Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion : Put Retired Weapons In The Reasearch Lab.

GONZI2013

So their are a fair amount of retired weapons like the Boar, Ether daggers, Gorgon, Sniptron. I think putting them into their respective lab would at least give people some more ways to get mastery points and it'll fill up the research labs with decently cheap weapons. Thoughts?

Sure, some weapons could work with that, but not Snipetron. 

Snipetron had a valid reason to be retired, that is, it didn't fit the lore to have a corpus weapon firing ordinary bullets. Hence Lanka.

They could simply alter the model like they did with the Torid, so it doesn't look like a Corpus weapon. I don't remember there being any lore related to it, tying it to Corpus, but that could be changed as well.

They could simply alter the model like they did with the Torid, so it doesn't look like a Corpus weapon. I don't remember there being any lore related to it, tying it to Corpus, but that could be changed as well.

Thing is, yes, they changed the skin of Torid to look less like the Grineer Ogris, but changing the skin of Snipetron doesn't make it any less Corpus, since that is what it is initially recognised as. You could change Snipetron's skin to a wooden stick, but it would still BE Snipetron, and thereby also be Corpus. And there was clear indications that the Snipetron is a Corpus weapon, considering its design, as well as the Corpus logotype engraved in the stock. What makes it specifically different from other Corpus designed weapons is that it, like mentioned, fires ordinary bullets, unlike most, if not all, Corpus weapons such as Dera, Lanka, Supra etc. and therefore did not fit the "lore", though it would be more appropriate so say that it didn't fit the general Corpus concept.

Edited by ConcretePie

Thing is, yes, they changed the skin of Torid to look less like the Grineer Ogris, but changing the skin of Snipetron doesn't make it any less Corpus, since that is what it is initially recognised as. You could change Snipetron's skin to a wooden stick, but it would still BE Snipetron, and thereby also be Corpus. And there was clear indications that the Snipetron is a Corpus weapon, considering its design, as well as the Corpus logotype engraved in the stock. What makes it specifically different from other Corpus designed weapons is that it, like mentioned, fires ordinary bullets, unlike most, if not all, Corpus weapons such as Dera, Lanka, Supra etc. and therefore did not fit the "lore", though it would be more appropriate so say that it didn't fit the general Corpus concept.

Okay, so from what you're saying, unless I am misunderstanding, the main thing tying it to Corpus is the model... So how would changing the model not change it from Corpus, then? Because it used to look like a Corpus weapon? That seems pretty silly to me. Alternatively, why not just change the projectile, so it would fit Corpus? That actually seems like the easiest option here. It shouldn't have any real effect on the functionality of the weapon, and it would fit the Corpus better than its current state... [Edit] Ah hell, forgot about the Lanka...

But, uhhh... Either way, we seem to have gone a bit off topic here...

Edited by RyojinOrion

Okay, so from what you're saying, unless I am misunderstanding, the main thing tying it to Corpus is the model... So how would changing the model not change it from Corpus, then? Because it used to look like a Corpus weapon? That seems pretty silly to me. Alternatively, why not just change the projectile, so it would fit Corpus? That actually seems like the easiest option here. It shouldn't have any real effect on the functionality of the weapon, and it would fit the Corpus better than its current state...

But, uhhh... Either way, we seem to have gone a bit off topic here...

Almost, a little misunderstood. The thing tying it to the Corpus is the fact that it was Corpus, and changing the skin of it wouldn't make it any LESS Corpus... But I guess the Grineer could buy the patent on Snipetron, then it would be Grineer. But I don't think the Grineer would like that idea, since they already have Vulkar.. Eh, nevermind. I guess the Grineer could use some reinforcements, actually..

And the thing is, they DID in fact add a Corpus weapon called the Lanka. It has the EXACT same model as Snipetron, and fires a different projectile, more adapted to Corpus concept. It is a LOT more powerful than Snipetron, but also Mastery locked to rank 7 and only obtainable through the Corpus lab in the Clan Dojo. You should get that when you can, it's a great weapon!

But yes, we've gone far away from initial subject here.

Gorgon isn't retired. It's obtainable as a login reward.

I know, they could remove from the login reward along with the glaive bp  and put them in the research lab so we might have better chance of getting something we might actually want

Edited by GONZI2013

I know, they could remove from the login reward along with the glaive bp so we might have better chance of getting something we might actually want

You didn't consider that some people might want the Gorgon and Glaive. I don't think we should reform the entire login reward system to adapt to your will specifically.

But I guess you could make it like:

Have the Gorgon? Then you won't get the Gorgon BP.

Don't have the Glaive? Then you could get the Glaive BP.

You didn't consider that some people might want the Gorgon and Glaive. I don't think we should reform the entire login reward system to adapt to your will specifically.

But I guess you could make it like:

Have the Gorgon? Then you won't get the Gorgon BP.

Don't have the Glaive? Then you could get the Glaive BP.

hence putting them in the research lab

Edited by GONZI2013