The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Smite] Experience

MaverickZero

Have been playing Smite for a while now. I like the game. I hate the community (salty). I hate the matchmaking because it makes it all worth nothing. Unless you put together your own party you rarely win (2 games out of the last 30 assault games) because the matchmaking puts randomers vs parties. Sit back and watch the slaughter. Popcorn is recommended with a beverage of your choice. I stopped playing normal 5v5 because it's too salty for me. Even though I've always ranked 1st or 2nd in K/D & tower destruction. Everyone blames everyone for everything but no one gets credit for anything. Then the thought that I'm not paid to come play normal 5v5 and be b***ed at came to mind and I dropped it.

Never thought I'd see 0 kills Neith (equivalent of Ashe in LoL and Drow Ranger in Dota 2) but every game was 1 sided. The only thing I could do is finish off the enemy ranged gods then run for dear life. Out of the last 30 assault games I had at least 10 games where my team rage quit in the 2nd minute of the game. Overwhelming odds is an understatement. I did get a team kill once so that was cool (we lost anyway).

If I always had a full party I might have enjoyed Smite more (+12000% more) but it always ends too soon (no epic comebacks) and snowballing is the way to win. It requires more skill than LoL but less than Dota 2 and is entertaining to watch (slaughter-fest). Also, if people would stop rage-quitting all the time - it's much worse than LoL & Dota 2 in that regard.

/rant

Moba communities have always been salty but I found a new contender that is Smite who's aiming at the top spot and be the saltiest.

Share your experiences if you'd like about Smite or any other MOBA. I highly doubt someone would disagree with describing MOBA's as salty but it is possible.

Because you can't win by yourself and all 5 players (or 3) must work together to succeed. That kind of pressure is huge because you want to win yet any small mistake could throw that out the window. Understandable but annoying as hell.

It still doesnt give people the right to act like entitled A******s. The moba community is brim full of people that forgot that they too were once new to a game and to top it off they see the rest of ''noobs'' as a threat to their e-pen. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

It still doesnt give people the right to act like entitled A******s. The moba community is brim full of people that forgot that they too were once new to a game and to top it off they see the rest of ''noobs'' as a threat to their e-pen. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

I agree. The worst thing I've done (as an 'experienced' player) was ask the under-performers to practice vs. A.I. especially that every character is almost entirely different. Almost always they are either just starting out or trying out a new character. However, I think I'm part of the tiny group of players who don't purposely drive others away. The overwhelming majority fall under a-holes, ragers or trolls. Almost every MOBA has added report option for communication abuse but that did absolutely nothing. It turned into a tradition if anything.

I've been a Moba player since Dota 1 came to be. Smite's the one i play the most nowdays and yeah i can agree their community are bunch of whiney pinheads (A bit better than league and Dota's community tbh) I usually just tell them and I quote this from my Steaming partner.

"Mad Cuz Bad"

I say that they stop. I troll them, they get salty and ignore me.

I don't play Assault I usually just play conquest or the occasional Arena aswell.

I personally play arena a lot, I like how it adds a kind of 'deathmatch'-y feel to a MOBA game.  I don't play SMITE as much, and I think I should start getting into it again. :P

Oh, and I was a a BETA tester (nearer to the end of the beta tho)

"Mad Cuz Bad"

-Phobose (quote is being derp)

oooo, never thought of this before.  I think I'll start using it myself :P
Edited by Rainei00