Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

~Open Beta Player Feedback On The Current State Of The Game~

Aerensiniac

So, been around for a week maxing out basic and crafting a few advanced things. My opinion about the current state of the game is as follows:

On the good side: When TPS meets a rich variety of motion options, good times result. Warframe on this note gets an A+

From wall sliding to front flips, it has a lot of basic moves that award players a sense of fun, just for controlling their characters. If i wanted to be a bit of a maximist, then i would encourage the implementation of additional combo options, such as the sliding+meele or jumping+meele.

Level designs are good, but here i also need to mention that the (seemingly?) random map generator (dont know if its truly is a random map generator or just unlocks new path models for the same map with each mission start) was an awesome idea. Its a good thing to see no matter what.

The somewhat ninja based theme of the game was also successfuly incorporated into an advanced futuristic timeline.

The mod system offers a lot of diversity and everyone can mod to his/her hearts content.

Crafting takes time, yes, but is still fair no matter how you look at it.

Generally: warframe has a lot of potential and is a way above average game despite the average concept.

On the bad side (my bigest concerns):

- Lack of general direction is the most pressing issue i see right now, cause warframe is currently nothing more than a pve mass of grinding. Albeit these are evil and hard words, they sadly hold true.

There is no greater point to the game as of right now and im not just pointing at the lack of story. There is also the lack of pvp, lack of high end drops/content, large scale raids, any point to having a clan (since there are no multi-team raids nor pvp, nor anything related to having a guild/clan).

I think that the dev team is creative enough to come up with a lot of ideas to solve this issue. Personally, i would love to see a levelable clan/guild that can be upgraded and leveled (or even "modded" in some way with some elite drops?), i would also love to see raids against more complex bosses with parties as big as up to 10-20 people.

No matter how you look at it, if this aspect of the game doesnt change quickly, the game itself will expire in a couple of weeks. There is simply no reason for people to stick around any longer than that.

You get the space ninja feel, build your ideal warframe (IF you dont get bored of grinding) and game over. There is nothing to do.

- Warframe skill overlapping, combo and complimenting

Aint really a brainer. I find that warframes mostly specialize in solo destructive skills. Going by trinity's example, support roles and skills in general are unncecesarry and borderline pointless. Furthermore, there is a general lack of skills that compliment other warframes or warframe's skills.

There are all-purpose support skills like the loki's decoy which comes handy in any and all situations, but overall, i think that the skill system still needs a lot more tweaking towards team play or at least some form of combination that would allow modding, specing, teaming together on a deeper level

- Despite the fact that levels are randomly generated, due to the overall diversity of the map elements used, it easily gets repetitive. No matter how ingenious the generator engine is, the 200th time when you run the exact same looking corridors with the exact same elements to it, it loses its shine.

I cant really recommend a solution to this other than increasing the number of map elements, adding new themes (currently every planet and moon is a winter planet with atmosphere which is pretty... i dont know... funny(?) when you are running on mercury for instance which should have a gentle 400°c breeze running across it, or pluto where sun light should be practically nonexistent). Even ship insides could use a bit more revamping based on each faction.

Grineer could have a bit more rust on their ships, corpus could use a lot more high tech, and infested... well i get the idea with the amount of those plant like things everywhere, but that is just not enough (for me at least).

So on the note of level and map design, i can still imagine polishing.

- Stealth play

Well this one doesnt really need any explanation. Even tho we are playing more or less ninjas, warframe is currently in a shoot em up rambo stage.

Stealth is not rewarded, not encouraged, not really thought out, not modded, not loved, etc.

The very first step that is missing here is the rewards for stealth play. It takes longer, it takes out the drops that come with the hoards of enemies while detected, and your small finger gets cramped due to holding ctrl. Currently all you get for missing out on drops/affinity is braging rights. Changing this is the first step towards having stealth play.

- Customization

A bit more freedom in terms of customization wouldnt hurt. Skins and custom colors are okay i guess (even tho i found it a bit harsh to pay for colors), but for the models to have only 2 main color slots.... no. Thats a bit too shallow for today's standards, and especially shallow for a game which put dibs on looks with a ninja theme.

That being said, i would also welcome the addition of not only colors but textures and materials, such as metallic, wood, dusty, etc.

Edited by Aerensiniac

"No matter how you look at it, if this aspect of the game doesnt change quickly, the game itself will expire in a couple of weeks. There is simply no reason for people to stick around any longer than that.

You get the space ninja feel, build your ideal warframe (IF you dont get bored of grinding) and game over. There is nothing to do."

You are talking about the game like its finished. People are supposed to TEST. Not to explore the whole game.

its a beta after all....

And the things about clans? U8 will be clan focused. So stay tuned Tenno ;)

What?

Disregard that, i suck grenades. Changed to TPS

"No matter how you look at it, if this aspect of the game doesnt change quickly, the game itself will expire in a couple of weeks. There is simply no reason for people to stick around any longer than that.

You get the space ninja feel, build your ideal warframe (IF you dont get bored of grinding) and game over. There is nothing to do."

You are talking about the game like its finished. People are supposed to TEST. Not to explore the whole game.

its a beta after all....

I am aware that we are in beta, i just opinioned the current state of the game. :)

That being said, naturally i am more than curious about the future updates and final product. After all, this game holds a lot of potential.

Edited by Aerensiniac

Good point on the planet enviroment. Or may be give an explanation to why it is like that, like artifical terrain created by corpus etc that ties in to lore.

I can imagine terraforming for one, but that has obvious flaws to it due to the distance from the sun. You cant really "terraform" away 400-700°c average temeperatures, nor can you create an artifical sun around the pluto with it.

its a beta after all....

I think Venarge and I have posted to similar posts about this but, yea. This is a small time company self publishing. Think old style beta testing before giant game companies used them as marketing ploys.

That being said listing the bad section of the OP:

PVP is not a priority right now. Lore / Endgame content/more mission types/map types etc is right now.

Skill overlapping: lots of posts about this generally the community is trying to help devs find solutions in making each frame feel unique.

Maps: The game uses procedural generation. Wait for new tile sets and hopefully soon, the devs will allow player content kits so we can add to them and maybe mash them together with new stages / stories who knows.

Stealth: Not even remotely finished right now the devs are talking about how to improve it (2nd livestream last hour I think?)

Customization: In time I think

That being said: constructive and non-flamey and valid. I know a lot of people watch the Q & As but, a lot don't I assure you they will make you feel a whole lot better than the forums.

Edit: Soonish on player content and UP8 is rumoured to be all about clans

Edited by shoudra

I believe that Update8: Rise of Warlords will alleviate some of your issues.

I think clan-based content will introduce a competitive side to Warframe and add a much needed longevity to the game. As a social game, the current state of clan is simply pointless apart from being an easier way to find teammates or join an existing game based on host's location to minimize lag. Warframe needs to expand this feature of the game into something bigger is not a choice, it's a must.

Another thing that really bug me for 2 months is the lack of imagination in 4th power design. Almost all of them are nuke. Remaking them is needed. Some topics in the forum have been trying to provide DE with some plausible solutions.

I believe that Update8: Rise of Warlords will alleviate some of your issues.

Looking forward to it.
Another thing that really bug me for 2 months is the lack of imagination in 4th power design. Almost all of them are nuke. Remaking them is needed. Some topics in the forum have been trying to provide DE with some plausible solutions.
I have to more or less agree on that note. It would be nice to somehow create a sense of team play with skills, not just a 4 man party of solo players bashing at mobs.