The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 And Problems For Low Level Players

o0BlackPhoenix0o

Hey there Warframe-Community,

What i wanted to talk about is the Damage 2.0 Update and the Aftereffects for low-level Players. First off i want to talk about something that bothered me since the release of this specific update: Rhino. Rhino was meant to be a Tank, but now Rhino seems to have the Damageresistance like a Bag full of hard boiled Eggs. Ironskin, wich kept you alive during reviving Teammates or hacking, lasts now during Fights against like 10-12 Level 15 Enemys around 2 Seconds.

While the Warframes and Weapons released after the Damage-Update were adjusted to fit in the new system the old Warframes and Weapons just stayed like they where while the Damageoutput and possible Input of the Enemys rose up. The Armor and Abillitypower of the "older" Warframe-Models were not adjusted. And as we speak of Armor: Rhino=Tank: 190 Armor; Valkyr=Damagedealer: 600 Armor!!!!

I would really appreciate Tanks wich actually can tank, and Damagedealers wich can't fight against around 30 Enemys alone and still dominate the Battle 'cause they just don't take any Damage.

Same thing with most of the Weapons released before Damage 2.0 like the Latron and the Boltor. They just can't keep up with the newer Weapons like the Soma or the Karak 'cause they just don't deal enough Damage. The best Example to show how much the older Weapons sufferd under Damage 2.0 is, in my Opinion, the Gorgon wich was one of the best Weapons in Game and turned to an Ammo wasting Piece of Metal, even against Corpus. 

I really would appreciate if DE would think sometimes about testing Weapons and Warframes with lower Levels and not every Time fully upgraded and immortal and adjusting the older Weapons and Warframes to be fun to play again. 

But again, everything is did was talking about the lower Levels and not about High End modded Stuff. Some Weapons i mentioned may be devastating with high-level Builds but a Game should care about long-time Players AND Beginners. I just want the Game to be more balanced and Fun to play for Everyone and not only for the Ones who have the best Mods and Equipment. 

I hope you all enjoy your Time playing Warframe and,

There's a large Security Force heading your way...Leave no one standing!

Your title refers to low level players (often referring to new players) and how Damage 2.0 can be confusing. What your post is about is how various weapons suck when they aren't at a high level. It would be better for there to be more clarity in the title and as to your post, are you modding right? Are you killing the enemies or CCing them before you try stuff like reviving? You should not, and do not, face tank the enemy or you will die. Simple as that.

As to weapons, what are you referring to? Give examples with numbers and mods attached instead of just broad examples like the Gorgon. If you're not modding right them of course you're going to face troubles when dealing with levels that your equipment are prepared for. I know you are referring to low leveled gear but you can easily fix that by running missions you are more properly geared towards until they have the levels needed.

I know I'm referring to mods a lot but honestly, with the system as it is, they are a necessary evil. I understand that new players can have difficulty getting those mods and might not understand about ranking them up but you don't start a game with full knowledge and understanding about the mechanics and, in this game, playing against RNG is par for the course.

Also, you don't point out a lot towards Damage 2.0 and are focusing more on power creep and while Damage 2.0 tried to change some of that it didn't (far from depending on who you talk to) fix it.

P.S. I think that this doesn't entirely belong under warframes and abilities feedback but that might just be me.

Edited by Armouredhunter