Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cover

Zed0

What about a Cover system? What about Stealth? (I'm a ninja, there should be stealth!)

We love cover systems but for Warframe we felt it sacrificed mobility and simplicity too much. Our coming updates continue down this path even more so, emphasizing the agility and speed aspects of the ninja. We hope to convince you this is a better path for Warframe and that slow and tactical, although great on its own, just doesn't fit well with Warframe. As far as stealth goes: we're with you. We have started on this path with Warframe powers (like Ash and Loki), critical bonuses for charged melee attacks on unaware enemies and perception changes when crouching. We are exploring some very cool stuff for stealth that I will talk about once it is in better shape.

From the FAQ.

Edited by Kohira

What about a Cover system? What about Stealth? (I'm a ninja, there should be stealth!)

We love cover systems but for Warframe we felt it sacrificed mobility and simplicity too much. Our coming updates continue down this path even more so, emphasizing the agility and speed aspects of the ninja. We hope to convince you this is a better path for Warframe and that slow and tactical, although great on its own, just doesn't fit well with Warframe. As far as stealth goes: we're with you. We have started on this path with Warframe powers (like Ash and Loki), critical bonuses for charged melee attacks on unaware enemies and perception changes when crouching. We are exploring some very cool stuff for stealth that I will talk about once it is in better shape.

From the FAQ.

Thank You.

Please no. If anything, taking cover should be discouraged. You should be encouraged to be on the move, only using 'cover' for shield recharging and nothing else.

This shouldn't be a cover shooter.

I understand that the difficulty increases of 7.7 have made it a cover shooter but I think that's a problem, not a good idea, and adding in a cover system will just entrench the real problem (damage is too high for a game where you are expected to be exposed to enemy fire).