Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Room - Training Center

Darkwave5

So I was talking with some friends about it and figured I'd post it and get some input/ideas to expand on it, but the basic idea is as follows:

It would be a room similar in size to the obstacle course, or possibly a modular setup of smaller rooms that’re built independently. Don’t know how plausible it’d be but maybe within them you’d have a console to let you access your arsenal without having to leave dojo and come back in?

A section of “dummies” of different types, stationary shooting targets that’re the same size as current enemies at different ranges, similar to an indoor shooting range. This would allow you to practice using weapons at different ranges and get a feel for burst firing to keep rounds on target. Could maybe have a readout above them that shows number of hits, though I’m not entirely sure how you’d go about resetting it and measuring hits vs miss.

An area that works kind of similar to the obstacle course, it would start a timer when you hit the activate button and move you into a small/medium sized area with randomly spawned enemies. Each enemy would only have say 1 heath, and it times how long it takes you to clear all of them. Each attempt would spawn them in different areas, but the total number would remain constant, making it so it’s not just about memorizing locations, but is still comparable to others times.

A damage/dps meter area, basically a large medium and small target (or possibly different ranges here too?) each with their own reset button. Resetting clears any previous hits/damage and primes it. Once the first shot hits it will begin recording the damage total, and showing that total divided by the number of seconds since you started, maybe have it hard capped at recording up to 10 seconds?

The idea is to give a place in the dojo where you can test out your new weapons, and toy around with different setups to find what works best for you, something beyond theorycrafting and more in the realm of practical application. That said however it’s mostly just an idea that is open to evolution and change.

That's actually something that quite many players would want. Especially so with the incoming U13, people would want to be able to test out combos and melees before actually going into a mission to use them. Also, as you say, it's really a pain to have to leave Dojo every single time to change your loadout.

Well for one thing, I feel this is more suited in Suggestion Threads. Indeed, the option to change weapons in Clan Dojo is needed as well as some room to practice the weapons and Tenno powers.

So let me try and elaborate on what this Clan Room can be:

Training Room:

Effect: This big room has 2 sections to it.

1st Section: Weapon Library

Each clan member in a clan that has fully mastered a weapon or Warframe will have their "data" written in the Clan Library Database. In this section of the Clan Room, any clan member can test weapons and Warframes that another Clan Member has fully mastered on a dummy in the second section of the Training Room.

2nd Section: Dummies

In the 2nd section of the room, Tenno practices their weapon and Tenno powers on a dummy in which they can set to what  action the dummy can take (either standing, defending, or attacking).

Edited by FoxFX

Training Room:

Each clan member in a clan that has fully mastered a weapon or Warframe will have their "data" written in the Clan Library Database. In this section of the Clan Room, any clan member can test weapons and Warframes that another Clan Member has fully mastered on a dummy in the second section of the Training Room.

In the 2nd section of the room, Tenno practices their weapon and Tenno powers on a dummy in which they can set to what  action the dummy can take (either standing, defending, or attacking).

I actually really like the library idea, would help the whole "man i regret building x" and give people a chance to try the more obscure weapons that they may actually like.

as for the suggestions thing, at the moment it's not really fleshed out enough I'd consider it an actual suggestion, so I put it here to try get other's ideas to help shape it into something a bit less of a concept and a bit more polished.

edit: lol failed at quoting... <.< derp

Edited by Darkwave5

Training Room:

I actually really like the library idea, would help the whole "man i regret building x" and give people a chance to try the more obscure weapons that they may actually like.

as for the suggestions thing, at the moment it's not really fleshed out enough I'd consider it an actual suggestion, so I put it here to try get other's ideas to help shape it into something a bit less of a concept and a bit more polished.

edit: lol failed at quoting... <.< derp

That is the main goal of this idea. To allow players to know what weapons they can try next based on the weapons other players in the clan have mastered.

This also doubles the benefit for newbie players since they need some way to know what are the library of tools they can use and how to practice melee combos and to see which type of mods they should use to make their next weapon more easier to handle.