Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Parkour Concept] Reverse Wall Jump

ShiningArmor

So there's that glitch where if you crouch and release while wall climbing, you can get more height. To fix that, why don't we have where if you click the crouch key, you lunge backwards off the wall, getting more distance than the normal backflip if you release the jump button. By holding crouch, you can hold it, but you'll begin sliding down, not like if you just hold jump and slide down, you'll be in the position for the jump, but can get a bit more distance. The multiple wall climb is useful as well, but I think it's a bit of an exploit that should be fixed with something else that's good.

I think what you are saying is verticaly wall running up and releasing space to flip backwards?

Yeah. That's what happens if you normally release jump while vertically wall running. You can also hit crouch and release it and it will reset your vertical wall running so you can get more height. A bit of an exploit, so why not make something else out of it?

Yeah. That's what happens if you normally release jump while vertically wall running. You can also hit crouch and release it and it will reset your vertical wall running so you can get more height. A bit of an exploit, so why not make something else out of it?

I just do the back flip off the wall. During it I immediately turn the camera and Zoren copter to further distances. You just have to put it all together the moves are there.

You can also hit crouch/jump kick to gain extra distance too, after doing the back flip from the wall.

I just do the back flip off the wall. During it I immediately turn the camera and Zoren copter to further distances. You just have to put it all together the moves are there.

You can also hit crouch/jump kick to gain extra distance too, after doing the back flip from the wall.

I know. I'm not asking this to gain more distance, I'm asking this to get rid of the vertical wall running exploit.

Or how about build off of what the community knows; creating a function so when you're wall-running vertically or even horizontally, you can press the crouch button and your avatar will do a leap straight upward with the momentum you had while wall climbing/running.

Timing it at the end of vertical wall runs may end up giving that extra push you made need to clear some obstacles with slower frames (which is why most use the exploit), whilst stopping players from breaking the games boundaries.

Works with horizontal wall runs as-well.

'Running horizontally on a wall' + 'Hit control' = 'jumping straight upwards' + 'able to grab ledge'

Edited by Sullen

Or how about build off of what the community knows; creating a function so when you're wall-running vertically or even horizontally, you can press the crouch button and your avatar will do a leap straight upward with the momentum you had while wall climbing/running.

Timing it at the end of vertical wall runs may end up giving that extra push you made need to clear some obstacles with slower frames (which is why most use the exploit), whilst stopping players from breaking the games boundaries.

Works with horizontal wall runs as-well.

'Running horizontally on a wall' + 'Hit control' = 'jumping straight upwards' + 'able to grab ledge'

All obstacles requiring vertical wall run are able to be done with any frame without using the exploit. If not, then there will be other ways to scale those parts without exploiting. Horizontal wall runs is fine. I was going to suggest later maybe make some obstacles where you HAVE to use the horizontal lunge. Also, when doing a horizontal one, you just release the jump button and you go flying, you don't hit the crouch button at all. The vertical wall exploit can be used to get to areas where some enemies such as the infested are unable to hit you. Unless you are using a frame like Valkyr or Zephyr which gives you legit means to get up there, I don't think you should be allowed to do it, because then what is the point of Valkyr and Zephyr's mobility abilities if you can easily get to those heights by illegitimate means?

All obstacles requiring vertical wall run are able to be done with any frame without using the exploit. If not, then there will be other ways to scale those parts without exploiting.

I've had trouble in the past with slower frames getting up vertical obstacles that were put there to be climbed.

Having an extra vertical jump via crouching during a wall-run would give a player more option to traverse a map while eliminating the exploit. It would add onto the list of a available ways to get from 'A' to 'B'.

Horizontal wall runs is fine. I was going to suggest later maybe make some obstacles where you HAVE to use the horizontal lunge. Also, when doing a horizontal one, you just release the jump button and you go flying, you don't hit the crouch button at all.

What I was trying to say is that if you were able to vertically jump straight up while wall running by pressing crouch, you would have more control of your character, as-well as adding new way to maneuver a map differently. Again, Sometimes letting go of space while wall running is inconvenient! Sometimes I don't want to fly halfway across the room. A strictly vertical jump using crouch while wall running would add a lot more control of your character.

I've had multiple cases where letting go of space while wall running sent me flying to my death. It's ridiculous. Hah

The vertical wall exploit can be used to get to areas where some enemies such as the infested are unable to hit you. Unless you are using a frame like Valkyr or Zephyr which gives you legit means to get up there, I don't think you should be allowed to do it, because then what is the point of Valkyr and Zephyr's mobility abilities if you can easily get to those heights by illegitimate means?

The vertical exploit is just that, an exploit. It needs to be removed. And instead of removing it completely, like you said, they should replace it with something new. I'm just saying that it would be closer to the exploit if our warframe's could squeeze out that last bit of height they need by pressing crouch while wall running to hop straight upward and even grab onto a ledge if so be it.

It would keep close to the roots of the exploit, but would nerf it dramatically.

I've had trouble in the past with slower frames getting up vertical obstacles that were put there to be climbed.

Having an extra vertical jump via crouching during a wall-run would give a player more option to traverse a map while eliminating the exploit. It would add onto the list of a available ways to get from 'A' to 'B'.

What I was trying to say is that if you were able to vertically jump straight up while wall running by pressing crouch, you would have more control of your character, as-well as adding new way to maneuver a map differently. Again, Sometimes letting go of space while wall running is inconvenient! Sometimes I don't want to fly halfway across the room. A strictly vertical jump using crouch while wall running would add a lot more control of your character.

I've had multiple cases where letting go of space while wall running sent me flying to my death. It's ridiculous. Hah

The vertical exploit is just that, an exploit. It needs to be removed. And instead of removing it completely, like you said, they should replace it with something new. I'm just saying that it would be closer to the exploit if our warframe's could squeeze out that last bit of height they need by pressing crouch while wall running to hop straight upward and even grab onto a ledge if so be it.

It would keep close to the roots of the exploit, but would nerf it dramatically.

My idea was for them to lunge backwards, not upwards.