Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Origin Protectorate [Multi-Game Community] News And Recruitment Thread

reltats

June 11, Update 13.7.0:

"Added in MOTD (Message of the Day) Functionality for Alliances: Warlords in an Alliances will now have an additional button in their Alliance Management UI screen which will allow them create Messages of the Day for the entire Alliance. Alliance MOTD's will also display the author's name and clan."

The irony.

June 11, Update 13.7.0:

"Added in MOTD (Message of the Day) Functionality for Alliances: Warlords in an Alliances will now have an additional button in their Alliance Management UI screen which will allow them create Messages of the Day for the entire Alliance. Alliance MOTD's will also display the author's name and clan."

The irony.

Why DE....... WHY...... why did they not tell us ;-;

Well now its extra relevant, so I'd like to apologize on how bitter Ive been seeming lately. And add the kickening to that now...... (copy/pasted from my steam)

I would like to apologize to the clans that feel I have been being bitter. To be entirely fair, I have been a bit bitter lately. I have been going through quite a lot in real life, and trying to manage the alliance has left me quite burnt out. Looking back at the last few days I should have handled myself better in the alliance and it's hardly fair I let my issues in real life affect the way I handled the alliance. I will be sure to do better.

Edited by reltats

I'd like to add that Inner Frontier is quite active, yet we never received a "roll call" request. We just weren't in the alliance one day. I double checked all available communication channels: forum, in game, and even email, and received no notification that this was happening. However, given reltats' recent demeanor in his public communications, and the relative uselessness of the alliance system right now, we would hesitate to approach any more alliances at this time.

Right, I checked my inbox in those three locations to figure out what was going on, coming up empty handed. One of my members came to the *recruitment* thread to find out about the roll call. We were not even aware that there was a Steam community. That would have been nice to know. I'd figure if a Steam community was created, and it was going to be used for important communications, that a message would be sent to each clan leader in one of those three locations: forum inbox, email, or in game inbox. I'm guessing that was announced on either the *recruitment* thread or the alliance chat in game. We were active in alliance chat shortly after alliances were implemented, gathering allies for our groups rather than pubbies, but about two weeks after that, there were some very immature comments and arguments in alliance chat. We weren't involved with them, it was just painful to see. We're old farts in our thirties. We don't have time for that nonsense. We also noticed that it was being used as a glorified trade channel. We still went there occasionally to gather allies for a group, but otherwise we talked amongst ourselves.

My point is, if the Steam community was going to be used for important communications, it should have been messaged directly to everybody. All we knew was that we weren't in the alliance anymore despite our contributions, and it took coming to the *recruitment* thread to find out why. That's a serious communication issue, which yes, ironically was solved with the MOTD feature implemented today.

Edited by Arsonide

Mystery alliance event coming soon

You can vote on the prize here

You can sign up in three man teams with with one moderator observer being assigned here

-You can only be on one team

-Make sure your team does not sign up more then once

-This will be a multi-day event starting Friday June 27th

-Once the event starts we will not allow any more teams to join

-Your team may withdraw at anytime if they so choose

-List the times your team will be able to play in GMT or UTC

-Referees will not be able to win anything

-Referees will not help you

-Some refs will be streaming the event

-If you are attacked and killed by an invader you will be allowed to try again

-Load outs must be posted with your team members

--Example

Team Captain: reltats - Valkyr, Mk1-Braton, Bo Prime

NinjaRican - Loki Prime, Dread, Despair, Amphsis

Mr. Pants - Ember, Paris Prime

Timezone - UTC-7 (EDT) 6pm - 11pm

-Ban List

-Orgis

-Penta

-Bolter Prime

-Soma

-Brakk

-Stug

-Angstrum

-Castanas

-No Wraith or Vandal weapons

Edit: (copy paste from steam)

The main point is for people to get to know each other a bit more in the alliance. As for the event itself, the point of not giving much info is so that people dont make crazy specialized builds so they can win that loki prime super easy. We as level a playing field as we can get. The invaders part is because they have such a low chance to happen and could be unfair.
If you sign up you can always withdraw from the event if you wish.
Oh and we are offering FREE STUFF. Free stuff that is in quite high demand at that

Also once the event starts we will NOT accept any more teams into the event

Edited by reltats

Weekly Announcements 6/18/2014

------------------------------

(TL;DR Note: Alliance forecast at the bottom.)

Hello there, my fellow protectorates! These are the weekly announcements of 6/18/2014:

Major News

----------

Ambassador System:

------------------

We noticed that many suggested alot of different games in the meeting on saturday, 6/14/14. We want to remind you that ANYBODY is eligible to be an ambassador, as long as they follow the rules found in the steam groups "Lets Play" discussion sub forum. As long as your game is multi-player, it is allowed to be submitted as a game to represent. If there are any questions concerning a ceertain games ability to host an event, please post in the discussions or the forums for a mod to see and we will assist the best we can.

Once your made an ambassador, please make a post in the Lets Play subforum of the steam group page. Please keep your game to 1 thread to limit clogging up the sub forum, we just had those pipes cleaned!

War on solar Rails:

-------------------

As you are all very aware, the kickening has happened. With this out of the way, our population is half of what we were. we are starting up our recruitment again and pushing for donations to the alliance vault. We are looking at a 50 million credit goal before our next attack. Once we set in stone where we will attack, we will announce it to the alliance and prepare for the fight.

On another note, We've seen discussion asking for support in the creation of specter armies. If you have the BP's and the time, please do assist in the creation of these, as they will aid us in taking our next rail if we have them assembled.

The Mystery Event:

------------------

Only a few teams have signed up for participation in the newest alliance event. If you are interested in participating, please sign up in the Steam Group or forums. Also, vote for what you would like to see as the prize of the event by voting at http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=539e6e13e4b0d5f2a7af4341.

Minor News

----------

Recruitment: The war will be brutal with our numbers. If you see any clans wanting to join our cause, or know of an alliance clan that was kicked, please refer them to us so our chances of winning our battles will be that much greater.

Message of the day: Please be mindful of the MOTD. We know you all love to jump into the alliance chat and thats exactly where it pops up. It will inform you of whats new and where to find certain information.

Raid Call: Our channel is 8559225. We have many who hop on and channels to use for vocal team play, so come join us! 

Alliance forecast

-----------------------

~Abassadors:

*Planetside 2*

------------

Thepizzalord (IGN: Pizzalord)- Terran republic (Server: Waterson)

Lizzardboyc (IGN: IsabeauXIII) - New conglomerate (Server: Mattherson)

(Note: Server merge will most likely be soon, combining these servers)

*Dota 2*

------

Nox 174

*Diablo 3*

----------

Sardaukar

~Events

------------------------

*Warframe*

--------

Mystery event - June 27 - Time Varies

(Note: Reguarding the mystery event, a vote on the prize is in progress,

Loki Prime set is leading in the polls as of this post.)

GO FORTH AND GAME!

A fan of yours,

Lizzardboyc, The NeoReapers

The (not so) Mystery event 2.0

Due to the Drama train being set to ludicrous speed I am taking full control of the event.

I want to start off by saying that this event is not about proving who the best in the alliance is; it's about team building, it's about getting the people who are not very active in alliance chat to meet more people, it's about doing something fun in the alliance. So far it's proved to do none of these things. In fact it's been doing the opposite.

So heres the low down on the event.
It's going to span as many days as we need, Having a ref get a score from various stats that will be announced each day adding to the points your team has earned. The missions will get progressively harder, with the final rounds being in the infinite modes. Depending on the number of teams and referees signed up there may be elimination rounds to make it possible to get the event done within a reasonable amount of time

If you wish to sign up with your team go to http://steamcommunity.com/groups/originprotecto/discussions/0/540744475285770282/'>this page

If you need to find a team check http://steamcommunity.com/groups/originprotecto/discussions/0/540744934386447834/'>this place out

To pull pressure off the moderators, I will take handling of all prizes upon myself. As such I will only guarantee a prize for first place. Second and third will get them if I can farm/buy them. Unless they just want some Cicero mods, those I can give easy enough.

The event start has been pushed back to July 11th, If we do not get at least 10 teams by July 4th I will cancel the event.

Edit: that darn black text

Edited by reltats

• 2 weeks later...

-Weekly announcements: Weekly update announcements will now be discontinued, taking their place will be monthly update announcements posted at the end of each month.

-The mystery event: Info is in the signup page on steam, far too much to really call it a mystery at this point. We still only have two teams and one solo team signed up. If we do not hit ten teams by july 4th (Well July 5th realistically) the event will be canceled

-Some may have noticed a pop up on steam saying the event started, this was my bad as I never fixed the scheduler in steam, the event will actually be starting July 11th

-Dark sectors: Once again we will not be moving until the update to dark sectors is released and we have No Less than 50 million in the alliance vault. Remember we have to pay every player that runs the rail, which takes a lot. we are currently at roughly 30 million

-RaidCall: The raidcall has been rather inactive the last few days, remember you can always feel free to pop in and talk to us! If you have trouble making an account on the program then going to actually raidcall website should fix the issue. our raidcall ID is 8559225

Edit: black text strikes again. this is getting weird >.>

Edited by reltats

Due to a lack of interest we are canceling the alliance event. In the future we will try to keep events more casual/laid back and rewardless so as to not need any organization or sign up, since apparently these are very off putting.

Much announce, very wow

Due to various personal reasons Lizzardboyc has decided to step down from his position in the alliance. If we see more activity in the alliance, and fill the rest of our open moderator slots (currently 4 left) we will fill his high councilor slot again

Hello everyone

Due to exams, work, sports, and my family I currently have no time to do anything with the alliance, So ill be taking a vacation from leadership. Hopefully I wont need more then a week or two. During this time all leadership actions will be handled by NinjaRican and Creid, Thebrainbrain is still unable to help manage the alliance as well. I might still be seen on from time to time, but that's because I want to relax a bit from time to time

But before I go I have a new moderator to announce: BuffTucker

NinjaRican can easily be reached on the Offical Warframe fourms, The steam group, or very often in the raidcall ID=8559225 (if you have trouble making an account in the RaidCall program itself, go to the website and make your account there)

Hello everyone

Due to exams, work, sports, and my family I currently have no time to do anything with the alliance, So ill be taking a vacation from leadership. Hopefully I wont need more then a week or two. During this time all leadership actions will be handled by NinjaRican and Creid, Thebrainbrain is still unable to help manage the alliance as well. I might still be seen on from time to time, but that's because I want to relax a bit from time to time

But before I go I have a new moderator to announce: BuffTucker

NinjaRican can easily be reached on the Offical Warframe fourms, The steam group, or very often in the raidcall ID=8559225 (if you have trouble making an account in the RaidCall program itself, go to the website and make your account there)

Hope all goes well for ya buddy. Also a big welcome to BuffTucker as a fellow mod.

HERE WE GO AGAIN! SWAGG FORCE ONE BISHES!

rollerblading-gangsta-o.gif

Now the official taunt of SwagForceOne. Mk-1 Braton Master race

Edit: No really. 8 formas into my MK-1 Braton. It is ready

Edited by reltats