The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Skynin

Gearbox isn't making this sequel?! That concerns me

This is pre-sequel. Before it was mentioned as DLC, but now it's just evolved into stand-alone game!

Another studio developing it, not Gearbox. Gearbox making sequel in the same time i believe

This actually a new Borderlands game, instead of just a DLC?  

The screenshots look almost the same as Borderlands 2.

Yes, pre-Borderlands 3 game (or whatever would it be), not Borderlands 2, but something based on it.

I guess that sequel will be an MMO project

I skipped 2... I should probably play it first.

Go and play it. NOW!

Edited by Skynin

Gearbox isn't making this sequel?! That concerns me

My guess is that they are working on Borderlands 3 while a close company makes a smaller sequel based on what they already have for the most part, in the same way that the Arkham series was handled in the case of Batman. Warner made Origins which was very iterative,changed very little and they made it because Rocksteady, the actual developer of the series was and still is working on the next big game in the series.

I can see why one would be worried, but hopefully this will work out. I love the Borderlands games, but they kind of need something new, the next big Borderlands game needs to be more refreshing. This won't be most likely and that's why I think and hope it's not that hard to mess up.

Edited by Drakenreiter

My guess is that they are working on Borderlands 3 while a close company makes a smaller sequel based on what they already have for the most part, in the same way that the Arkham series was handled in the case of Batman.

Or like Bethesda did with Fallout 3 -> Fallout New Vegas.

I agree drakenreiter. I came to the same conclusion. Borderlands 2 was good, but Borderlands 1 was on another level. Not much was changed from 1 to 2 except the graphics, ui, skills, and weapon asthetics. There wasn't any "OMG THIS WEAPON IS CRAY" feeling that I got from the first one. Which made me sad. I look forward to seeing what a set of fresh eyes can come up with.

But on the upside, The Son of Crawmerax is being released next Tuesday. I can't wait to murder that giant purple bastard :3

Edited by SteeleTheShow

Sort of wish it was a standalone but can be addon to Borderlands 2. The desire for space helmet head options and extra weapons for the game would be a fine reason to reinstall o__o

FREEZE GUNZ

RAY WEAPONS

RHINO STOMP

I'M SOLD!

(ALL THE CAPS because this is Mister Torgue style)

That reminds me about Far Cry: Blood Dragon, same game/addon hybrid

Edited by Skynin