Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know What We Need? Design Council Dojo!

Gaslightingway

My concern is just how massive the rooms are going to have to be to fit a reasonable amount of Design Council members, and eventually the general public. Even if you instance them, it would still need to be massive to fit enough Tenno into the rooms for it to seem like "Yeah, this is a social hub". Maybe there should be smaller versions of the ones for the hub, but not at the scale they would need to be.

Well, think of the mission nodes. If you have more than 4 players on one mission node, they obviously aren't all playing on the very same map. Just place a hardcap on how many people could be in it, and if you exceed the limit, duplicate it and start a new one for the others.

Well, think of the mission nodes. If you have more than 4 players on one mission node, they obviously aren't all playing on the very same map. Just place a hardcap on how many people could be in it, and if you exceed the limit, duplicate it and start a new one for the others.

I sort of envisioned it being hardcapped at a pretty high number, like around 250 or so, so you get a definite sense of being in a crowd but not completely crowded. Kind of like your average MMO city hub, but the entire place based around socialization and interactivity instead of merchants and the like. Obviously, I would love to see the game transition away from the starmap and instead, be based on starting in the hub and having a room with the starmap in it. That is the eventual end goal of this suggestion, but I am trying to go for something that is far simpler yet still providing a decent level of interaction between players.

how about this: since there will be HUBs, there will be VIP lounges for founders

Think more of a space station that is based around a central core and 4 large arms that extend out. The public could go anywhere except for one of those arms, which would be like a VIP wing specifically for Design Council members. I would want more than a single room for Design Council members.

Only problem I find with that is the gamebreaking, research anything in a certain room thing. It doesn't really fit imho.

It seems like something reasonable as at a point in the future it'd be open for non founders in the future.

There is no gamebreaking, research anything in a certain room thing. The only thing you can research, well really buy back, your Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime if you sold it at any point for some reason, whichever ones your Founder pack made you eligible for. Other than that, there is nothing you can acquire in this hub.

There is no gamebreaking, research anything in a certain room thing. The only thing you can research, well really buy back, your Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime if you sold it at any point for some reason, whichever ones your Founder pack made you eligible for. Other than that, there is nothing you can acquire in this hub.

design council isn't founder exclusive

design council isn't founder exclusive

I realize that, which is why I put in there:

The only thing you can research, well really buy back, your Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime if you sold it at any point for some reason, whichever ones your Founder pack made you eligible for.

That means that if you are not eligible for any of it, you can't get it.

Edited by N0M4D1C