The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Hydroid Could Be Better.

TunaMayo

Hydroid is quite a fun frame, but could be altered ever so slightly to be more fun, unique and viable.

1. This skill is great for knocking doqn crowds. But, the activation delay is too long, as you cast the skill and the enemies might have left the radius in the delay between casting and bombardment. Also, when you use stretch, the radius becomes larger and the missiles more sparse, but this means large numbers of enemies can run through the bombardment and not be hit. Could either the missiles get a larger knockdown effect or more missiles in the bombardment?

2. The wave is great fun, but presently it feels like a watery version of rhino charge. If the enemies got caught in the wave and all collected at the waves end it could be more unique and useful. A bonus would be to not be thrown from the wave as we are currently, I'd love to be able to flow from using my wave straight into sprinting rather than having movement stopped after the power.

3. Puddle oof doom! A fun but near useless power that could be altered in a variety of ways to be more useful. Also, please allow pressing 3 again to unpuddle yourself!

3a. Simply allow friendlies to shoot the puddle and have the damage spread out over all enemies caught in the puddle.

3b. Have the puddle expel enemies in all directions, the longer you puddle the stronger and farther the expulsion.

3c. Allow unique movement during puddle form. So you can cling to walls and cielings at a slower rate than sprinting, but you can move, collect enemies and stealth.

4. Love the hentai explosion really.

That's all I have to say presently, a fun frame that could use a few tweaks!

1) Disagree. IMO It's clearly designed as a trade off. With narrow minded you can pick a target and bomb the crap out of it. With stretch/over extended you can cause chaos. Similar to the ult. Natural talent is helpful with cast times. If nothing cast slowly, the mod would be pointless. Deal with the cast time, or spend a mod to make it faster. That's part of the choice mechanic that makes Warframe awesome.

2) Agree-ish. The skill has some properties, like being able to change direction in mid air by casting it, that I don't want to see get lost. If I could come out of it sprinting and NOTHING ELSE CHANGED I'd be fine with that but if the physics changes to make that work messed with anything else about the skill I'd probably be disappointed.

3) EDIT-- Actually I'm starting to see how this one works. You pool and let enemies run into you, thus gathering them all together. Then you drop your AoE as soon as you come up.---

IMO, they should only sink to about shoulder height and flail about like they can't swim. Then your team mates can shoot them or drop a pain field over you, like Oberon's fire box thing or Ember's fire ring.

4) CEPHALOPOD DISRESPECT FROM BEHIND!!! >:D

Edited by VKhaun

1. This skill is great for knocking doqn crowds. But, the activation delay is too long, as you cast the skill and the enemies might have left the radius in the delay between casting and bombardment. Also, when you use stretch, the radius becomes larger and the missiles more sparse, but this means large numbers of enemies can run through the bombardment and not be hit. Could either the missiles get a larger knockdown effect or more missiles in the bombardment?

I think the bombardment is fine with the casting time. If it didn't have a slight delay before sending the missiles down, you're basically asking for a point and click explosion power. It also allows for more timing/skill needed for effective use. 

Ex. A line of freshly spawned Grineer are running in their usual straight line towards a door. If you are new to Hydroid, you'll cast it straight at them, and maybe hit the back end of the line by the time it comes down. Later on after experiencing Hydroid, in the same exact scenario, you aim it slightly before the line, so they impact in the center of the line, and hit most of (if not all) of the group.

I think the bombardment is fine with the casting time. If it didn't have a slight delay before sending the missiles down, you're basically asking for a point and click explosion power. It also allows for more timing/skill needed for effective use. 

Ex. A line of freshly spawned Grineer are running in their usual straight line towards a door. If you are new to Hydroid, you'll cast it straight at them, and maybe hit the back end of the line by the time it comes down. Later on after experiencing Hydroid, in the same exact scenario, you aim it slightly before the line, so they impact in the center of the line, and hit most of (if not all) of the group.

I'm talking about defence/survival/ mobile defence in terms of the bombardment.

If you have a group of enemies loitering around shooting at you, you think "I'll knock them all down!". But the delay can mean that the AI eratically run around, evading missiles and escaping the range a lot of the time.

3) Needs a rework IMO. As an escape it's lackluster because your team mates can't shoot the thing that was going to kill you, and when you come back up... there it is again... If you are doing an end-game build where damage isn't the goal anymore and you're going for CC, then you've got range for Hydroid's other powers, making this much more problematic. Works great at mid levels and for leveling him where I'm using Narrow Minded, but when I'm done with Forma and stacked duration/range/efficiency I don't plan to keep it.

Actually I'm starting to see how this one works. You pool and let enemies run into you, thus gathering them all together. Then you drop your AoE as soon as you come up.

3) needs some love - percent-based damage to whoever's being drowned, disabling their auras/abilities AND muffling them, because you shouldn't be able to hear them doing their hurting noises while deep underwater with their lungs/circuits being crushed. The other shortcomings can be resolved with mods, but these issues need to be looked at by the devs directly XD