Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Bosses In Wf.

Arkuno

This thread is a discussion about current bosses, please don't move this away or it will quickly lose it's value, I am not posting a fanmade boss, or concept or w/e, this is a discussion on how DE could maybe improve bosses, or an idea on how to make any future bosses better, I guess this is a suggestion/discussion of bosses, if it still needs to be moved then so be it.

Also, English isn't my first language so typos may happen. :)

Anyway I was watching the Vay Hek's video again today showing it to a buddy of mine I'm trying to get into WF, and I realized how Vay Hek sounds and looks so menacing, he looks like this unstoppable force that the Tenno truly need to be careful about, but then you realize in game he isn't that much of a threat, infact most bosses simply don't.

Bosses literally just get insta-gibbed or the fight is just you shooting at a meat shield, that does nothing.

What made me think this way was the fact that he wants to destroy "all Tenno" but what if he faces ALL of us, I highly doubt he will be able to do anything, so theres when it hit me, what if there was a boss that required ALL/MOST Tenno to take down?

Now before I confuse some of you, lemme give you an example.

That is Dragon's Dogma's online UR Dragon, it takes an immense amount of damage from more than ONE player to take him down, when you go against him the damage you do to it is calculated with the damage done to him by other players(not in the room with you, but in the server), when the damage reaches his health threshold(<I think I used that word right :D) the UR-Dragon will die, but if a PLAYER dies, the UR-dragon will gain health. 

So if 20 players go against said boss character in WF, lets say this boss has 10,000,000 health, these 20 players must reach this amount of damage in order for him to die.

Now what makes the online UR-dragon difficult is the fact that you have 10 minutes to do this, if you the players fail to reach enough damage to kill him, he will fly away, and you will get nothing, but if the group did 10% health damage to him when you fight him again he will be missing 10% health.

Why not add this to WF? Lets have a stage(that requires a key of course) to fight this boss, this stage is literally just a boss fight, no traveling no skirmish nothing, you go to this stage and BAM boss fight begins, but lets use the same formula for the UR dragon but here? It could be like a raid boss, extremely difficult to take down and you have a time limit to do so, and it takes more than one group of 4 for him to die, and when you do kill him you can get extremely sweet loot, like above average loot with higher drop chance.

Now this is just an idea, this may not work for WF, or it could work, Bosses are bad in WF, some are fun to fight yes, but it takes no skill to take them down(imo) we need bosses that lets the player think twice before facing it, a boss that requires teamwork to take down, from not just 4 but more players.

Obviously 20 players reaching 10,000,000 damage can be pulled off with big clans and what not, but maybe DE can think of something maybe it needs 50 players etc, etc.

What do you guys think? Is this a terrible idea for WF, or do you think it could work?

If you don't like this idea what do you think DE should do about the bosses?

TL;DR DE needs to add a super boss, or make the current bosses more difficult to kill.

PS: Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes :c or some commas were misused, as I mentioned above English isn't my first lenguage.

Anyway, discuss! 

Adding massive health doesn't make a boss more difficult, it just turns it into a bullet sponge. Mechanics are what make bosses interesting or difficult. Lephantis is one of those types that has a lot going for it because it has a special boss room with different stages and attacks.

The example you are giving is like every other MMORPG out there. Their combat is based on very basic DPS calculations of tab-targetted engagements. Personally, I've never found them interesting because there is never any skill involved, just pressing number keys for your attacks/buffs/heals/etc and hoping your teammates support enough.

That's the thing, it's not just massive health, the UR-Dragon is very difficult to kill, the thing about WF bosses is that, some are hard to kill if they get started doing what they do, but they get killed so quickly it doesn't give them the chance to do anything.