The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make The Stalker Fun To Fight , Challenging And More Awesome : Give Him More Skills :d

Deidaku

The stalker right now ( and has been for a while)  weak. He can be defeated very easily once you're used to how he works ( which requires about 2 encounters). melee 2.0 hasn't added much to him...

So here's my suggestion DE , and I hope you'll like it please respond in any way :)

> The stalker has warframe powers .. and one of his own.

I say give him one more 

The old vay hek ability to create clones =  remaster it and call it "shadows clone no jutsu" 

Seriously imagine how confusing and exiting it would be >:) But hey that my opinion. 

What do you guys think? 

I disagree. I don't think Stalker is weak. I think we're strong. I remember my first Stalker encounter and it wasn't easy. This wasn't helped by the fact the friend I was playing with refused to tell me what was going on. He wasn't weak compared to me then, and it was a better experience because it was a surprise. I don't want new players to lose that experience and just get annihilated the moment he shows up because he's been rebalanced for four people like me, with phages, boltors, and pentas. I think low and mid level players should have something like that too. That's when the stalker is fun. And I think it's cool that we probably all got smoked by him once or twice but then reached a level where we can turn the tables. That's rewarding (and not RNG based rewards either!)

Honestly, I'd prefer he not send messages to your inbox and DE not sell a stalker weapon pack either. He should just come for you. Hell, if it was up to me, I'd be filtering out talk of him so he could be Hidden Fun Stuff.

But it would be cool if we had a mysterious hunter guy at our level too. Instead of further buffing Stalker, maybe it would be fun to have a Corrupted hunter, who only comes after players of, I dunno, mastery rank 8 or higher. You know, a "super stalker" who has all different abilities and maybe drops something new and cool.

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

I disagree. I don't think Stalker is weak. I think we're strong. I remember my first Stalker encounter and it wasn't easy. This wasn't helped by the fact the friend I was playing with refused to tell me what was going on. He wasn't weak compared to me then, and it was a better experience because it was a surprise. I don't want new players to lose that experience and just get annihilated the moment he shows up because he's been rebalanced for four people like me, with phages, boltors, and pentas. I think low and mid level players should have something like that too. That's when the stalker is fun. And I think it's cool that we probably all got smoked by him once or twice but then reached a level where we can turn the tables. That's rewarding (and not RNG based rewards either!)

Honestly, I'd prefer he not send messages to your inbox and DE not sell a stalker weapon pack either. He should just come for you. Hell, if it was up to me, I'd be filtering out talk of him so he could be Hidden Fun Stuff.

But it would be cool if we had a mysterious hunter guy at our level too. Instead of further buffing Stalker, maybe it would be fun to have a Corrupted hunter, who only comes after players of, I dunno, mastery rank 8 or higher. You know, a "super stalker" who has all different abilities and maybe drops something new and cool.

There should be different types of stalker. I'm still wondering why there's only one. aren't there other "pseudo tenno" like him running around?

Having only one makes him cooler. But we also have Harvester and the Grustrag Three. My group can kill Stalker before he's on his feet, but we still run around a bit to kill Harvester (when we haven't come kitted out just to fight her) and our whole gang got bolted one night in under a minute. Yeah, we've taken down the three other times, but we were all laughing pretty hard at how quickly they dispatched us. I've always thought the stalker was an Orokin holdover, which covers why his stuff is so good. He's just not gold. He no longer had the resources to maintain it at an Orokin level, but it's still closer than what the Tenno make themselves. There should be only one of him.

But we have two other factions without their own Hidden Fun Stuff. Where is the Infested miniboss? They could have a souped-up J3 Golem come after you with new abilities or, to stop all your meddling in the Void, the Neural Sentry sends some highly modified corrupted unit after you in real space (normal corrupted are sent when you open a vault, so hey... it even fits the established game).

Stalker, Harvester, G3, these two hypothetical units are all essentially different types of Stalker, but maintaining Stalker's uniqueness in lore and appearance makes him cooler. 'Corrupted Hunter' would be the upgraded Stalker you want, but look different and come under different circumstances.

Edit: Oooh. Sometimes, I'm good. You might not believe me, but hadn't seen this one before responding here. It could be something cool, or I could just be too hopeful. DEsappointment isn't exactly new to Warframe.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/211745-stalker-prime-leaked/#entry2475525

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

The first step to make him challenging is to make him less cheesy, not more.

Right now you either quickly kill him, if you have strong weapons. Or he quickly kills you, if you don't, because your abilities are useless against him. There's no challenge or skill involved, only cheese and gear checks.

The first step to make him challenging is to make him less cheesy, not more.

Right now you either quickly kill him, if you have strong weapons. Or he quickly kills you, if you don't, because your abilities are useless against him. There's no challenge or skill involved, only cheese and gear checks.

pretty much this ^ Either you one hit KO the Stalker or he does the same to you. There's no fight, it's like a wild west duel lots of intense build up then a really lame 2 second battle.