[Warframe Feedback] Hydroid

SethA007

First, I'd like to give a brief overview of what I'll be giving feedback on:

-Obtaining of Hydroid

-Obtaining of keys to fight Vay Hek

-Obtaining of components to build keys to fight Vayhek

-Obtaining components to build Hydroid

-The overall 'power factor' of Hydroid

*For those of you who say 'TL;DR', scroll to the bottom.

Obtaining of Hydroid

To obtain Hydroid, one must fight the Grineer leader known as Vay Hek. He's a somewhat difficult 'boss' to defeat, and can be rather annoying. The player must obtain Vay Hek Triangulators which can be found in the 'Keys' section of the main menu UI. The components drop one at a time, and have a 1/3 chance of dropping each piece. Now, if one were to get all three pieces in exactly three tries, they'd be pretty lucky. Since most of the player base isn't that lucky, the process of fighting Vay Hek over and over until you have all of Hydroid's components can be fairly tedious. Especially if you keep getting the helmet over and over again.

Obtaining of Keys to fight Vay Hek

To obtain the Vay Hek Triangulators, one must gather four types of beacons in varying numbers. The common ones require 12 beacons, the second must common require 8, uncommon require 4, and the rare ones require 2. Considering that one must fight Vay Hek's personal assassination station squad, this can also be rather annoying. Several missions have a chance to spawn a Prosecutor (his assassination station squad). All of these missions can be found on the planet Ceres. The enemies found on Ceres are around levels 20 to 25. That's not that bad, but if you want to be able to continuously fight Prosecutors, you would have to complete a Defense or Survival type mission. Survival can spawn them every two minutes, but you will soon be swamped by a small army of enemies and quickly run out of life support. It is much easier to run a Defense type mission, but around waves 15 to 20, enemies start to become much more difficult and come in greater numbers, however, Prosecutors spawn at a higher rate starting at wave 6.

Obtaining of components to build Keys to fight Vay Hek

To obtain the components to build the Vay Hek Triangulators, you have to gather Delta (Rare), Gamma (Uncommon), Kappa (Common), and Omega (Common) frequency beacons. These can be obtained upon a Prosecutor's defeat. However, to build one Triangulator, you require 2 Delta, 4 Gamma, 8 Kappa, and 12 Omega beacons, for a total of 26 beacons for one run. One requires 76 beacons for all three runs if they manage to acquire all three parts in just three runs. Unlikely, but possible. This itself is very tedious. The fighting of the Prosecutors is tedious, as well. This is very frustrating for players because of how much effort is required into gathering pieces of a puzzle, where the puzzle is destroyed upon completion. *Note: The Triangulator is not destroyed upon construction, but it is consumed upon use.

Obtaining of components to build Hydroid

Hydroid requires one, rather rare and hard to keep, resource in particular. Argon Crystals. Argon Crystals decay when removed from The Void within 24 hours. If you can't find two in one day, then you can't build 2/3 of Hydroid's components. This in and of itself can be frustrating if the RNG Gods and RNG-esus are not pleased with you. If the RNG Gods and RNG-esus are not pleased with your offerings, please offer them the stolen tears of young orphans. That usually works.

Hydroid's overall 'power factor'

Hydroid has been reported to be immeasurably underpowered for the amount of work required to obtain him. In fact, if you bought him, you have not a clue how much work the average player will put into gathering the parts to build him. Especially since most players do not have the platinum required to purchase Hydroid. Hydroid either needs a buff or the amount of effort required to obtain him needs to be toned down quite a bit. His 'power factor' in comparison to the effort required to get him is about 4/10, whereas Mag's 'power factor' is about 8.2/10,

For those of you who will say 'TL;DR' I have this for you:

-Hydroid's too hard to obtain

-Make him buffed to hell because the amount of work required to get a derp-frame is insanely high (he's a derp-frame in comparison to the amount of effort needed to get him)

I hope all of you see that I actually took some time and effort into giving some feedback about Hydroid, and that I was not simply giving an organized rant. I would like to help the Warframe Devs to better their game, not just complain that "Oh, this is too hard, I let's make it easier because I want it to be." Think of how many players will want this Warframe, and may not be able to hitch a ride on someone else's key because of bad internet connection between players. Think of how many players will probably just give up on acquiring this fancy new piece of armor. Please, I hope you think that I am well informed, and all of these are from first hand experience, and my own opinions and/or calculations. Thank you.

Edited by SethA007

Honestly, just make Vay Hek easier to get to. Lephantis is pretty easy to get to and still requires a grind that I don't mind. Vay Hek on the other hand is just too much work to get too him. Too much of too many beacons to obtain for one visit.

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

He's not that hard. Most if my clan mates have him being built now and also he's a good CC frame, doesn't need a buff or a nerf.

Seeing as how people do not mark the body for a Nekros to dessecrate, the drops can be incredibly slow. And he's not that hard, it just takes such a long time. I've been farming since day one of U13 and I only just got the chassis today.

Obtaining Hydroid: RNG is the problem, but there are lot of key sharers, share a key, you can run vay hek 4 times. Then there are others in recruit chat who just host vay hek, that is a free run right there. 

Obtaining keys/components for keys: RNG still is the problem, but run survival or defense and bring nekros, and problem is basically pretty well solved. Then since you are with a party, once you have a key, everyone else will have one as well. Then that will be 4 more chances to fight vay hek. 

Obtaining argon crystals: RNG still applies, but really if you run void survival or void defense, argon crystals are everywhere. I wasn't even farming for them and I have like 12 in 2 runs of survival to look for that lex prime component. Nekros is your best friend. 

Hydroid's overall power factor: maybe he is weak compared to other frames, but he is crazy fun to use. Spamming that tentacle swarm is too fun, I always burst out laughing everytime I use it. Then his undertow ability, I just use it in a hallway or at the cryopod and watch like 30 enemies just mindlessly walk in and drown slowly. TOO FUN. All that work to get him was worth it. If you don't like him, at least you got the mastery. 

realy? ive been waiting for a "quest" style mission that requires "flagging" to get into, which is exactly what it is. So your complaining that it take to long? the Update came out a day ago dude. it take way longer to "flag" for "quests" in other games yet you dont see to many people complaining about them do you. Get off your high horse, if you want something for free you have to work for it. If not then go drop $20 on it and get it the fast way.

Edited by Senketsu_

Honestly, just make Vay Hek easier to get to. Lephantis is pretty easy to get to and still requires a grind that I don't mind. Vay Hek on the other hand is just too much work to get too him. Too much of too many beacons to obtain for one visit.

Agreed.

realy? ive been waiting for a "quest" style mission that requires "flagging" to get into, which is exactly what it is. So your complaining that it take to long? the Update came out a day ago you little cry baby. it take way longer to "flag" for "quests" in other games yet you dont see to many people complaining about them do you. Get off your high horse, if you want something for free you have to work for it. If not then go drop $20 on it and get it the fast way.

I apologize if I seemed like I was complaining. I was simply giving feedback. But your thanks for the rudeness, I really appreciate it, really. Shows me that there are still people on Earth. ;) And, please, tell me how I am a cry baby. I do not cry, I cannot cry. I was born without tear ducts. Makes me seem like a sociopath, really, but alas, I am not. Also, please, read the title. It said feedback, not, "I'm going to complain like a whiny b***h now." Thank you for your comment, though. ;)

Obtaining Hydroid: RNG is the problem, but there are lot of key sharers, share a key, you can run vay hek 4 times. Then there are others in recruit chat who just host vay hek, that is a free run right there. 

Obtaining keys/components for keys: RNG still is the problem, but run survival or defense and bring nekros, and problem is basically pretty well solved. Then since you are with a party, once you have a key, everyone else will have one as well. Then that will be 4 more chances to fight vay hek. 

Obtaining argon crystals: RNG still applies, but really if you run void survival or void defense, argon crystals are everywhere. I wasn't even farming for them and I have like 12 in 2 runs of survival to look for that lex prime component. Nekros is your best friend. 

Hydroid's overall power factor: maybe he is weak compared to other frames, but he is crazy fun to use. Spamming that tentacle swarm is too fun, I always burst out laughing everytime I use it. Then his undertow ability, I just use it in a hallway or at the cryopod and watch like 30 enemies just mindlessly walk in and drown slowly. TOO FUN. All that work to get him was worth it. If you don't like him, at least you got the mastery. 

I've been using all the strategies you've listed, and it's still not enough. The process is painfully slow. And it really bugs me when people don't target things for me to desecrate even after I ask 30 times. :/ I pray to the RNG Gods every night, and sacrifice the tears of orphans and the crushed dreams of small children to them. RNG Gods aren't happy with those all the time, neither is RNG-esus. RNG-esus died for nothing, RNG Gods. :P

I like what they're doing in general, but not what they do to the difficulty of some things. Again, Hydroid may be very powerful once you obtain him, but is he so powerful that it's worth it to go and get all these resources after fighting 78 enemies, and to just fight him three times and only get the same blueprint three times in a row? I don't think so. Also, guys. I'll be camping and while I'd love to respond to your feedback about my feedback, I won't be able to for the next 15 hours after today. I'll be taking an RV to Tennessee and I live waaaay up in South Western Pennsylvania. In an RV that has a top speed of 40mph with two full tanks of liquid, it takes a while. 

I think you're underselling him pretty hard. Not only is he very fun but he's also a veritable GOD of crowd control. Between his 1,3, and 4 he can completely lock down an area. This is especially well noted because said abilities can be cast from a near infinite distance away. On top of this his 2 covers insane distances very fast. Effectively hydroid can be everywhere doing everything all at the same time. This being said I only had to run about 12 times to get h and I was rotating keys with other players for 9 of those runs.