Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Skill Alteration Suggestions

hs0003

The new water based frame Hydroid seems to be very focused around defense missions and very lacking in other game modes. In this post I'll suggest how Hydroid could shine a little more in non defense missions and shrine a little less in defense missions.
I'll try to be a brief as possible on how I think each of his four skills should be changed.

Tempest Barrage:
Change cost from 25 to 50.
Decrease the duration of the skill and reduce the area affected.
Increase AoE of each individual water bullet and allow multiple barrages to be active at the same time.

Tidal Surge:
Change cost from 50 to 25.
Reduce/remove damage from the skill.
Change the skill so it pulls enemies within range after you. (Perhaps add limit to the amount of enemies it is capable of dragging)

Undertow:
Remove the damage.
Replace damage with symptoms of drowning based on time spent in the puddle. Time required for effect depends on previous damage taken. 
Short time = Confusion/panic upon getting out.
Medium time = Loss of consciousness/long duration knockdown.
Long time = Death(no matter the level).

ps. Allow us to look around better while in puddlemode.

Tentacle Swarm:
Awesome skill, but allow us to replace it by casting it again. (Only one can be active at the same time)

Any objections or suggestions? 

Edited by hs0003

Undertow could be abused against infested with a maxed range mod or not even that if it's an instant kill

Abuseable yes, but then the question is. How long are you willing to wait for that "instant" kill? 20 seconds? 40?

I find abilities 2 and 3 a little... I don't know, I find there could be better water based abilities... I agree with what was said about tempest barrage. I always thought it would be cool to have a tidal wave ability with a water based warframe. I would like to replace tidal surge with a tidal wave ability. It could do pretty much the same thing, except the warframe would launch a tidal wave instead.

I find abilities 2 and 3 a little... I don't know, I find there could be better water based abilities... I agree with what was said about tempest barrage. I always thought it would be cool to have a tidal wave ability with a water based warframe. I would like to replace tidal surge with a tidal wave ability. It could do pretty much the same thing, except the warframe would launch a tidal wave instead.

Tidal Surge also works as mobility, making it a tidal wave would take away Hydroids only means of fast transportation.

I think it's a bit early to be suggesting alternate skills.

I've had nothing but fun with Hydroid over this weekend, and I think that waiting to see where he ends up being commonly used could have helped to influence your suggestions.

Also, the death after x seconds for the puddle would be way to strong. It's already an amazing form of CC.

I got my puddle to 68 seconds with my Narrow Minded, Continuity and Constitution on, you just have to commit to using duration.

Pretty much all his abilities are awesome with duration anyway, plus, the lower range makes your cannon fire way more reliable.

I got my puddle to 68 seconds with my Narrow Minded, Continuity and Constitution on, you just have to commit to using duration.

Pretty much all his abilities are awesome with duration anyway, plus, the lower range makes your cannon fire way more reliable.

I know his cannon fire is more reliable with prolonged duration, and I think that is a problem. He doesn't suffer in any way from narrow minded. If anything, his first and last skills turn into two insane damage dealers.

Other frames have mods that fit like a glove, like Fleeting Expertise and Nova.

Fleeting Expertise on Nova simply doesn't have any negative side effects.

Narrow minded on Hydroid has TWO positive effects.

It would be like if Molecular Prime's 2x damage scaled with shorter duration. (As in half duration gave 4x damage instead)