Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vitality, And Shields, An Idea.

LordLokai

So noticed alot of people are getting kicked in the teeth by the RNG god... its taking HOURS of grinding to even see a redirection mod for your frame. So i got to thinking and it occured to me... since these mods are both mandatory, expensive, and honestly a pain in the rear to aquire... prehaps making them as cards was a bad idea. Imagine playing any rpg ever... if your hp and mana didnt increase with your level but rather had to get them off enemies as a random drop...

Imagine playing WoW getting to first boss in dead mines with 57 hp!

Imagine playing through sky rim, and getting to a dragon with exact same hp as you started with because you didnt get a drop for health...

I could go on and on with examples... and if want a sci-fi ecample... Mass Effect happy? same basic deal! because we arent gaining life and shields as we level up, we are basically hitting situations where we dont get mods we need and end up getting thrashed because of it. I know in early worlds wasnt so bad... but now i am in ceres... starting to notice if i didnt have my shield mod i'd be in a really really bad spot!

So i propose making rank on our warframes mean something... and having shields and life progress based on both the frame, and rank of our frame making rank meaningful, and also making it so we dont feel like we got jipped on rng...as well as freeing up two slots on our frame because lets face it...redirection and vitality are not optional and forcing us to waste 2 slots on it feels kind of lame...

Just a passing thought i'd like to see what others think about it.

So noticed alot of people are getting kicked in the teeth by the RNG god... its taking HOURS of grinding to even see a redirection mod for your frame. So i got to thinking and it occured to me... since these mods are both mandatory, expensive, and honestly a pain in the rear to aquire... prehaps making them as cards was a bad idea. Imagine playing any rpg ever... if your hp and mana didnt increase with your level but rather had to get them off enemies as a random drop...

Imagine playing WoW getting to first boss in dead mines with 57 hp!

Imagine playing through sky rim, and getting to a dragon with exact same hp as you started with because you didnt get a drop for health...

I could go on and on with examples... and if want a sci-fi ecample... Mass Effect happy? same basic deal! because we arent gaining life and shields as we level up, we are basically hitting situations where we dont get mods we need and end up getting thrashed because of it. I know in early worlds wasnt so bad... but now i am in ceres... starting to notice if i didnt have my shield mod i'd be in a really really bad spot!

So i propose making rank on our warframes mean something... and having shields and life progress based on both the frame, and rank of our frame making rank meaningful, and also making it so we dont feel like we got jipped on rng...as well as freeing up two slots on our frame because lets face it...redirection and vitality are not optional and forcing us to waste 2 slots on it feels kind of lame...

Just a passing thought i'd like to see what others think about it.

This post comes a few minutes too late. Hotfix 7.6 fixed the problem. You got ninja'd by Becca

Agreed completely. We introduced passives today to help this situation. We'll see how these mandatory-thus-redundant Mods end up.

Just nerf them a little bit, or dish out new ones and make the old ones collectibles-only (as suggested by some other players), that'd be nice