Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Wipe!

Cepmosod

We all know that there's no planned wipe currently, BUT, if it does happen, would you, especially founders or people who purchased platinum, be okay with it?

Personally, I feel that players who purchased frames, weapons, any non-consumable item, should still have their items they purchased with platinum, maybe even credits. Many would argue that that defeats the purpose of the wipe, but I'm not done explaining yet. Players who purchased items would continue to have their items, but they would be reset back to 0 and mods removed. Literally brand new.

When the game is launched, new and old players can instantly buy platinum (Lets assume the currency works the same by then) and buy new or advanced frames, weapons, and upgrade them to pro right off the bat, which would give them an advantage (or as much as an advantage you can gain in a coop game). I don't find this fair, since I spent over fifty US dollars to not only support the game, but to give me a more advanced experience not only during beta but hopefully for the rest of Warframe's days. Now, I wasn't jumping into Warframe thinking that there would be no wipe, its still in it's beta ages, so I was and still am, very weary on this subject. I would just like to continue using my pro frames and weapons I purchased after the game has launched. If the wipe does happen and, like usual, wipes everything, I still will have fun and play the hell out of Warframe!

Just wanted to hear your guy's (and gal's) thoughts on this subject.

I doubt there will be a wipe with real money (platnium) involved.

If they did, they would have to credit everyone back the platnium. Else, there would a large community backlash.

I don't mind a wipe either way, as long as the people that have platnium are compensated.

Thay sad that if there will be a wipe they will refund your platinum.

Indeed, but they have also stated that its subject to change.

*edit* as in the way they wipe, refund, ect.

*edit* *edit* IF they wipe. Lol.

Edited by kedrobomb

I didn't spend any money on this game yet but I probably wouldn't play it if a wipe happened. Wouldn't want to grind to what I have now again. ALso it's pretty repetitive. They definatelly need more maps with the change of scenary and more enemy types. Also I'd to see more "defense" missions.

here will only be a wipe if there has to be one, and a rollback is more likely than a complete purge.

I'm hoping if the need arises that it will just be a rollback.

Not because I don't want to have "wasted" my money (it technically helps the devs and Warframe in the long run), but I just like being able to level my items and cutsomize them. Thats the hook for me.

We all know that there's no planned wipe currently, BUT, if it does happen, would you, especially founders or people who purchased platinum, be okay with it?

Personally, I feel that players who purchased frames, weapons, any non-consumable item, should still have their items they purchased with platinum, maybe even credits. Many would argue that that defeats the purpose of the wipe, but I'm not done explaining yet. Players who purchased items would continue to have their items, but they would be reset back to 0 and mods removed. Literally brand new.

When the game is launched, new and old players can instantly buy platinum (Lets assume the currency works the same by then) and buy new or advanced frames, weapons, and upgrade them to pro right off the bat, which would give them an advantage (or as much as an advantage you can gain in a coop game). I don't find this fair, since I spent over fifty US dollars to not only support the game, but to give me a more advanced experience not only during beta but hopefully for the rest of Warframe's days. Now, I wasn't jumping into Warframe thinking that there would be no wipe, its still in it's beta ages, so I was and still am, very weary on this subject. I would just like to continue using my pro frames and weapons I purchased after the game has launched. If the wipe does happen and, like usual, wipes everything, I still will have fun and play the hell out of Warframe!

Just wanted to hear your guy's (and gal's) thoughts on this subject.

We will be compensated for all of our Platinum spent, to the full and exact ammount.

Personaly I welcome a wipe. I'm here for the experience as a Beta Tester and to be a part of something more than myself.

Beta-is-Beta, and I know anything I'm doing right now isn't permanent.

Well except for my feedback and possibly the head-ache I see of people complaining about a game that's in BETA.

But that is besides the point~!

Back on topic, Platinums will be refunded if a Wipe occurs. If something is removed from the Cash shop that you have purchased your Platinum will be refunded.

If you Sneezed while reading this, I'm hoping you covered your mouth and nose. Don't wana see all that spit and snot all over your monitor.. Ew..

I was reluctant at first with the founders project, because I thought the Platinum would be gone when the game is released.

But hearing that you will get a refund of all you've spent really makes me reconsider this.

Edited by Appajak