Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primes: Possible Changes

radthezero

So... It has been quite a while since I've posted around here, and for the last few weeks (since Rhino Prime, specifically), I've been seeing a good number of people asking for the Primes to be revisited, since Bling Rhino became such a beast with the speed buff.

Picking the lore up, the Warframes that we have in general are degraded versions of their Orokin era counterparts. So the Primes are supposed to be better than the everyday frames most of us own. Ingame, that's usually represented by additional polarities or alternate polarities in comparison to the more common frames. Some of us (me included) might think this is not quite enough, specially after Rhino Prime... 

That said, before we go for actual numbers, I do have a few suggestions about how we could actually make the Primes a little better. The good thing about the game as a whole lately is that it's getting broader. Damage 2.0 introduced the new damage and protection types, and I do think the game got quite neat after the revamp. Which is why there's exactly where I'm gunning.

First, our defenses are made by the following: Shield, Alloy Armor and Flesh.

Since our usual frames are degraded versions to some degree, I think it would be only logical if their original counterparts could access some form of higher protection. So I would trade our usual Shield for Proto Shield for the Primes. It's considerably more resilient to damage, and while not too far from Shield, the difference in the absorption of some kinds of damage definitely would come in handy. Alloy Armor is already better than Ferrite (in my opinion), and Tenno having anything other than Flesh would be strange, so that one can stay, too.

Second, with the new Melee 2.0, the overall importance of stamina has been elevated to great degrees. Most of the frames (barring Hydroid and Valkyr) has around 80 stamina. I guess a 150 overall on the Primes could work well to show how they can mantain physical prowess and overall fighting ability longer. For that matter, stamina recharge would need a significant buff to keep with the extra. Some of the new stances deplete stamina very quickly - this could be done about the primes to brake that a little. It would make them more combat ready.

Third and probably last, would be the actual frame-specific changes - the ones that ablate to the core gameplay, either potentializing strenghts or covering flaws, I won't dwell over that here, people have done that with better ideas than mine, anyway.

So those are my 2 cents about Prime scalling. Hope that will be useful. If you read that, thanks for your time. :D