The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Orokin Labyrinth: Epic End Game, Endless Dungeon And Bosses.

Calayne

Haha, I don't actually use 4 all that much! I prefer the bang bang and the schwing schwing ;)  It's only when things get very hard where I start popping powers, but I just find guns more convenient most times! 

It was sort of a shame that the lighting's changed so much, though! I believe Warframe has gotten a lot brighter since then, though I still absolutely adore the work DE's put into the levels! It just isn't as... desperate as it once felt. Yeah, Dark Sectors being really dark would be cool! I'd definitely want to do that on Earth. ^^  Would be terrifying!

I either use only powers and no weapons, or only melee, or only guns. There is no in between, (and it depends on the other players obviously but you know) 

Other than that yeah the older lighting system really needs to come back, as well as maybe a revamp of the sound system in infested maps so you get the occasional infested scream off in the distance, general slimy movement sounds. things that make the map feel like its living and you're constantly being watched

Seems to me to be a bit more visceral than currently! Something very... desperate about it. I know I've said that before, but at the risk of sounding utterly uninspired, that's what I really think. I kinda miss the old days!

Seems to me to be a bit more visceral than currently! Something very... desperate about it. I know I've said that before, but at the risk of sounding utterly uninspired, that's what I really think. I kinda miss the old days!

Yeah that lighting would be awesome for dark sectors and stuff like that, Eris. 

For your dungeon though I'm thinking absolute pitch blackness, lit only by our frame lights, our sentinels, our flashlights, and our powers

Yeah that lighting would be awesome for dark sectors and stuff like that, Eris. 

For your dungeon though I'm thinking absolute pitch blackness, lit only by our frame lights, our sentinels, our flashlights, and our powers

Haha, that's also what I had in mind! Sure would add to the creepy factor, plus it'll make it more exciting! If the graphics can handle it, it'd be nice to see some glinting of Orokin gold in the pitch black darkness further down, and maybe some energy colour of your enemies, too. I am a total sucker for atmospheric stuff.

Haha, that's also what I had in mind! Sure would add to the creepy factor, plus it'll make it more exciting! If the graphics can handle it, it'd be nice to see some glinting of Orokin gold in the pitch black darkness further down, and maybe some energy colour of your enemies, too. I am a total sucker for atmospheric stuff.

I really hope that DE does something very very similar, if not this outright (though they don't usually exactly copy) with the game

I really hope that DE does something very very similar, if not this outright (though they don't usually exactly copy) with the game

Haha, there are times where I wish they'd take community ideas wholesale, and then there are times I remember they have an overall view of where they want to go. And overall, though things don't always turn out the way the community wants them to, Warframe has still grown in leaps and bounds. It's a gorgeous game. If life had more time for me to do things, I'd probably play more of it over other games. The community aspect of it is pretty attractive, no? ^^

Haha, there are times where I wish they'd take community ideas wholesale, and then there are times I remember they have an overall view of where they want to go. And overall, though things don't always turn out the way the community wants them to, Warframe has still grown in leaps and bounds. It's a gorgeous game. If life had more time for me to do things, I'd probably play more of it over other games. The community aspect of it is pretty attractive, no? ^^

It really is amazing, though I wish they'd make some leaps and bounds in the story section of it

It really is amazing, though I wish they'd make some leaps and bounds in the story section of it

I like story, but I can live without it ;)  A vocal narrative isn't entirely necessary if the world can speak. If Darksouls is any indication, the unspoken narrative is more powerful.

I like story, but I can live without it ;)  A vocal narrative isn't entirely necessary if the world can speak. If Darksouls is any indication, the unspoken narrative is more powerful.

I love dark souls, but what i mean is dark souls has item descriptions that give you the story, or character dialogue. Items in warframe are about as helpful to lore as a rock. It'd be cool if guns, like the Karak for example said 'A grineer assault rifle originally prototype'd in (insert name here) labs on Earth, was widely used during (insert name) rebellion in which the current Queens took control

I love dark souls, but what i mean is dark souls has item descriptions that give you the story, or character dialogue. Items in warframe are about as helpful to lore as a rock. It'd be cool if guns, like the Karak for example said 'A grineer assault rifle originally prototype'd in (insert name here) labs on Earth, was widely used during (insert name) rebellion in which the current Queens took control

Haha, yes; Darksouls' world is very well designed, and very thoughtfully made. In every little detail, there are hints of past and present events; Things long forgotten, and things which colour the world a little less grey. It's a gorgeous thing, their writing. But I think Warframe, to me, is less on Lore (for now), and more on action. At this point, it's hard to expect DE to come up with a very convincing world to live in; That takes what I think would be months to years, and a lot of inspiration. 

The events are... alright. It does show us more about how the factions interact with one another and those among themselves, but it does little to explain the setting. History, as I'm sure you know, is what defines us, in a sense; Our culture, our beliefs, our social institutions. In that, Warframe is very lacking, and without a proper set up, it'll be hard (And confusing) to progress. Perhaps, in the future, it might be that DE decides to retcon certain parts of the story/lore/events to fit it into a proper narrative.

So, until then, I'm fine with the ambiguity and the lack of story. Lore simply cannot be rushed; It's a work of art, not just in its writing, but its execution. 

Haha, yes; Darksouls' world is very well designed, and very thoughtfully made. In every little detail, there are hints of past and present events; Things long forgotten, and things which colour the world a little less grey. It's a gorgeous thing, their writing. But I think Warframe, to me, is less on Lore (for now), and more on action. At this point, it's hard to expect DE to come up with a very convincing world to live in; That takes what I think would be months to years, and a lot of inspiration. 

The events are... alright. It does show us more about how the factions interact with one another and those among themselves, but it does little to explain the setting. History, as I'm sure you know, is what defines us, in a sense; Our culture, our beliefs, our social institutions. In that, Warframe is very lacking, and without a proper set up, it'll be hard (And confusing) to progress. Perhaps, in the future, it might be that DE decides to retcon certain parts of the story/lore/events to fit it into a proper narrative.

So, until then, I'm fine with the ambiguity and the lack of story. Lore simply cannot be rushed; It's a work of art, not just in its writing, but its execution. 

im definitely not saying that it should be rushed, i'm fine with it being more action based, just at some point i'd like some dedicated story, it'd be awesome if it was through item descriptions like i said. They should definitely spend time on their lore, i just want some story at some point

The only thing about this that bothers me is stupid, but: It's suffix, not prefix. Braton Regalia blah blah, the Regalia is a suffix. if it were Regalia Braton, it would be a prefix. Other than that, I don't think I have any issues, although I'd suggest making it so that once you beat the Emperor, you can still do the endless/nightmare modes, but if you want to fight him again to change your Regalia, you need to start over at the halfway point or something, to make it challenging.

Barely had time to read the original post, let alone the replies, so sorry if I'm repeating something already said. But woowee this could be a game in itself man. This is rather larger scale for warframe and seems to deviate a bit from the games theme, however it sound like insane fun. Would there be larger squads like Trials? Or the regular 4 member cap? The 150+ levels would also be a true test to power and seems like it would seriously limit the Warframes that people would choose to go into it unfortunately.

im definitely not saying that it should be rushed, i'm fine with it being more action based, just at some point i'd like some dedicated story, it'd be awesome if it was through item descriptions like i said. They should definitely spend time on their lore, i just want some story at some point

Haha, definitely so. I think they most certainly need more story in Warframe. The Warframe Universe is a vast, vast reservoir of potential, and I think it'd be a waste not to tap into it. Like in the example of weapons you pointed out, where do these weapons come from? Who made them? Anything interesting about the makers, or the quality of the weapons? I think even small things like that make the world a little more alive than it would be. Just knowing more about the world, and not necessarily the story, is good enough for me.

The only thing about this that bothers me is stupid, but: It's suffix, not prefix. Braton Regalia blah blah, the Regalia is a suffix. if it were Regalia Braton, it would be a prefix. Other than that, I don't think I have any issues, although I'd suggest making it so that once you beat the Emperor, you can still do the endless/nightmare modes, but if you want to fight him again to change your Regalia, you need to start over at the halfway point or something, to make it challenging.

Oops, yes, good catch. It's not a prefix, silly me, it really is just a suffix. I think I must've been rather wool-headed at the time of writing. Thanks! :) 

Hmm, starting anywhere other than the last stage makes programming a little harder, though. How would the computer know? Seems like a whole lot of effort on the part of the players and coders, and complicates things, when you can make it as simple as redoing the boss, which should be the hardest part of the Towers. And these bosses needs to be beat in succession, there's not really any break in between them, sort of similar to the raids we're doing now. So it should be pretty hard stuff.

Barely had time to read the original post, let alone the replies, so sorry if I'm repeating something already said. But woowee this could be a game in itself man. This is rather larger scale for warframe and seems to deviate a bit from the games theme, however it sound like insane fun. Would there be larger squads like Trials? Or the regular 4 member cap? The 150+ levels would also be a true test to power and seems like it would seriously limit the Warframes that people would choose to go into it unfortunately.

No worries, there's a lot to read, it's quite a beefy wall of text. Also, thanks! I'm not too sure about 8-man squads, but at the time of writing, it was definitely meant for 4 people, which is to say, it's for small groups so it's easier to get a bunch of guys to join you and hop into a quick game which gets progressively harder. Perhaps at the boss level, it can be possible to make it an 8-man raid, which basically makes it another mode apart from the 4-man one, with appropriately balanced bosses. The levels of the enemies are arbitrary, though, so it could be anything that DE decides it should be, if it ever gets implemented. I don't think it'll limit the Warframe choices, either, if the raids are anything to go by. You can do it with any combination, and as long as you have the strategy to pull it, it's alright.

• 2 months later...

This is a very nice sounding topic. It kinda reminds me of Tower of God or Danmachi in the tower climb aspect. I think it would be cool if each of the floors had a different challenge, like one floor is pure combat, another is a parkour course, and another is a stealth floor filled with those "anti-Tenno units". Though, I think the minibosses should be every 5 floors and at least some what unique, like an orokin guardian drone or a praetorian guard. All in all, endgame tower climb sounds awesome and i would like to see it.

• 1 month later...

This is what endgame should be. Instead of getting into a single mission and going until you can't kill stuff anymore (or they one shot you), it should be a series of missions that you can rejoin if you flunk out, and not meant to be completed in a day, hell, even a week. It should be a progression thing you could start at Mastery 5, and only truly beat around Mastery 18 or so.

In the Warframe world, maybe we shouldn't be killing an emperor, or be in such a grandiose place, but the labyrinth concept and scaling enemies give a new freshness to endgame, as opposed to perma-CC, pressing buttons, shoot bad guy, GG. 

Very new, fresh idea, I love it! All my +1!

Actually that could work as something to "review" OUR memories, like special unlocks [be it key or no key] that for sure would be something in terms of lore.

Imagine that you play mission [solo or with squad] and you find specific room with some orokin device that allows to read long lost memories, that perhaps would unlock one-time mission run that with more progress and unlocked devices, would evolve into endless labirynth...

I really Love the raw idea of the OP, typicaly to tenno i gave out my small "what if" to this.

again, love this and hope it will get to Dev attention.

I like this concept. Has lots 'o lore. And no RNG is always nice.

Also, this maze would be around 8,000,000,000 ly away. Even if it only looks like a pixel from Earth, that's hundreds/?thousands? of times larger than the Andromeda galaxy (although I'm not some super genius, I could be wrong)

• 2 months later...