Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best "warframe"

xJayJay103x

Question

13 answers to this question

My warframe history = 1) Excalibur ( starter ) a lot of fun and used to farm with a group in the old Xini runs

2) Rhino ( first crafted ) useful if you want to farm bosses alone or not ( Iron skin is the only thing that is worth to max right now )

3) Frost ( second crafted ) another tanky utility warframe ( more than Rhino when you talk about group protection ) the only skill that isnt so "worth it" is his second one wich does low damage.

The best warframe is the one who fits "the role" wich you want to have fun with in my personal opinion, mine is Excalibur ^ò^

Edited by fatalis92

Excalibur - Is essentially crap later on. From early-mid, slashdash is a useful skill.

Volt - Okay-ish. Not really all that powerful

Loki - Probably the most useful warframe yet, tied for first place alongside Saryn

Saryn - The birthchild of Rhino, Loki and Ember. Possesses all their strengths.

Ash - Useful for melee combat and stealth, but, not much else.

Banshee - Heavy on stealth. Powerful, but not really unique in any way.

Ember - Useful against infested. Somewhat weak most of the time.

Frost - The offensive tank. Has heavy armour but the skills are dedicated to offensive purposes

Rhino - The 'True' tank. Heavy armour and actual tank skills. Some decent AOE, too, but nothing too fancy.

Trinity - The Mage Tank. A tank by using powers. Can hold her 'tank' mode almost indefinitely in any situation. 1v1 champion. However, not as useful elsewhere.

Mag - It's okay. Useful AOE/sweeper/bossmagnet.

Nyx - The mob survivalist champion. CHAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOS.

My personal tops?

Saryn - Tank/Decoy/Sweeper

Trinity - 1v1 Bosser

Nyx - Chaos. What else does Nyx need?

Loki - Ranged decoy. (I don't have a Loki, though)

Edited by FlameLaevateinn

I have an Ash, Excalibur, and a Rhino.

Excalibur is my favorite so far and, in my opinion, very utilitarian. There's nothing it can't do. It's a good sniper frame because of Super Jump and Radial Blind, allowing it to reach good firing positions and escape and evade when necessary, and it's a good direct damage unit with Radial Javelin. Slash Dash has more uses than simple damage. It actually makes a decent form of rapid travel and can be used to move from point A to point B rapidly.

Anyone who says Super Jump is useless isn't using it right.

Depends on what you're looking for. Off the top of my head, I'll categorize the frames released in the most flame-baitey borderline tier list there is from my mind:

Survivability

Saryn (Contagion - glitches are cool)

**Nyx (Absorb, Chaos - during solos)

Rhino (Iron Skin)

Trinity (Link)

Frost (Snow Globe)

Loki (Invis/Decoy)

Volt (Electric Shield)

Utility

Trinity (Energy Vampire, Well of Life, Blessing)

Loki (Decoy/Radial Disarm/Switch Teleport)

Frost (Freeze, Snow Globe, Avalanche)

Volt (Electric Shield, Overload, Shock - electric stuns, protect teammates from bullets)

Saryn (*Molt - if used well)

Mag (Pull, Crush, Shield Polarize, Bullet Attractor - potential for all skills if used well, esp. with cooperation amongst teammates)

Nyx (Chaos, Mind Control, Absorb (kind of))

Excalibur (Radial Blind, Slash Dash, Super Jump - stun, travel + damage, vertical travel)

Rhino (Rhino Stomp)

Ash (Smokescreen, Teleport - Stun and solo utility, respectively)

**Volt (Speed, Electric Shield - during solo, if not one else uses the shield)

Damages (assume single target, deeps & burst damage)

Banshee (Sonar)

Excalibur (Radial Javelin, Slash Dash)

Ash (Blade Storm, Shuriken, Smokescreen)

Loki (Invis - limited to Melee)

Ember (Fire Blast, Fireball - Blast doesn't benefit from Focus, WoF is S#&$, Fireball doesn't deal enough)

Damages AoE

Banshee (Sound Quake - U6 Lv2 Ult range potential)

**Nyx (Chaos - Only if there is a fairly sizeable mob around to hurt eachother, otherwise she is null. Not counting Psychic Bolts

Saryn (Miasma - tied with Mag/Frost; faster activation, similar damage all around)

Mag (Crush - tied with Saryn & Frost)

Frost (Avalanche - tied with Saryn & Mag)

Volt (Overload - elemental damage reduction)

Rhino (Radial Blast - shorter AoE)

Ember (Fire Blast)

I think I'm done.

Edited by WupwupTCR

Nyx Psychic Bolts ain't bad as single target damage, you get ~750 dmg from all 5 bolts (Each dealing 150 dmg) and is only 50 energy so you should be able to cast it several times (PS: you can guide the bolts to hit a specific target by zooming after launching them).

Absorb can be used solo as well vs bosses.

Ofc that doesn't make Nyx a top tier dmg dealer in solo situations, but is not bottom either.

Nyx Psychic Bolts ain't bad as single target damage, you get ~750 dmg from all 5 bolts (Each dealing 150 dmg) and is only 50 energy so you should be able to cast it several times (PS: you can guide the bolts to hit a specific target by zooming after launching them).

Absorb can be used solo as well vs bosses.

Ofc that doesn't make Nyx a top tier dmg dealer in solo situations, but is not bottom either.

I'm going to assume this is directed towards my awful list.

I was under the impression that the Psychic Bolts cannot multi-target; one dagger to one enemy. Unless this was changed and I didn't see it in action, along those line. I just remember in U6 having a discussion about frames in need of a rework and her Bolts came up somewhere, so my mistake if she really can do damage herself now. I'll edit the list if need be and rearrange her to suit... whatever she suits if this is the case.

My warframe history = 1) Excalibur ( starter ) a lot of fun and used to farm with a group in the old Xini runs

2) Rhino ( first crafted ) useful if you want to farm bosses alone or not ( Iron skin is the only thing that is worth to max right now )

3) Frost ( second crafted ) another tanky utility warframe ( more than Rhino when you talk about group protection ) the only skill that isnt so "worth it" is his second one wich does low damage.

The best warframe is the one who fits "the role" wich you want to have fun with in my personal opinion, mine is Excalibur ^ò^

^^This

There is no best warframe. It depends on the player, the playing style, used weapons and mods.

I'm going to assume this is directed towards my awful list.

I was under the impression that the Psychic Bolts cannot multi-target; one dagger to one enemy. Unless this was changed and I didn't see it in action, along those line. I just remember in U6 having a discussion about frames in need of a rework and her Bolts came up somewhere, so my mistake if she really can do damage herself now. I'll edit the list if need be and rearrange her to suit... whatever she suits if this is the case.

Well the bolts seek nearby targets. If you just press the skill, they will scatter around and hit whatever nearby targets are, however if you zoom after releasing them, you can focus them to hit all 1 target (psychic bolts, so you control them with your mind, sort of ^^). Is not a great AoE skill (since max targets will be 5 at max rank in this case, and dmg per bolt remains 150) but for single target damage sure it packs a punch. It's a well rounded skill to complement Nyx powers.