The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Or Dread

RespectTheInternet

Question

Paris Prime>Dread>Paris>that other dumb bow

I keep my Dread and Paris Prime. Haven't potatoed either yet, not sure if either is worth it because running out of sniper ammo is an issue in high levels whereas running out of rifle ammo for a Latron Prime is not. Dread is great for infested, Paris Prime is great for Grineer and Void. The crit chance difference doesn't matter, and the Puncture damage in PP is great. If I was going to use one it would be Paris Prime.

So the overall vibe is that 90% of the time I'm fine with dread. But If I really want to eke out that extra bit for the Super deep late game, I'm gonna want Paris' puncture damage.

Which is not including elements, because we can put that on either one anyways.

Honestly, for most play at higher levels, it's really not going to matter at all. If you want to completely min-max, yes, there's going to be situations where one is better than the other. Otherwise, just use whichever one you prefer.

Except the Cernos. The Cernos is garbage.

To the late game argument --

I think it needs to be clarified. Smart end game players, when fighting against Grineer will use corrosive projection.

Late game, to me, means a coordinated run based on going for as high of level of difficulty as possible until failure (in this game you go till failure unless you meet the level cap). Where all 4 players are coordinating what frames to use, they should also consider aura. Against Grineer only, you want to bring corrosive projection because it makes their armor 0% and as stated before (based on tests) it makes them flesh. Why would someone, who wants to go to the highest possible, hinder themselves with their enemies having armor? Sounds like a not-smart end game player. For everything else energy siphon is the best. Warframe abilities > weapons. Weapon auras are good, they just aren't up to par with the other 2 (Siphon and corrosive).

Don't speak for a "majority of end game players" when one of the most accomplished end game players (Shibboleet) is trying to give you guys tips to help your game-play.

"Late game" to most people is just going to be Void and ODD. Maybe high level survivals for a few minutes. It's not multi-hour Grineer survivals with level counts going into the thousands.

Yes, if you want to min-max specifically for Grineer, you'd use Corrosive Projection. The vast majority of players are going to be more than content with Energy Siphon or whatever else they're using.

Edited by Vargras

Dread, headshot LV30 grineer for 29k without formas (and without split chamber), the Paris doesn't even come close.

You can save some points by using a rank 4 Point Strike, which is enough to bring the Dread's crit rate to 100%.

Some of us are too lazy to have two different Point Strike mods =P

Edited by Fate_6

Guest Shibboleet

Honestly, for most play at higher levels, it's really not going to matter at all. If you want to completely min-max, yes, there's going to be situations where one is better than the other. Otherwise, just use whichever one you prefer.

Except the Cernos. The Cernos is garbage.

"Late game" to most people is just going to be Void and ODD. Maybe high level survivals for a few minutes. It's not multi-hour Grineer survivals with level counts going into the thousands.

Yes, if you want to min-max specifically for Grineer, you'd use Corrosive Projection. The vast majority of players are going to be more than content with Energy Siphon or whatever else they're using.

+1 on Cernos being garbage.

When min/maxing in an organized team, then yes, the Dread will always come out top.

Late game can't be defined with a blanket statement like void/ODD. This is why I use the more commonly seen term End Game for endless to a certain level as I hardly see anyone use the term 'late game', which is why I gave a recommendation for casual vs end game vs late game.

Grineer and Void you'd use Corrosive Projection when min/maxing.