Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Or Dread

RespectTheInternet

Question

Guest Shibboleet

Dread hands down as it is mostly slash damage. Most enemies are weak to said Slash damage. And Slash proc is much better than the other 3 elements.

If you're talking about the regular Paris, definitely the Dread. Use a crit build for max damage.

If you're talking about the Paris Prime, it personal preference. Dread cuts off limbs and doesn't tend to keep the body flying while the Paris Prime sends the body flying to knockdown/damage enemies behind the initial enemy.

Cheers

Dread for sure. Unless you're talking about the Paris Prime, in which case it's a bit more iffy (Paris Prime is more effective against heavily-armored enemies and fires slightly more rapidly, but projectile speed is noticeably lower). Keep in mind that the weapon that's more effective is the weapon that you're more likely to hit your target with. If you're like me and you suck at leading shots against moving targets, go Dread for sure.

Whatever you pick, just make sure to get a critical build on there. Paris Prime and Dread can both have 100% critical rates with only Point Strike.

Edited by SortaRandom

Guest Shibboleet

To rephrase what I said in post #3:

If you are playing casually, either works.

If you are planing on ever playing in late/end game, the Dread.

Why?
The dread is great on everything because of corrosive projection aura making Grineer flesh.

The paris prime is only better on lower armored Grineer when not utilizing corrosive projection.

Edited by Shibboleet

Why?

The dread is great on everything because of corrosive projection aura making Grineer flesh.

The paris is only better on lower armored Grineer when not utilizing corrosive projection.

1. No one uses Corrosive Projection, because even after the aura rework, people only ever use one of four auras. Steel Charge, Rifle Amp, Rejuvenation, and Energy Siphon.

2. Corrosive Projection doesn't magically turn armored Grineer from being considered armored to flesh. It just reduces it. Paris/Paris Prime would still be better.

Guest Shibboleet

1. No one uses Corrosive Projection, because even after the aura rework, people only ever use one of four auras. Steel Charge, Rifle Amp, Rejuvenation, and Energy Siphon.

2. Corrosive Projection doesn't magically turn armored Grineer from being considered armored to flesh. It just reduces it. Paris/Paris Prime would still be better.

1. Late game players do, which is why I gave the option.

2. When I mentioned Late Game, it is assumed that  all 4 players would use CP, as it does turn them into flesh.

1. Late game players do, which is why I gave the option.

2. When I mentioned Late Game, it is assumed that  all 4 players would use CP, as it does turn them into flesh.

So late game players use an aura that only works against a select few enemies, rather than an aura that has universal use against all enemy types?

Not buying it.