Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Vauban And Alerts

(PSN)Pyro117

Okay, so the only way to get Vauban is to be patient.  Install apps to monitor alerts for you.

Except I have a iPhone - no apps.  (It is also a work phone, so I can't just install anything on it)

I have been waiting for a Vauban systems alert to come along when I am awake (since I have to work) and not a work.  I have been waiting for over a month.  

Honestly, I am getting impatient and it is starting to ruin the gaming experience for me.  I feel like I am being punished for having a job and trying to sleep at night.  

So my question is DE - is Vauban going to always be Alert only?  Why can't we make him in the Tenno Lab like Volt, Zephyr or Banshee?

Edited by (PS4)Pyro117

1st of all while it would be nice if he were in the lab it would take away one more thing to grind for. 2nd of all his system was in an alert this morning and they have an active RSS feed which you could feasibly install on your work phone calling it work related and monster alerts that way.

1st of all while it would be nice if he were in the lab it would take away one more thing to grind for. 2nd of all his system was in an alert this morning and they have an active RSS feed which you could feasibly install on your work phone calling it work related and monster alerts that way.

Morning as in what time?  It was around 2:30 or 3:30 am my time (if I am calculating the time difference correctly).  Not exactly when i could check a RSS feed. 

So please tell me how I can setup my phone (seriously, I hate the iPhone but I have to use it) to alert me at 2:30 or 3:30 (and hopefully it will take me up) so I can get this last piece.  Please, I really want the Vauban warframe.  I have forma waiting to be used on it...

Oh and this is just my opinion, but this isn't grinding.  Grinding would allow me to re-run missions at any time I could get on Warframe to get the blueprint to drop.  This is just waiting....

Edited by (PS4)Pyro117

Okay, so the only way to get Vauban is to be patient.  Install apps to monitor alerts for you.

Except I have a iPhone - no apps.  (It is also a work phone, so I can't just install anything on it)

I have been waiting for a Vauban systems alert to come along when I am awake (since I have to work) and not a work.  I have been waiting for over a month.  

Honestly, I am getting impatient and it is starting to ruin the gaming experience for me.  I feel like I am being punished for having a job and trying to sleep at night.  

So my question is DE - is Vauban going to always be Alert only?  Why can't we make him in the Tenno Lab like Volt, Zephyr or Banshee?

Pretty sure there is a twitter app for iPhone.

https://twitter.com/WFAlertsPS4

Camp alerts or buy it with plats, like everyone else.

Edited by (PS4)RocketPunch1221

Pretty sure there is a twitter app for iPhone.

https://twitter.com/WFAlertsPS4

Camp alerts or buy it with plats, like everyone else.

not allowed to install a twitter app on a company paid work phone.

I use google chrome and manually check it.  I do camp on the alerts but that doesn't help me when the alert is at 2:30 am my time - now does it.

I feel ya OP. Vauban systems is also the only piece I need to craft him too. I don't really care for social networking, yet I created a twitter account just for the Warframe alerts. Sad, I know. And yes, his system piece has been on alert 3 times in the past month and a half, maybe 2 months, yet it has been at 4 something in the morning, 5:30 in the morning and then this morning at 1:30, all EST, all weekdays. My work schedule is wednesday through saturday, and of course, wednesdays seem to be the day he drops most commonly. Nothing worse than waking up and checking your twitter alerts to find that the piece you've been waiting for went on alert at a time when most people in america are asleep. Chalk it up to the very cruel RNG Gods... heck even one morning that piece went on alert twice, only an hour or two apart, and guess what? Yep, overnight. Sure, you could buy him for 300 plat as others have suggested, but why spend that much plat when you've already got his BP, helmet, and chassis? Only other option I see is if in the extremely rare chance you have a good friend that you trust with your PSN login info (not reccommended) in a different time zone login as you when that alert pops up. All that being said, it will be that much sweeter when you finally get that alert when you are awake... 

as someone who just got all the parts recently, I think they should change it to a random drop from any alert. 5% chance to get a part to drop sounds fair, this means every 20 alerts you run on average you will get a random part. there is almost always an alert up so it can be farmed though it's still difficult enough to warrant buying with platinum. 

they can keep the current system as well, meaning you can do an alert for a vaubon part with a guarantee of getting it.

Warframe Alerts is an amazing iPhone app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warframe-alerts/id775981113?mt=8

You can customize push notifications to your liking, making it to where it will only notify you of Vauban's parts if you like.

Though, you did say you can't install anything on your work phone... but really, would your boss honestly care if you just installed ONE app?

EDIT:

And I just gotta point out, when I finally built Vauban... he just wasn't worth it, sort of.

I think, at least. He definitely would have been worth the trouble had I been able to acquire him in some other way.

But eh, it is what it is.

Not to say he's a bad frame, but I dunno.

Edited by (PS4)GoreProducer

Warframe Alerts is an amazing iPhone app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warframe-alerts/id775981113?mt=8

You can customize push notifications to your liking, making it to where it will only notify you of Vauban's parts if you like.

Though, you did say you can't install anything on your work phone... but really, would your boss honestly care if you just installed ONE app?

EDIT:

And I just gotta point out, when I finally built Vauban... he just wasn't worth it, sort of.

I think, at least. He definitely would have been worth the trouble had I been able to acquire him in some other way.

But eh, it is what it is.

Not to say he's a bad frame, but I dunno.

Thanks for the app suggestion - checking it out now.

Also, for my style of play I think Vauban will be my perfect fit.  Then again, he might not be but at least I will finally have him as an option. 

Wait... so you didn't know there were Warframe apps available on your iphone? 

I only have the iPhone because that is what my company provided.  I am not a fan of the iPhone and the standard alerts apps on Android do not have an iOS version. 

And since this is a work phone - I can't exactly just install anything to it.  I didn't install the app mentioned because of it being a work phone.  The app isn't exactly on my company's approved list.

This has been almost impossible for me as well; I attend school until 2:20, arrive home around 2:45, and leave for my job around 3:40.  I arrive home a little after 10, and I have to get to sleep shortly afterwards to wake up at 5 for school.  This leaves a very small window for me to play, and the weekends are really the only time I can play unless I'm not scheduled for a day at work.  THEY NEED TO AT LEAST MAKE THE ALERTS MORE LIKELY TO OCCUR ON WEEKENDS if they're not going to change the warframe from alert only.  That way people who have limited time can also grind for it.

• 1 month later...

Yea i Also need the systems. and been waiting hopelessly for it i could buy it with plat but its not worth it i have the bp helmet and chassis already i really hope that they would update warframe the ps4 version more because in pc their constantly updating pc. last week on saturday and sunday they had an alert where they can get up to 200000 credits and i think to my self why is it that they dont do that to ps4. they shoukd be fair about if they brought this game to ps4 its so it can be fair and stay the same update as pc people in ps4 some are paying custommers i have spend over 80 dollars on the game and many people have spend over 150 so we should deserve the same respect as pc. WE ARE ALSO PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!