Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno And Solar System Were Not Ready For Dark Sectors

Zarlockk

I hope you will understand what i mean and dont rush with comments please.

Dark Sector is interesting area with various bonuses and exclusive mod drops. We could use them to level up equipment faster and getting those exclusive drops. But do we even play those missions? No because every Alliance and Clan contests nodes as soon as they can. What i mean is that people actually taking away this advantages no stop. And we can approximate number of clans in the community and we realise that we will never have chance to play in Dark Sectors because there will be someone who wants to prove themselves or think they are powerful enough. I dont know how about others but i want to play in those dark sector areas and not look and constantly in contesting mode Dark Sector nodes.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Zarlockk

It takes 24 hours to deploy a new node, so there is always a 24h window between contesting battles. I agree that the window is a bit narrow, especially compared to how long the conesting takes, but it's just not true that we never get a chance to play Dark Sector missions.

It takes 24 hours to deploy a new node, so there is always a 24h window between contesting battles. I agree that the window is a bit narrow, especially compared to how long the conesting takes, but it's just not true that we never get a chance to play Dark Sector missions.

24 hours - 8 for work and -8 for sleep so your left with 8 to play the game if you have nothing else to do. maybe more depending if its your off day or not but minimum of 8ish hours so no an 8ish hour window isnt enough time especially when the nods take 15-30 minutes each unless you only play for 5 then leave which defeats the purpose of the nodes

Edited by KibaWesker

the state of dark sectors is pathetic right now, it should be at least the opposite 48 to play and 24 for conflicts, also, clans and alliances are just competing because they can and to see whose sword is longer (if u catch what i mean) because the only profit to get is taxes and taxes go to the vault and u can't take that from the vault, so, there is NONE profit, the only real reward is to play the sectors without paying taxes but many sectors are already 0 tax if all sectos were 0 tax then there would be absolutely no reason to contest them and it would no matter who owns them, but people will always want to measure their swords to see whose is longer and thicker, i my opinion DE is not really thinking things through lately, as many other features of the game and frames abilities, it looks good on paper, but fails in the practice, clans and alliances are just wasting their money on solar rails and battle payment and they have not realized yet that there is NOTHING to gain from it, actually if no sector was ever challenged again and all of them were 0 tax (which is a completely viable option sadly) we all would have dark sectors EVERY day, i thought rails would need daily maintenance, to root out 0 tax rails, but they don't seem to require maintenance, the system is IN FACT completely flawed.

Hey guys you can spend a lot of credits and resources on this! and the reward is a lot of credits! (that you can only spend on this thing again, nothing else)

Only 8 hours for work. My work day is closer to 12 hours. including getting ready for work, travel time to and from work. meal breaks. Now I am down to 4 hours. I need to spend time with the family and dog. Now I am down to 2 or 3 hours. Now depending what time the rail was contested I might have a shot at playing 1 or two missions on 1 or 2 dark sectors.

I agree completely. Alliances are just trying to show who "alpha male" and its actually ruining the game. the problem is most people want warframe "politics" to be a thing and its stupid! lore isnt made and its not like you are using the taxes to build new roads or to create things all people can use! Wow a solar rail that EVERYONE can build...woo. People just need to stop and let us use the sectors for XP and resources. but everyone needs to show off there ego...so i dont think any of this will work any time soon

Only 8 hours for work. My work day is closer to 12 hours. including getting ready for work, travel time to and from work. meal breaks. Now I am down to 4 hours. I need to spend time with the family and dog. Now I am down to 2 or 3 hours. Now depending what time the rail was contested I might have a shot at playing 1 or two missions on 1 or 2 dark sectors.

Thank you for proving my point lol I only get about 4 hours if Im not out with friends

Yes, these were not ready and yes they were rushed out. That does not make them bad. I like them.

Do I think they are great? No. But as pointed out this is because they are not ready not because they are bad. Give it some time and DE will fix these issues, they have already commented on posts on this same topic that they are looking into revising how long contesting lasts at maximum and how fast Solar Rails are destroyed when fought over.

So, if they are going to eventually be fixed, the question is are they better as they are not than adding nothing would have been? I would say yes, but maybe that is just because I have had some time  to use them and have gotten a lot from them.

Yes, these were not ready and yes they were rushed out. That does not make them bad. I like them.

Do I think they are great? No. But as pointed out this is because they are not ready not because they are bad. Give it some time and DE will fix these issues, they have already commented on posts on this same topic that they are looking into revising how long contesting lasts at maximum and how fast Solar Rails are destroyed when fought over.

So, if they are going to eventually be fixed, the question is are they better as they are not than adding nothing would have been? I would say yes, but maybe that is just because I have had some time  to use them and have gotten a lot from them.

Yes it makes them bad, because if we do not contest them we all get free boosters, is a completely flawed design. and the fact that you like them does not make them any less flawed. I like them too, i am even part of an alliance that owns one, and we charge taxes, and i see how ridiculous and meaningless it is to charge taxes, because we just give the money back on battle payment, there is NOTHING to gain from owning sector, except to play it for free, which already happens in 0 tax sectors.

I'm with the OP

When the DS first started I jumped in to help our alliance, but gave up after a while, just got tired of the same "turn off the 4 reactors" game play. 

I would be more inclined to play the conflict game if they at least rotated in a survival or defense mission once in a while. 

and you had a chance of getting some mod drops.

As a side note, I went looking for the Life Strike today, and all the Dark Sectors are in conflict! Well that at least cuts down on the grind for the next 48 Hrs

Yes it makes them bad, because if we do not contest them we all get free boosters, is a completely flawed design. and the fact that you like them does not make them any less flawed. I like them too, i am even part of an alliance that owns one, and we charge taxes, and i see how ridiculous and meaningless it is to charge taxes, because we just give the money back on battle payment, there is NOTHING to gain from owning sector, except to play it for free, which already happens in 0 tax sectors.

The reason I believe they are good is because they seem to have potential. I also believe that it is always a good idea to have the community see things as they design them. No matter how long they worked on these in their test environment they cannot see how we will react or how it will work large scale. By implementing it in its incomplete form it allows us, the community, to have more control over what the Dark Sectors final form will be.

Should they have waited for them to have their own tile set and enemies to introduce them? Sure that would make them more interesting, but would not help their actual problems. Should they have waited until they had a system to make battle pay more meaningful? Yes, but did they even know they would need it until now? I do not know.

If anything, the worst thing this did was allow some people to gain credits and experience faster than they otherwise would have, while allowing DE to get a better idea of how to make the system better later.

The reason I believe they are good is because they seem to have potential. I also believe that it is always a good idea to have the community see things as they design them. No matter how long they worked on these in their test environment they cannot see how we will react or how it will work large scale. By implementing it in its incomplete form it allows us, the community, to have more control over what the Dark Sectors final form will be.

Should they have waited for them to have their own tile set and enemies to introduce them? Sure that would make them more interesting, but would not help their actual problems. Should they have waited until they had a system to make battle pay more meaningful? Yes, but did they even know they would need it until now? I do not know.

If anything, the worst thing this did was allow some people to gain credits and experience faster than they otherwise would have, while allowing DE to get a better idea of how to make the system better later.

I see one big problem though. Channel mods are LOCKED in those missions. We are now unable to obtain these mods because clans are to busy trying to be alpha dog. And i don't have all day to sit around and wait for the sectors to be free. And thanks to RNG its not like i can sway the outcome of mods so its always a dice roll when going to these missions and thanks to work and all, my chances have been drastically droped since i now have to wait for these clans to stop there "bigger stick" challenge.

Edited by KibaWesker

I had only 1 chance to play on a dark sector node, its just a permanent infested mission node.

I think that U13 was rushed and the dark sectors was added quickly because of the orokin Lab in the dojo.

I agree on that one! I saw the Kobrow (Llama dog) and hoped you could make it but it was just a teaser. The lab was rushed just for the dark sectors and its not even worth it. I WANT MY LLAMA DOG!!! Dx

Pros:

1) New tiles look nice

2) Faux players from the opposing alliance/clan was a nice touch

3) Decent credit sink for MR15 players and ancient clans

Cons:

Rail contention is really nothing more then trolling as a game mechanic - players locking out content for the rest of the game population just to see their logo on the star map. I've played dark sectors a couple times right when the first rails became active, but ever since my game time does not coincide to the narrow window when they are not contested. Not only that, but the rewards available to fight are terrible - which can be changed by the offering clan while you are in mission. The map is laughably small for any kind of contention system with even a modest player base.

Conclusion:

Load up valkyr/loki, run to generators, run to exit. That is "dark sectors" game play, and it is horribly boring and not worth the time. The fix is simple: allow players to either fight in the contention struggles OR proceed to dark sectors. That way clans and alliances can duke it out without holding the rest of the community hostage to their measuring contest.

DE, don't lock out content for everyone so some clans can massage their egos.

Edited by Esplodin

There are other benefits to owning a sector, mostly in that you get resources and credits.  Now, it's true the vast majority of those credits go right down the toilet in the form of battle pay and rail repairs, but to say "An alliance/clan" receives nothing might be a bit misleading.  I also don't think the clans/alliances are doing so out of any form of malice for the general population.  I think that the longer these are around, and the more wealthy the Alliances get, the higher the battle pay will go, eventually rivaling even that of the set missions for key nodes.  We're already seeing 5,000+. 

That being said, I would certainly like to see a pause of 48 hours between conflicts.  Course there's lots I'd like to see, defense/survival missions that do more damage to the rails the longer you stay, more mod drops during missions, other cool stuff.

~T3~