Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo...what Weapon Should I Get?

Derakien

Question

I've been browsing the wiki a lot so that i could plan on what weapons to acquire, and honestly, i have some issues on what weapon should get. any help would be appreciated, and suggestions area welcome too:D.

vs. grineer (and corpus too :D)

melee: dual zoren or fang?

primary weapon: boltor or gorgon?

secondary: no idea XD

vs. infested

m: dual zoren or heat swords?

p: no idea

s:-_-

again, if any weap in your opinion is better than the choices above, I'm open to suggestions :-).

10 answers to this question

Corpus-Grineer

Dual fang is beast vs grineer..

Boltor is beast vs everything xd..

-//-

Infected

Dual zoren is beast due to high crit rate ( not that good vs Ancients )

Hek is beast.. If you can't get Hek, get another shotgun..

Edited by whitehorus

Um for gineers Id say

Fang (bunos damage vs grineers xP)

Boltor/Paris (armor piercing xD)

Akbolto (Armor piercing again!) i guess xD

Infested, i prefer

Dual Zoren/Scindo/Dual Heat Sword/Gram xD

err any with fire xD? Gorgon/Hek/Bratons.. i guess xD

um.. Viper!/Aklatos/Afuris? or Akbolto too, bonus on ancients xP

Edited by CrystalRibbon

If you want to have fun - Snipetron, but without Orkon Catalyst it will be useless, erm for weapons, go for DUal Heat swords, i personally go threw any mobs with them even without catalyst, theyre good v everything, +150% charge dmg, Max armor pen, max charge speed and youl be a flippin ninja.. dont ruin the game by taking shotgun, trust me, it becomes booring.. atm shotguns are overpowered as F***...

So to sum up for TL;DR

Snipetron (catalyst)

Dual Heat

LEX

Edited by Missile

fang is great vs grineer, but lacking against infested, so if you need one to suit both situation, you'll be going zoren

unless you're willing to get a 2hander, then go gram

I prefer boltor over gorgon for the built in armor pierce, but it will turn off some because of the awkward fire mechanic since it uses arrows, you'll need to lead the target and adjust since hitting sweetspots will cause a lot of flinching

Melee-

For Heavily Armored Targets: Go Fragor or Fang

Grineer in General: Fang is nice, but the Amphis works too

Corpus: Anything really, they're squishy. Preferably something with a shock or fire mod on it.

Infested: Dual Heat Swords. I personally love my dual heat swords. NO electric based weapons against these guys, especially ancients.

Long Gun-

Heavily Armored Targets: Paris or Snipetron

Grineer: Gorgon, Boltor, or A shotgun if you can't get the HEK

Corpus: Most things work on them, again try and get an electricity mod or a fire mod.

Infested: Fire-modded shotguns are the bane of infested. Any longgun will do, however, as they lack ranged attacks and armor.

Pistol-

Heavily Armored Targets: Not entirely sure, but the Lato Vandal works well. In Lieu of that use the Bolto or Akbolto

Grineer: Bolto/Akbolto, Kraken

Corpus: Kraken

Infested: Kraken

Melee-

For Heavily Armored Targets: Go Fragor or Fang

Grineer in General: Fang is nice, but the Amphis works too

Corpus: Anything really, they're squishy. Preferably something with a shock or fire mod on it.

Infested: Dual Heat Swords. I personally love my dual heat swords. NO electric based weapons against these guys, especially ancients.

Long Gun-

Heavily Armored Targets: Paris or Snipetron

Grineer: Gorgon, Boltor, or A shotgun if you can't get the HEK

Corpus: Most things work on them, again try and get an electricity mod or a fire mod.

Infested: Fire-modded shotguns are the bane of infested. Any longgun will do, however, as they lack ranged attacks and armor.

Pistol-

Heavily Armored Targets: Not entirely sure, but the Lato Vandal works well. In Lieu of that use the Bolto or Akbolto

Grineer: Bolto/Akbolto, Kraken

Corpus: Kraken

Infested: Kraken

don't listen to his corpus advice

put frost on any weapon you'll be using against corpus, you'll thank me later when Moa's aren't butt raping you

the other elements are fine, but frost slows everything Moa's do, including the shockwave stomp

Yes shotguns are great, but I like rifles and I can make them work (switching between a Burston and Latron depending what missions I do).

It should be more about your playstyle and enjoyment rather than what kills fastest.

If finishing faster is your purpose, make a Loki and HF teleporting to end without killing a mob :D