The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

T3 Defense Host Migration And Disconnection, Or "please Give Us Our Lex Prime Blueprints".

Mehbah

I decided to do yet another tier 3 defense in hopes of getting Lex Prime. Invited a guy from my clan as well as two people from the recruiting chat. We start, and right away it decides to host migrate from me to my clanmate. Now, this shouldn't even be possible in void missions, seeing as the host has to be the one to supply the key, but we think nothing of it. Then finally, the Lex Prime blueprint drops, finally after all the times I've tried.

Holy S#&$, finally got it! F12 instantly.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3318334471662540017/1046019509673639B0C4A000BEAD6B57A5C29533/

I tried clicking on claim & exit, but nothing happened for a second or two.

And then...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3318334471662542155/77643ECE5ECA2CAE5A0D2CB047AF84C7FFA17083/

Needless to say, this was not a very pleasant surprise.

Why did this happen in the first place? It had host migrated to Ralkash as the host (confirmed as he could invite the guy who lost connection early on) and he was still in the game. He got the mission failure popup for no reason in the middle of the countdown, while the rest of us got disconnected immediately. It's pretty clear that this was the game screwing up somehow. At the worst possible time. And why does the game host migrate for no reason before a void mission anyway? I hosted a long game with the same group later, with no issues.

Please give us the blueprint we got fair and square in exchange for my T3 defense key. I'm sure you have whatever logs to look through to confirm what happened. I don't have the blueprint, I haven't traded it, I haven't sold it and I haven't built it.

I'm going to submit a support ticket once the support is up again.

I have received a mission failure right after migration for no reason lol

We didn't get the mission failure right after the host migration. The host migration happened before the map loaded, but the mission-failure-for-no-reason happened in the middle of the countdown. It only happened for Ralkash too; the rest of us got the disconnection message and were kicked back to the menus with nothing.

You can tell by the chat the game had migrated over to me.

When wave 5 came to an end I was given the choice, but before i had a chance to claim the mission failure message prevented me from doing anything else. I noticed some players had been able to press "claim & exit" but it didn't do anything for them in the end. 

Didn't see any error messages in the chat box or any indication anyone had disconnected from the match.