The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Someone To Unlock Exta Ceres For Me

wilmer007

Question

8 answers to this question

Getting lift to various places in the Sol System will only hurt your experience. Don't do it. Take your time to get to Frost.

Its not that i want him now i dont, i just want to get his parts and craft him since it takes 3 days to build. I still have to level up my Rhino and my Ember will be built in 1.5 days. Its to not have to wait for the foundry.

Besides Frost is one of the main 6 Warframes i want and i already have 2.

Edited by wilmer007

Shortcuts are never a good thing. Fight your way through all of the planets untill you'll unlock Ceres on your own. You'll gain valuable experience, you'll stockpile resources and when you reach Exta you'll be experienced enough, your gear will be sufficiently modded, and you won't die every 5 minutes.

Some of the things are locked because you should unlock them, you should prove, that you can manage.

That's why I believe, that access to planets should be mastery locked.

Shortcuts are never a good thing. Fight your way through all of the planets untill you'll unlock Ceres on your own. You'll gain valuable experience, you'll stockpile resources and when you reach Exta you'll be experienced enough, your gear will be sufficiently modded, and you won't die every 5 minutes.

Some of the things are locked because you should unlock them, you should prove, that you can manage.

That's why I believe, that access to planets should be mastery locked.

Its a F2P Game they cant afford to do that. Say a completely new player started playing and he says "I want Frost and nothing else", but he doesnt want to buy platinum. The grinding is already bad enough as it is so imagine if he had to claw his way to get frost one planet at a time. He would quit the game instanly. But if someone unlocks the planet for him and carries him quickly and he aquires everything he needs for Frost then he would stay longer. Now he has Frost and he might be willing to buy platinum on catalyst and formas just to upgrade Frost into a powerhouse. He probably wouldn't have gotten platinum if he had to do the grinding that i have already done.

Planet Hopping and getting carried is the only way to reduce the grinding. Believe me if the grinding wasnt like this i would actually do one planet at a time but it's impossible to speed up the grinding if u go that route. 

Look at me i want Dragon Nikana, Soma and some other good end game weapons. I have to be the burden of getting carried every time on maps like Xini just so i can level up 3 weapons at once. Its already painful and repetitive to do and i would not be playing right now if i had to go one planet at a time just to get to Mastery Rank 6 and 8. It would take forever at that rate.

Edited by wilmer007

Maybe we should remove the mastery locks altogether? I can see unranked Excaliburs running around with their Boltor Primes...

IMHO the "I want it NOW" syndrome is what destroys the whole experience. You see Novas trying to tank, Frosts throwing Snowglobes at random places, people whining on forums that frame XXX is too weak, while in fact they have no idea how to use it correctly...

Besides, it's not like you have to grind your &#! off to get through a planet. Few minutes on one node, few on the other, and in a two days you have access to all of the planets. You'll die a lot, that's true, but that's what you need to deal with going to places where you're not supposed to be on your current level.

Maybe we should remove the mastery locks altogether? I can see unranked Excaliburs running around with their Boltor Primes...

IMHO the "I want it NOW" syndrome is what destroys the whole experience. You see Novas trying to tank, Frosts throwing Snowglobes at random places, people whining on forums that frame XXX is too weak, while in fact they have no idea how to use it correctly...

Besides, it's not like you have to grind your &#! off to get through a planet. Few minutes on one node, few on the other, and in a two days you have access to all of the planets. You'll die a lot, that's true, but that's what you need to deal with going to places where you're not supposed to be on your current level.

This is not true. Lets look at LoL which is another F2P game. There is a champion called Lee Sin which is regarded as probably the hardest champion to master in that game. Yet he has no restrictions other than the cost to get him which is the same as most champion anyway. It gives the player the option of choosing who he wants to play and who he wants to master. Sure the guy who buys Lee Sin will suck alot before he eventually Masters him but when he does he will be a Top Notch Lee Sin Player and since he mastered the hardest champion in the game he can master any other champion aswell.

So yeah Game Balancing has nothing to do with how a new player determines if a warframe sucks or not. When was the last time a developer went to a new player for balancing input.

I agree with you 100% Angius. I get harrassed daily by noobs in my clan always needing a taxi somewhere or a walkthrough somewhere else. "Can you help me get a Mag prime systems? My equipment is not that good and I die alot In t3s." THEN YOU SHOULD'NT BE THERE! Today a rank 2 noob asked If I could take him to Mars to farm Gallium. MARS! He had unlocked most of Venus already. The game is full of lazy freeloaders always looking for shortcuts and handouts. They dont want to put in the work. They dont understand (or care) that it would make them a much better player to.