The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

Pyre smiled a bit upon hearing the pun or at least it sounded like one to her. She poured a cupful out before taking a sip. It was indeed sweet and it had been kept chilled. It was rather refreshing, actually. She then offered Shinkiro some. "It's quite nice. Sweet and it's still cold."

The Ash accepted the cup, smiling as he takes a moment to get a quick whiff of the beverage before taking a sip. Only a moment later, he would drink the entire cup. "....... That was refreshing..." He places the cup down and picks up his thermos. "Ever tried sake?"

The two Rhinos, one prime and one normal, nodded and walked over to move the boxes. The Rhino Prime added, "On behalf of the church, we thank you."

As for Gaia, she was in the cafeteria where she planned to have a meal with Tatsuya and Miho. It would probably be a good idea to check there first since last Tyranis saw her, she was just outside the cafeteria. Then again, he could also just ask someone if they knew where she was.

Tyranis performed a gesture to return the Rhino's thanks. Tyranis did not have to go far to find Gaia, he could sense her presence. He followed it to the cafeteria where he saw her having a meal with an Excalibur and Mag. Not wanting to intrude on their meal he stood nearby, making a clear gesture that he needed to speak to Gaia.

The Ash accepted the cup, smiling as he takes a moment to get a quick whiff of the beverage before taking a sip. Only a moment later, he would drink the entire cup. "....... That was refreshing..." He places the cup down and picks up his thermos. "Ever tried sake?"

"No, I've never tried it before. It's rice wine if I'm not mistaken, right?" Pyre finished the rest of the cup she had poured herself earlier before sealing the container that the remainder of the ice wine was in so it wouldn't get warm.

Tyranis performed a gesture to return the Rhino's thanks. Tyranis did not have to go far to find Gaia, he could sense her presence. He followed it to the cafeteria where he saw her having a meal with an Excalibur and Mag. Not wanting to intrude on their meal he stood nearby, making a clear gesture that he needed to speak to Gaia.

Gaia excused herself for a moment, getting up from her seat. "I'll be back in a moment." She walked up to Tyranis. "Greetings, Tyranis. You wanted to speak to me? I believe you also wanted to speak to Mortos, correct?"

Edited by Sumika1204

"Oh, of course," Cardina shook her head, frowning. "Sorry, I recorded my thoughts recently, my memory's always spotty afterwards." She stepped onto the lift before Temperance, and triggered it. As it started, Cardina gave Temperance a dead serious look, her white eyes narrowing as she placed a hand on her cocked hip. "One hour, then you wake me up, or earlier if anyone needs me before that." She leaned in closer, playing her fingers across his chest with a smile. "Deal?"

Temperance swallowed hard, clamping down on his end of the mental link. "Deal," he said, leaning in to touch foreheads briefly as the lift came to a stop. "The sleeping quarters are that way, opposite the armory. I'll be in the cockpit; call if you need me."

Sleep well, Cardina.

Edited by Temperance000

"No, I've never tried it before. It's rice wine if I'm not mistaken, right?" Pyre finished the rest of the cup she had poured herself earlier before sealing the container that the remainder of the ice wine was in so it wouldn't get warm.

Gaia excused herself for a moment, getting up from her seat. "I'll be back in a moment." She walked up to Tyranis. "Greetings, Tyranis. You wanted to speak to me? I believe you also wanted to speak to Mortos, correct?"

He bowed respectively and began to speak. "Mortos can wait. I have a favor to ask of you. I was told the engineers brought here to repair the derelict are some of the best in the system. Please..." He removed the worn down Galatine from his back and held it out to her. "This sword is of great importance to me, please i beg of you to see to its repair. I've had a large cargo brought in as donation as well as payment."

Edited by MasterDread

The gentlemanly gesture ends up making the Red Veil Scout blush a bit "Um, Y-you're too kind sir but I think I've had too much to eat for the moment, sorry" Shrugged Samantha as she cleared his throat and rants to Argus "Why is that maniac leading the Honour Guard and not someone with more sanity? Do the Tenno even have any Sanity in their group aside from the Loki's?"

Attakai was the one to answer her question, "I was originally a candidate to be the next leader of the Honour Guard, unfortunately for some reason the Clan Council found favour for Desolas instead, even the Guard agreed that I would have been a batter leader. Politics, what can you do

Tatsuya nodded, "Of course Lady Gaia, we will just right here." Miho still hasn't said anything ever since Desolas trampled over her.

Edited by Unendingblade

Temperance swallowed hard, clamping down on his end of the mental link. "Deal," he said, leaning in to touch foreheads briefly as the lift came to a stop. "The sleeping quarters are that way, opposite the armory. I'll be in the cockpit; call if you need me."

Sleep well, Cardina.

I'll try. Cardina found the quarters with little difficulty, and laid down on the humble cot. The bedroll was typically spartan, little more than a few inches of padding over springs. Still, better than what I've used in- however long. She laid down on it, trying to clear her thoughts to no avail; her mind was filled with petty tasks and loose ends that begged her attention, bothering her like gnats. After a few minutes of trying to ignore them, she gave up, and knocked herself out with a psychic command.

Without being roused, Cardina would sleep for a long, long time.

Edited by SnaleKing

He bowed respectively and began to speak. "Mortos can wait. I have a favor to ask of you. I was told the engineers brought here to repair the derelict are some of the best in the system. Please..." He removed the worn down Galatine from his back and held it out to her. "This sword is of great importance to me, please i beg of you to see to its repair. I've had a large cargo brought in as donation as well as payment."

"I could fix that for you. How long has it been in this damaged state for?" The more recent the damage, the easier it would be to repair most likely. If the damage was rather old then a trip to the vault would be necessary to get materials to assist with patching it. To add to it, she was largely free at the moment aside from having paused in the middle of a meal to speak with Tyranis.

Arkas looked at Cyrill with sad tired eyes.

"You know what, I think I just need some sleep. The Corpus have stopped approaching, probably regrouping after losing their insiders. Go and relax, socialize, have fun if you even know what that means."

He grinned at his old friend.

"Don't let my little outburst ruin your day, we'll figure it out tomorrow. So get lost, I'll be here if you need me"

With that, he collapses on the cot, falling asleep.

"Correct, milady." Shinkiro unscrews the thermos and pours his up to half and offers it to the Ember Prime. "So, is there any place in the system you would like to visit?"

"I could fix that for you. How long has it been in this damaged state for?" The more recent the damage, the easier it would be to repair most likely. If the damage was rather old then a trip to the vault would be necessary to get materials to assist with patching it. To add to it, she was largely free at the moment aside from having paused in the middle of a meal to speak with Tyranis.

"This blade has seen nearly four hundred years of combat. But this damage has only grown over the past four to five decades. I am a very seasoned Tenno Lady Gaia. But thats a story for another time... Please do what you can." He handed off his blade."

"Correct, milady." Shinkiro unscrews the thermos and pours his up to half and offers it to the Ember Prime. "So, is there any place in the system you would like to visit?"

As Pyre took the cup, she replied, "Well Earth for one. That is if there's a place there that the Grineer haven't set up outposts at." She took a sip of the rice wine, finding the taste to be more savoury than anything else, which she found to be quite a change since she was more used to sweet wines.

"This blade has seen nearly four hundred years of combat. But this damage has only grown over the past four to five decades. I am a very seasoned Tenno Lady Gaia. But that's a story for another time... Please do what you can." He handed off his blade."

Gaia took the damaged sword, holding it by the handle before looking it over. She then made an attempt to fix it by using Blessing, the sword glowing green like her energy colour as it slowly but surely was repaired. It took a few minutes but when she was finished, the blade looked as good as new. "How does this look? Might want to sharpen it a bit but it looks fine."

I'll try. Cardina found the quarters with little difficulty, and laid down on the humble cot. The bedroll was typically spartan, little more than a few inches of padding over springs. Still, etter than what I've used in- however long. She laid down on it, trying to clear her thoughts to no avail; her mind was filled with petty tasks and loose ends that begged her attention, bothering her like gnats. After a few minutes of trying to ignore them, she gave up, and knocked herself out with a psychic command.

Without being roused, Cardina would sleep for a long, long time.

Temperance sighed as he settled back into the cockpit chair, wishing that he too could find time to sleep.  But a promise was a promise, so he set a timer to remind himself when to wake Cardina, activated the repaired sensor package, and cued up some relatively light reading on the Void and the Infestation.  Multiple holographic screens flickered on around him, displaying cross sections of the derelict and nearby space, along with the first page of an ancient report on the Technocyte virus written by some lunatic named Robert Mezner.  Temperance made himself comfortable, and began to read.

In the back of his mind, Cardina's sleeping consciousness melded smoothly with his own, soothing the weary Ash as he began his watch.

As Pyre took the cup, she replied, "Well Earth for one. That is if there's a place there that the Grineer haven't set up outposts at." She took a sip of the rice wine, finding the taste to be more savoury than anything else, which she found to be quite a change since she was more used to sweet wines.

Gaia took the damaged sword, holding it by the handle before looking it over. She then made an attempt to fix it by using Blessing, the sword glowing green like her energy colour as it slowly but surely was repaired. It took a few minutes but when she was finished, the blade looked as good as new. "How does this look? Might want to sharpen it a bit but it looks fine."

Tyranis held the blade, gave it a firm tight grip, and gave it a quick swing to test it's stability, it was like the first time he held it, the blade was still dull but it was indeed restored to its former glory. He knelt down in front of Gaia, a sign of respect you'd expect from a knight. "I could never thank you enough Lady Gaia, you have no idea what this means to me. I am forever in your debt." Tyranis was convinced that Gaia was a truely pure soul. He would take this as a sign of trust and friendship.

A standard Tenno Cruiser spun a few laps around the Derelict ship before finally stopping. It leaned in closer to be able to get a clear comm signal.

A confused but somehow monotonic voice chimes in, "....Hello..? This is Taranis of the Santaphrax Knights clan." He pauses for a few seconds, "I'm not sure what I should be saying other than asking for permission to dock. So, yeah; I request permission to board."

Is there anything else I should say?

I'm not too sure. You think there's anything else worth mentioning?

Don't think so.

Then just sit there and wait for a response.

Leaning back in his chair, Taranis gives off a sigh of relief before humming one of his favorite songs and playing around with his electricity, turning the lights on and off repeatedly.

Edited by CosmoKnight

"Earth you say? Maybe a beach or a tropical island of sorts would be nice place to find." The ash smiled some, keeping his purple eyes locked onto Pyre. Shinkiro stuffs a piece of tilapia into his mouth, chewing it with delight. He was already growing more fond of this women, 

Tyranis held the blade, gave it a firm tight grip, and gave it a quick swing to test it's stability, it was like the first time he held it, the blade was still dull but it was indeed restored to its former glory. He knelt down in front of Gaia, a sign of respect you'd expect from a knight. "I could never thank you enough Lady Gaia, you have no idea what this means to me. I am forever in your debt." Tyranis was convinced that Gaia was a truely pure soul. He would take this as a sign of trust and friendship.

Gaia smiled. "It's no problem. I enjoy helping my fellow Tenno." As she gestured to the table where she had been having lunch, she asked, "Care to join us for lunch?"

A standard Tenno Cruiser spun a few laps around the Derelict ship before finally stopping. It leaned in closer to be able to get a clear comm signal.

A confused but somehow monotonic voice chimes in, "....Hello..? This is Taranis of the Santaphrax Knights clan." He pauses for a few seconds, "I'm not sure what I should be saying other than asking for permission to dock. So, yeah; I request permission to board."

Is there anything else I should say?

I'm not too sure. You think there's anything else worth mentioning?

Don't think so.

Then just sit there and wait for a response.

Leaning back in his chair, Taranis gives off a sigh of relief before humming one of his favorite songs and playing around with his electricity, turning the lights on and off repeatedly.

The docking officer gave Taranis the green light to dock and sent him coordinates to an available docking port. A cruiser was much too large to dock inside a hangar meant for interceptors and other strike craft but the docking ports ensured that larger vessels could dock as necessary.

"Earth you say? Maybe a beach or a tropical island of sorts would be nice place to find." The ash smiled some, keeping his purple eyes locked onto Pyre. Shinkiro stuffs a piece of tilapia into his mouth, chewing it with delight. He was already growing more fond of this women, 

"Exactly. A nice, relaxing day at a beach. Hope the Grineer haven't polluted the entire planet to kingdom come but then again, those Orokin plants have been growing and filtering pollution to keep the Grineer at bay for quite a while." She took a bite out of one of her roll sandiwhiches and chewed it thoroughly before swallowing.

Temperance keyed his ship's comm, not wanting to wake Cardina.

"Tenno Taranis, this is Temperance, emissary of the Lotus.  Welcome to the Church of the Ascension.  I regret that Herald Cardina is unavailable at the moment, but there is a docking port open for your ship at these coordinates.  I will send an Acolyte to greet you.  Again, welcome to the Church of the Ascension."

He signed off and opened a link to the Church's internal comm net.  "Rien, are you up for greeting duty?  We have a cruiser coming in at docking port three."

Rien replied over the communicator, "I'm a lookout, not a greeter. I'll pass the message on to someone else. Also, I have a package for you. Come collect it when you get the chance."

Edited by Sumika1204

Gaia smiled. "It's no problem. I enjoy helping my fellow Tenno." As she gestured to the table where she had been having lunch, she asked, "Care to join us for lunch?"

Tyranis takes another bow. "It'd be my honor... i haven't had anything to eat since i arrived anyway."  He scratches his head and lets out a hardy laugh just as his stomach begins to grumble, he places his sword back on his back and follows Gaia into the cafeteria 

Edited by MasterDread

Tyranis takes another bow. "It'd by my honor... i haven't had anything to eat since i arrived anyway."  He scratches his head and lets out a hardy laugh just as his stomach begins to grumble, he places his sword back on his back and follows Gaia into the cafeteria 

While Tatsuya and Miho wait for Gaia to return, he takes a seat beside Miho. He reaches for her hand caressing it gently, "Miho I know you're hurting now, but you're not alone in this okay? You have me, Lady Gaia, and the rest of the Church here to help you. They gave us a home here you know? They can help us when we need them, don't you want to get stronger?" Miho nods, "Don't you want to help others like a Tenno does?" she nods again, he leans his head onto hers, "Would you like to tell us what happened when you were captured? If you do we can help you get through it, and I will be there every step of the way."

Miho turns her head looking him in the eye, and finally speaks, "Promise?" Tatsuya could only grin at her finally speaking, and nods, "Promise." he places a hand on her cheek wiping a tear away while she speaks, "Okay, I'll tell you." Tatsuya leans in and gives her a tender kiss. She smiles a happy smile, a smile that always makes his heart melt, a smile he hasn't seen in over 10 years, and he was happy he got to see that smile once again. They notice a black Oberon following Gaia, it seems they have someone joining them as well.

Edited by Unendingblade

Tyranis takes another bow. "It'd be my honor... i haven't had anything to eat since i arrived anyway."  He scratches his head and lets out a hardy laugh just as his stomach begins to grumble, he places his sword back on his back and follows Gaia into the cafeteria 

Gaia giggled a little as Tyranis' stomach grumbled. Well, he certainly was honest. "Right this way." She gestured for him to follow before she lead Tyranis to the tables where the buffet was. "Just grab a plate and pick out anything you like from the buffet. If you want anything special then you can request it from the cooks. Also, feel free to sit at any of the tables after you've picked out what you want."

While Tatsuya and Miho wait for Gaia to return, he takes a seat beside Miho. He reaches for her hand caressing it gently, "Miho I know you're hurting now, but you're not alone in this okay? You have me, Lady Gaia, and the rest of the Church here to help you. They gave us a home here you know? They can help us when we need them, don't you want to get stronger? Miho nods, "Don't you want to help others like a Tenno does?" she nods again, he leans his head onto hers, "Would you like to tell us what happened when you were captured? If you do we can help you get through it, and I will be there every step of the way."

Miho turns her head looking him in the eye, and finally speaks, "Promise?" Tatsuya could only grin at her finally speaking, and nods, "Promise." he places a hand on her cheek wiping a tear away while she speaks, "Okay, I'll tell you." Tatsuya leans in and gives her a tender kiss. She smiles a happy smile, a smile he hasn't seen in over 10 years, and he was happy she got to see that smile once again. They notice a black Oberon following Gaia, it seems they have someone joining them as well.

Gaia returned to the table where Tatsuya and Miho were sitting. "Someone needed my help but I'm back now and he may be joining us at this table once he picks out what he wishes to eat."

Edited by Sumika1204

"Exactly. A nice, relaxing day at a beach. Hope the Grineer haven't polluted the entire planet to kingdom come but then again, those Orokin plants have been growing and filtering pollution to keep the Grineer at bay for quite a while." She took a bite out of one of her roll sandiwhiches and chewed it thoroughly before swallowing.

Shinkiro nodded. "If given the chance, I'll go find a clean beach. Take you out on a nice date. Want some?" He offers the box of tilapia to the prime.

Gaia giggled a little as Tyranis' stomach grumbled. Well, he certainly was honest. "Right this way." She gestured for him to follow before she lead Tyranis to the tables where the buffet was. "Just grab a plate and pick out anything you like from the buffet. If you want anything special then you can request it from the cooks. Also, feel free to sit at any of the tables after you've picked out what you want."

Gaia returned to the table where Tatsuya and Miho were sitting. "Someone needed my help but I'm back now and he may be joining us at this table once he picks out what he wishes to eat."

Tatsuya smiles at the new person to be joining them, "I'll just go over to her and let her know okay?" Miho nods, "Okay, don't be long." he smiles at her, "I won't." he walks over to the buffet grabbing two plates, placing food on to them and then walks over to Gaia, "Lady Gaia? Once we grab our food, Miho would like to discuss something with us, our new friend can join us too if we wants to listen in as well."

Edited by Unendingblade

As she slept for the first time in centuries, Cardina dreamed.

Worlds burned and danced, the flickering flames illuminating strings attached to thousands of hands and feet. As their flesh blackened and charred the dancers sang, praising the cords that pulled them through the holy pyres around them. The thousand thousand worshipers were free from the burden of choice, from the cycle of Order and Chaos; here, they were forever one, the infinite fires fueling and consuming the eternal, perfect dance. Above them, black unseen claws tugged the scores of silky strands, while burning white eyes watched every finger, tooth and toe. THESE WHO SERVE ARE PUPPETS, it declared, THOSE WHO OPPOSED ARE CINDERS.

One dancer missed a step; before the black claw could snatch it away to be crushed, a boiling tumor erupted from the man's flesh, and it extinguished the fires and consumed the dancers. The gossamer strands strained and snapped as the roiling mass of flesh tore free, consuming the world in its eternal hunger. WHAT FORCE IS THIS, THAT SUPPLANTS CHAOS WITH LIFE AND TURNS ORDER INTO ROT?

We are the Infestation, the True Flesh. We are you, and Life will not be controlled. IT WILL BE CONSUMED, it declared again. The black claws scooped up great masses of meat, consuming them in gaping mouthfuls. But it was not enough, for the Infestation grew back what it had lost, and more. Alone, nothing could stop it. This could not be caged. I DESPAIR, it continued eating the flesh, FOR I AM ALONE. I HAVE CRUSHED ALL OTHERS WHO COULD AID. MY CONTROL OF ALL MAKES ALL WEAK, FOR WHAT GOOD IS A LOYAL, BROKEN SERVANT?

A great blade burst forth through the Flesh, slicing it in twain. Another appeared, and the two blades vanished and reformed a hundred thousand times, cutting the Flesh so that it could never reform fully. The great claws seized and devoured the mutilated festering mass, and when it was all destroyed, the world was restored as it was at the beginning; a green and blue sphere, covered in swirling white clouds. Order and Chaos, gone, fabrications of mortal minds. I SEE NOW. I see now. I see now.

Cardina rolled over in her sleep, smiling.