Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

Ansilm was getting enough of sitting at the pilot seat "Much as I love making noise... I hate to wake up others" Ansilm said and fired few times the flak cannons sending out huge amount of sound able to heard through really thick walls he was shooting at nothing just only to make some noise. He shot three times then opened the ship's communication module scrolled through the list of connections. He programmed the module to search Tenno communications. He found several of them decided to use few of the found. Sent a message of conforming their location. He found out that he sent message to Tatsyua and Arthur.

Edited by Revel72

Aran had finished putting her frame on and set the two auto repair bots off to repair the Hunter IV.

Welp done with that part, lets get back to the cafe and congratulate Gandraya.

She worm-holes her way back to the cafe doors and walks inside and sits down next to Gandraya, across from Tatsuya and Miho.

"So I hear Gandraya is the god-mother of your child." she says as she sits down.

"What do you two have planned for your wedding ceremony?"

"GAH, this mind link keeps syncing us up when we don't want to. Sorry in advance if we do it again." Aran says as she puts her head on to her folded arms, resting on the table.

Aran had finished putting her frame on and set the two auto repair bots off to repair the Hunter IV.

Welp done with that part, lets get back to the cafe and congratulate Gandraya.

She worm-holes her way back to the cafe doors and walks inside and sits down next to Gandraya, across from Tatsuya and Miho.

"So I hear Gandraya is the god-mother of your child." she says as she sits down.

"What do you two have planned for your wedding ceremony?"

"GAH, this mind link keeps syncing us up when we don't want to. Sorry in advance if we do it again." Aran says as she puts her head on to her folded arms, resting on the table.

Miho giggled at the twins' antics, the way they say things together can be quite funny, "We haven't really thought of anything yet, right now we're just focusing on the baby, the wedding will probably happen around next year after the baby has been born."

Edited by Unendingblade

Miho giggled at the twins' antics, the way they say things together can be quite funny, "We haven't really thought of anything yet, right now we're just focusing on the baby, the wedding will probably happen around next year after the baby has been born."

"Oh, well that makes sense...CRAP WE DID IT AGAIN-AND AGAIN! the twins burst out laughing

"God-dammit, we are soooo good at this." She said with a mixture of laughter and sarcasm.

"You really think so?" She chuckles.

"What kind of man would I be if I do not show concern for my dear loved one, hm?" Shinkiro went back to his drinking. The thought of having a child of his around may have created an obstacle in his job, buuuut the thought of having a child. "Lovely as ever, Pyre. Enjoying your ramen?"

Pyre nodded. "Mhm. It tastes as good as it smells. I usually don't eat ramen but now I see why you like it so much."

Pyre nodded. "Mhm. It tastes as good as it smells. I usually don't eat ramen but now I see why you like it so much."

"Don't eat too much of it, though." The Tenno started tossing his helmet in the air with a hand. The bottle was empty now and no intention of getting more sake crossed Shinkiro's mind. Marriage was already in his mind, but its best to wait for another point in time for that.

Jinx's expression didn't change at all as she moved away from the wall and positioned herself right in front of Cardina.

"And as soon as I kill you nether I or the others will have any hope of escaping this Derelict. Your little minions will have us killed while you, Golem, probably will find some way to escape death. And nothing will have changed. Skip that smug grin of yours and drop the act. You're only stating facts. If you want to keep up your little charade so that you can feel in control and use it as little blanket to feel superior, fine.

You don't care about the church, you only care for yourself. You will never understand the meaning of loyalty. It's just another way for you to lure people. I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to kill you right here and now and clean away your stain. But as long as we're here in the Void you can't harm anyone in the Sol system. I won't risk my brother's and Munin's lives for a sad little piece of S#&$ like you. You know that, so you can take your little mind games and shove them somewhere you pathetic excuse for a Nyx. Oh, that's right, I'm sorry. You're not a Tenno, you're not a Nyx, that armor is not yours, you're an infested abomination. And you know what? Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren? You might be a Golem, But I'm a Hunter. And I can wait"

Cardina stayed silent, avoiding Jinx's burning glare to focus on sewing her clothes. Her hands were shaking violently, and she winced and bared her pointed teeth briefly as she pricked herself with the needle. She flicked the droplet of blood from her fingertip, then glanced up at Jinx's hard stare.

"Jinx," Cardina's voice was still hoarse, but a low growl started to enter the worn-out tone. "Don't... say that name. It isn't something to be used lightly." She tried to keep sewing, but her hands were shaking too much to accomplish anything.

"You're right. I won't understand loyalty. But can you let me try to understand happiness? Kill me, or don't, but if I'm alive, can you at least let me live well?" She glances over her shoulder at her room's door. "In there is the only person who loves me. I want to try loving him back. I'm not a human, I'm not a Tenno. I'm a girlfriend," Cardina's eyes lower, her hands stable again as she continues sewing, "but that's something I don't expect you to understand."

Cardina stayed silent, avoiding Jinx's burning glare to focus on sewing her clothes. Her hands were shaking violently, and she winced and bared her pointed teeth briefly as she pricked herself with the needle. She flicked the droplet of blood from her fingertip, then glanced up at Jinx's hard stare.

"Jinx," Cardina's voice was still hoarse, but a low growl started to enter the worn-out tone. "Don't... say that name. It isn't something to be used lightly." She tried to keep sewing, but her hands were shaking too much to accomplish anything.

"You're right. I won't understand loyalty. But can you let me try to understand happiness? Kill me, or don't, but if I'm alive, can you at least let me live well?" She glances over her shoulder at her room's door. "In there is the only person who loves me. I want to try loving him back. I'm not a human, I'm not a Tenno. I'm a girlfriend," Cardina's eyes lower, her hands stable again as she continues sewing, "but that's something I don't expect you to understand."

There was a pain visible in Jinx eyes, and there was a pain in her chest. A pain which felt like someone were holding her heart trying to crush it. Her mouth didn't seem to be able to decide wherever to smile or frown. With a sudden movement, Jinx had Cardina pinned to the wall.

"You think I didn't have anyone before I got here? You think I don't know what love is like? I know it better than you ever will. You have never felt it. I have, long before you even knew the concept. I know the pain which comes from losing it. I live with that pain every day, every time I think of what was. The emptiness that can never be filled. A presence I sometimes believe I can feel but isn't there. Because the one I loved and who loved me back is dead." Tears were now forming in her eyes and now travelled down Jinx's cheeks one by one.

"You can try to love Cardina, you can try. But people like you are only capable of loving yourselves" With that she let her go. 

There was a pain visible in Jinx eyes, and there was a pain in her chest. A pain which felt like someone were holding her heart trying to crush it. Her mouth didn't seem to be able to decide wherever to smile or frown. With a sudden movement, Jinx had Cardina pinned to the wall.

"You think I didn't have anyone before I got here? You think I don't know what love is like? I know it better than you ever will. You have never felt it. I have, long before you even knew the concept. I know the pain which comes from losing it. I live with that pain every day, every time I think of what was. The emptiness that can never be filled. A presence I sometimes believe I can feel but isn't there. Because the one I loved and who loved me back is dead." Tears were now forming in her eyes and now travelled down Jinx's cheeks one by one.

"You can try to love Cardina, you can try. But people like you are only capable of loving yourselves" With that she let her go. 

Everything in Cardina's hands dropped to the ground, eyes wide with shock and fear as Jinx's armored grip crushed her. "I- I didn't- aaugh! S-stop!" Cardina's hands clawed uselessly at Jinx's arms, her teeth gritted and eyes welling with tears as fractures started to form in the bones of her shoulders. Finally, Jinx released her, and Cardina fell to her knees, hissing through her teeth with pain.

"I- I will try!" Cardina whispered angrily, staring at Jinx's armored feet. "B-because I don't h-have to be a monster! Haa, haahaahaa-" She grinned up at Jinx, her eyes burning wild and white. "He- he can lie to me! Five days, five days of lies, and I'll be a Tenno! I'll be a Herald and a woman and a Tenno, I'll be Cardina, I won't be a monster, I won't be Infested, this will all be gone and I won't be my past anymore, I'll be in control again-" She reached forward, gathering up her scattered materials in her arms while the piercing pain in her shoulders slowly faded.

Cardina stood up, shakily, giving Jinx one last disturbing, toothy grin, before staggering back into her room. The door slid shut behind her as she settled back into Temperance's lap, folding his arms around herself again like nothing had happened. Besides the progress on her robe, that is.

Four hours and thirty-seven minutes later, Cardina turned her finished robe over in her hands, then slipped out of Temperance's sleeping but still flattering embrace. Smiling, she peeled off the bodyglove and carefully put on the robe, testing each seam as she did so. It wasn't her best work- probably, she remarked bitterly to herself, remembering the amnesia's influence. It was simple, with the deep v-cut neck and leg slit on the left side of the dress designed to accent and emphasize her exceptional body, rather than show off her fashion skills. She gave it a quick twirl, the only part of the outfit really reacting to the movement being the two trailing ribbons of the signature red sash around her wast. This'll do nicely, she thought with a satisfied smirk.

Cardina knelt down next to Temperance, and leaned in close enough to brush her lips against his ear. "Time to wake up, love," she cooed softly, slipping her hand into his.

Edited by SnaleKing

Cardina knelt down next to Temperance, and leaned in close enough to brush her lips against his ear. "Time to wake up, love," she cooed softly, slipping her hand into his.

If it was possible to wake up blushing, Temperance would have.  As it was, he came to extremely confused.  He could have sworn that Cardina just whispered "love" in his ear.

Because she did, you dimwit.

"Mmm," the Ash mumbled, blinking himself awake.  "What is it, carissima?"

I was just having the most wonderful dream.  I was watching you bloom...

A whisper of tension ghosted across the link, and Temperance paused.  For all her flirtations, Cardina was vibrating like an overdrawn bowstring.

"What's the matter?"

Edited by Temperance000

If it was possible to wake up blushing, Temperance would have.  As it was, he came to extremely confused.  He could have sworn that Cardina just whispered "love" in his ear.

Because she did, you dimwit.

"Mmm," the Ash mumbled, blinking himself awake.  "What is it, carissima?"

I was just having the most wonderful dream.  I was watching you bloom...

A whisper of tension ghosted across the link, and Temperance paused.  For all her flirtations, Cardina was vibrating like an overdrawn bowstring.

"What's the matter?"

Cardina clamped down on the rogue emotion far too quickly, and a second later she realized her mistake. "Gods damn- I can't keep anything from you, I suppose." She slumped down next to Temperance, deftly pulling his arm around her waist, while worming her own hand behind his back. "Jinx was eavesdropping on us, and I tried to talk to her. I... could have handled it better, neither of us were at our best. She called me by that name, said she'd kill me if my Acolytes weren't here to take revenge. Nothing atypical of her, but- I have a favor to ask of you."

Cardina nestled closer to him, but avoided eye contact. "Could you... lie to me? Just for a week. I can pass as a Tenno, I have for a long time, and I think if I didn't know what I really was, I could fool myself. For the next week, I want you to never mention to me anything about me being Infested. I won't use my vines, either, or do anything that a Tenno wouldn't do, and you'll remind me every day what I've been telling everyone I am. In five days, I won't remember anything about- you know. I'll actually think I'm just a Tenno, the Herald of the Ascension, not some sick monster in a half-human shape." She looked up at him, her eyes wide and pleading. "Please? It'll be for the best, and I can't do it without you."

Miho and Tatsuya talk to the Nova twins more as they finish their meal. "Aran, Gandraya, it's been nice to talking to you guys, we'll see you guys later." they got up placing their bowls on a used dish rack and made their way back to their home.

As they walk Miho couldn't help but smile, "Tatsuya?"

"Mmm?"

"I'm excited, what our future has in store for us, for our family." Tatsuya smiled, they reach back to their little home with Yuzuki waiting at the door, they open the door only to smile as their family dog was loyally waiting for their return, they knelt down petting him on the head as Yuzuki wags his short little tail, beeping at them in delight.

They got back to their room, changing into their more comfortable clothes for sleeping, it was getting late for them. They lie down on their bed, smiling at each other, Miho places a hand on her belly softly singing a lullaby, no matter how young their unborn child is, she is certain their baby can hear it.

Dango dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku

Dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku

Tatsuya smiled back, joining in with her singing, placing a hand on top of Miho's belly as well.

Dango dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku

Dango dango dango dango dango daikazoku

As they sing the lullaby to their unborn child, the couldn't help but think, how fortunate their child is, having a family. The couple both inwardly promise to be the best parents they could ever be, despite never having one when they were younger.

Despite everything that has happened to them, their future seems to shine a bright light. A light that will never fade.

*Dango Daikazoku - Which means Big Dango Family, is also a lullaby song.

*Dango - A popular food in Japan, also known for having silly cartoon characters made out of them.

Edited by Unendingblade

Tyranis had spent the past few hours working on his ship, It needed to be more "Void Worthy", The coming hunt for the Stalker would require them to look all around the system, and there was no faster way then "Void Space Travel", manipulating the same technology and power the Orokin used to enter and leave the Void. They could get anywhere in the system in just a matter of minutes.

It was like a two way portal, The ship will enter Void Space from one end. and exit out another.  Thanks to the vast resources of the Sun Clan and a little help from Argus it was quite simple to make the necessary "Modifications". All the adjustments had been made, the ship was re-calibrated to compensate and was in perfect working order. With nothing left to do but wait for his comrades to arrive Tyranis leaned back in the pilot seat, he was still out of frame, holding his hand over the scar on his left eye. He muttered to himself "Just you wait... There will nowhere left in the universe for you to hide."

Cardina clamped down on the rogue emotion far too quickly, and a second later she realized her mistake. "Gods damn- I can't keep anything from you, I suppose." She slumped down next to Temperance, deftly pulling his arm around her waist, while worming her own hand behind his back. "Jinx was eavesdropping on us, and I tried to talk to her. I... could have handled it better, neither of us were at our best. She called me by that name, said she'd kill me if my Acolytes weren't here to take revenge. Nothing atypical of her, but- I have a favor to ask of you."

Cardina nestled closer to him, but avoided eye contact. "Could you... lie to me? Just for a week. I can pass as a Tenno, I have for a long time, and I think if I didn't know what I really was, I could fool myself. For the next week, I want you to never mention to me anything about me being Infested. I won't use my vines, either, or do anything that a Tenno wouldn't do, and you'll remind me every day what I've been telling everyone I am. In five days, I won't remember anything about- you know. I'll actually think I'm just a Tenno, the Herald of the Ascension, not some sick monster in a half-human shape." She looked up at him, her eyes wide and pleading. "Please? It'll be for the best, and I can't do it without you."

Temperance shook his head sadly.  

"You know me better than that, Cardina," he said.  "I couldn't do that to you.  We've had a similar conversation before, when you said I could lock you in a box for five days and make you what ever I wanted afterwards.  The Infestation is a part of you, Cardina.  It's part of the Tenno I fell in love with.  I can't forget like you do; I would be lying to you every day for the rest of your life.  And what happens if you rediscover it later?  You'll only go through this again."

He pressed her close, stroking her hair.  "I can't help you forget," he whispered.  "But I will help you fight it, if you wish.  You are not a monster, Cardina, mea cara.  You are not, and if worst comes to worst, I will not let you become one."

Temperance shook his head sadly.  

"You know me better than that, Cardina," he said.  "I couldn't do that to you.  We've had a similar conversation before, when you said I could lock you in a box for five days and make you what ever I wanted afterwards.  The Infestation is a part of you, Cardina.  It's part of the Tenno I fell in love with.  I can't forget like you do; I would be lying to you every day for the rest of your life.  And what happens if you rediscover it later?  You'll only go through this again."

He pressed her close, stroking her hair.  "I can't help you forget," he whispered.  "But I will help you fight it, if you wish.  You are not a monster, Cardina, mea cara.  You are not, and if worst comes to worst, I will not let you become one."

Cardina nestled her head on Temperance's shoulder, her eyelashes tickling his neck as she shut her eyes. "Alright, for you, then. I don't want you to lose your girlfriend." She pulled back to look him in the eyes, smiling a bit at something he'd said. "You called me a Tenno, silly, though I'm not sure out of flattery or forgetfulness." Her smile stayed a moment longer, then slowly melted away as her expression darkened. Speaking of forgetfulness. "Temperance, when we met, what was it like?"

Cardina nestled her head on Temperance's shoulder, her eyelashes tickling his neck as she shut her eyes. "Alright, for you, then. I don't want you to lose your girlfriend." She pulled back to look him in the eyes, smiling a bit at something he'd said. "You called me a Tenno, silly, though I'm not sure out of flattery or forgetfulness." Her smile stayed a moment longer, then slowly melted away as her expression darkened. Speaking of forgetfulness. "Temperance, when we met, what was it like?"

"Neither," Temperance said, and surprised himself by kissing her.  "As far as I'm concerned, it's true."

"As for how we met..."  He shifted to get comfortable against the wall and drew Cardina close again.  "It's a bit of a strange story."

He focused inward, pulling up the memories and letting them seep across the link.  Cardina's presence enfolded him in loving warmth as he began to speak.

"It all started when I got a call from the Lotus, about a group called the Church of the Ascension..."

Sitting there with Cardina's head resting on his shoulder, the words thrumming pleasantly in his throat and mixing with the memories that swam across their link, Temperance could not help but feel that, for the moment, all was right with the world.

After studying Cardina's discarded helmet, Cyrios set it on a shelf, intending to return it to her when he next saw her. Plucking an inactive Shade and various tools and resources from the shelves that lined the inner walls of his ship, then delicately peeled the hull off of the inactive Harvester that rested center-stage in his ship. Disassembling the Shade, Cyrios got to work integrating its core systems into the Harvester's body. This might take a while,he thought as he worked. A smile crept across his lips as he savored the opportunity to work on something as rare as a Harvester.

But it will be worth it.

The twins have returned to their ship to find the two repair drones had finished repairing the ship and multiple messages in their inbox. 

"Well lets sort through this shall we? Hek threat, harvester notice, stalker hello mesage. AH here we go, from Ruk: "Kill this corpus VIP and be rewarded with these two special explosive Vulkars and a hefty amount of credits." Well at least Ruk has improved on his tenno, since we taught him."

"Well we didn't exactly teach him, makes for a good story though. We should probably let the others know before we set off on another hunt."

"Good idea, I'll send a message to them and lets get going now, I want to get this one done quickly so we can get beck in time for you to become a true god-mother. Aran pushes a button on the ships control panel, "This is a message to anyone who knows who we are, The Nova twins will be leaving the void for a few weeks. This is Aran, I've gotten a few contracts I have to do during my time here, We are going to finish those and be back as soon a possible."

"And we'll be sure to bring back goodies for everyone at the same time, I guess having to leave so soon won't be too bad, that is how we bounty hunters roll after all." she giggles.

"Nova Twins out." Aran ended the message.

The Hunter IV started up, made its way to the hangar doors and left the derelict. 

"You ready?"

"You bet."

Aran prepares the ship for the jump back to normal space.

"PUNCH IT!"

The Hunter IV vanishes.

Edited by Issun135

Order and Chaos.

Emotion and Impassiveness.

Blessed and Cataclysmic.

The mind of a Tenno in its' Warframe thinks faster than any human could possibly imagine.  But in time, anyone can adapt to the predictability of a fast thinker.

They'll always take the option that will make them win, with no second thoughts.  They will attempt to sacrifice nothing.  They will not be made to look like fools.  And that's their bane.

A foreseeable mindset; constantly calculating the best option.

Predictability.

In this moment, I stand between the Corpus and my Tenno brethren.  I am what my brothers and sisters rely on.  I am the interim between Life and Death.

And I won't let them perish.

They had won.  The Corpus perished; Silac banished to a world of pain and dismay as a source of light.  Cyrill was not part of the cells fighting the Corpus and their gargantuan fleet, but instead the one warding them off.  One more time he had sat at the controls in Engineering, closing off partitions of the derelict to confuse the Corpus and divide their forces for simple suppression.  Normally a mission like this would be child's play, but the forces of the Corpus branch under Silac's control was vastly diverse.  Somehow, they had been defeated, however.  And with little to no sacrifice, the Acolytes and their allies had rallied and triumphed.

Cyrill had asked the Acolytes where he should go for meditation, and they prescribed him a certain Vosen Water Garden with a stone platform in the middle, riddled with small Orokin symbols.  He disengaged his helmet, and as it folded into his suit, he knelt down in the traditional Tenno way.  I have much to think about...I pray there is time to do it.

He closed his eyes.  The spirits of his lost sisters and brothers declared their existence, and lulled him into a ethereal coma.

Dear brethren...we have much to discuss.

• 3 months later...

Another Nekros, red as his blade and dark as a shadow, saw the message.

Goddamned religious maniacs.

He activated the ship's Codec. "Antlion?"

A response that resonated like a thousand skittering insects. "He (Dirge(Nekros(Tenno))) calls (beckons(summons))?"

"Yes..." He stood, crimson Dragon Nikana at his side. "Let's find some trouble and make it double. Sending the message now."

A moment.

"Idiots (Morons(Hateful(Stupidity))). End (finish(terminate))?"

A smile, too wide, with far too many teeth, manifested on Dirge's face.

"If we can. I'll do this on my own."

((

threadomancy.jpg

Achaix, I'm not sure if you noticed when you scrolled down so far to find this thread, but the last post was made on May 23rd. Besides the thread being dead, it's also concluded, having been moved to the invite-only RP, Rise of the Faithful. Please contact myself, Sumika, Temperance or Lady_Viper about joining the ongoing thread, though I will warn you that your chances of getting in at this point are pretty slim.))

Edited by SnaleKing