The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

Tatsuya opens his eyes, he looks to his side, seeing his lover still asleep he decides to get up and check a crate he managed to retrieve from the rescue mission. He gladly volunteered for the mission, along with his closest friends, their secondary objective the Council gave them was to retrieve a crate that Darvo informed them about.

The mission was a success of course, but at a huge price, 3 Tenno dead, and Tatsuya was the only one to make it out with the crate and the refugees long with Miho among them.

He approaches the crate, 'Let's see what the Council wanted with this thing, 3 Tenno dead because of this damned crate.' As he opened the crate, his widened in shock and horror. He could not believe what was in it, he could not believe the Clan Council wanted this thing.

Inside the crate.....a deactivated Zanuka.

Edited by Unendingblade

Good to hear.  

Temperance took a seat by the vine cocoon containing Arkas and settled in to wait.

At least let's agree on one thing first: every single Harvester is going on the scrap heap.

The vines near Temperance began to stir. Seemingly growing intensity, the glow of the cocoon bathed the whole Garden in a warm green glow.

The vines near Temperance began to stir. Seemingly growing intensity, the glow of the cocoon bathed the whole Garden in a warm green glow.

Okaaay...that is not normal.

Temperance backed up a few steps, putting a hand on his Lex just in case it was Damin who emerged from the cocoon.

Good news, Cardina, is our sleeping friend seems to be waking up.  Bad news, I'm not sure which one it is.

Edited by Temperance000

Gaia noticed Cardina was approaching, as did Mortos as the two were seated at the same table as Munin. They had been waiting for Munin to tell them just what he wished to speak with them about. Gaia looked to Cardina and smiled. "Greetings, Herald Cardina. I hope you have been able to find some rest today."

"I have, Divinities, though I fear a whole hour may have been indulging myself. When I came back, Arkas was babbling about losing five minutes of his memory. I nearly brushed him aside, but it turned out he has a split personality, the result of Alad V's indoctrination." Cardina sat down next to Mortos, long since used to his Terrifying presence. "He decided it best to battle it himself, but I hope his pride doesn't cost him his sanity. Or his life, should he become a threat."

Temperance backed up a few steps, putting a hand on his Lex just in case it was Damin who emerged from the cocoon.

Good news, Cardina, is our sleeping friends seem to be waking up.  Bad news, I'm not sure which one.

Back up, load your Lex, get him to talk. The smart thing to do should be quite clear, based on what he says.

Edited by SnaleKing

After unpacking almost all of her things, Aran had left one crate untouched. I wonder if I should wait before let Her go? maybe I can get Gaia or Card's help as she seemed able enough to deal with this kind of stuff. F**k it I'll just taker Her out but keep Her in. Aran opens the last box, reveling a canister about the size of a small garbage bin, a small rectangular energy field acted as a window. Inside was a orb about the size of one of Vauban's ability spheres, the small mass began to pulsate as if reacting to Aran moving it. Aran heard Her inside her head.

So you finally let me back in, how long has it been, Aran? 20 years? 

Yea so I can deal with you. I guess I can't be alone in my thoughts from now on huh, Gandraya?

Gandraya, or Draya for short, is the result clone experiment gone wrong she had done with black market equipment 20 years ago. Aran and a few others were experimenting with the Technocyte virus and Argon crystals and a single mutant strand of the virus, that was unable to replicate its self due to Argon radation, was produced. The mutant strand was originally part of the virus in Aran's body which had some of her DNA and produced a viral sphere that when placed on the ground takes the exact same form of Aran with one difference, her eyes are Blood red.

"The Grineer are the main threat it seems to me. The Corpus are merchants and have done business with Tenno on quite a few occasions. If we remove the Grineer then the Corpus will be forced to do business with us as we will be their only remaining potential customers."

Gaia noticed Cardina was approaching, as did Mortos as the two were seated at the same table as Munin. They had been waiting for Munin to tell them just what he wished to speak with them about. Gaia looked to Cardina and smiled. "Greetings, Herald Cardina. I hope you have been able to find some rest today."

"That may be true, The grineer are warmongers, but the Corpus have done very horrible things to our brothers and sisters. Like that Miho girl..." His head slumped down remembering the tragic story that girl had told. "Even worse Alad V took the corpses of our fallen kin and turned them into an abomination, the war dog Zanuka. And now the Harvester models that came after it, abducting our brothers and sisters and dragging them away to a fate worse then death i'd imagine..."

"I won't forgive the Corpus, nor the Grineer. But my hatred for the Infestation is on a personal level." His voice grew angry, "That plague has taken much from me... My parents, my friends... Fellow Tenno i had known since my first days under the Lotus. I took their lives with my own two hands so they would not fall to the Infestation... i wanted them to be at peace..."

Tatsuya was breathing hard, 'A Zanuka!? The Council wasted 3 Tenno for this!? Mother Gaia needs to know about this! NOW!' before he left, he noticed Miho still asleep, he left her a note on the side, putting on his warframe, he rushed out of the ship and made his way to find Gaia.

Edited by Unendingblade

Tatsuya was breathing hard, 'A Zanuka!? The Council wasted 3 Tenno for this!? Mother Gaia needs to know about this! NOW!' before he left, he noticed Miho still asleep, he left her a note on the side, putting on his warframe, he rushed out of the ship and made his way to find Gaia.

Cardina noticed Tatsuya run into the cafeteria, and waved him down. Something's wrong, Miho isn't hanging off of him like a feather boa. "Tatsuya! What troubles you?"

Good news, Cardina, is our sleeping friend seems to be waking up.  Bad news, I'm not sure which one it is.

Now the infestation was starting to squirm in a very agitated manner. Vines started to move towards Temperance. The cocoon twisted and and shook, and the glow began to pulse at a very quick pace.

A fist burst through infested flesh.

Cardina noticed Tatsuya run into the cafeteria, and waved him down. Something's wrong, Miho isn't hanging off of him like a feather boa. "Tatsuya! What troubles you?"

Tatsuya just looks at Cardina with extreme worry, "Lady Cardina! Thank goodness you found me. There is something you need to know, when one of your members rescued me, Miho and the refugees, after that botched mission which left 3 of my brothers dead, there was a secondary objective the Council wanted us done, an unknown crate, it wasn't the release of the prisoners that tripped the alarm, it was that crate, when my brethren managed to move it, an alarm tripped which somehow got them killed. When you guys found me, the crate was also brought in, I never bothered with it until now, when I decide to check what was in it, I could not believe what I saw, inside the crate...... is a deactivated Zanuka."

Edited by Unendingblade

Now the infestation was starting to squirm in a very agitated manner. Vines started to move towards Temperance. The cocoon twisted and and shook, and the glow began to pulse at a very quick pace.

A fist burst through infested flesh.

Temperance winced, quickly sidestepping the wriggling vines.

Cardina's not going to be happy about this.

As best he could with his limited connection, he began to coax the plants aside, making way for Arkas, or Damin to emerge.  The safety on his Lex came off with a soft *click*

Aran placed, Draya on a shelf, and left her ship in search of Ty. I still barely know anyone here, hopefully once I tell Ty about Draya he can point me in the direction of someone who can help me. I fear Draya is just as powerful as me if she gets the chance she will kill everyone, she is me but with a different view of the world, just a bit more cheerful, in a slightly creepy way. Thankfully she can only get in my head if I'm close by.

Is that so?

Sh*t, Just how far do I have to be away form you?

You let me in, so I follow you where ever you go.

Fine I'll let you out but make sure you look different than me, say red highlights and energy colour to mach your eyes? Also when I do let you out, don't kill anyone, that's why I put you in that canister.

Fine. But can we both agree to stay away form Card?

yea, she still startles me

Aran returned to her ship to grab the canister Gandraya was sealed in and proceeded to go looking for Ty. Aran had not let Draya out yet for safety reasons.

Tatsuya just looks at Cardina with extreme worry, "Lady Cardina! Thank goodness you found me. There is something you need to know, when one of your members rescued me, Miho and the refugees, after that botched mission which left 3 of my brothers dead, there was a secondary objective the Council wanted us done, an unknown crate, it wasn't the release of the prisoners that tripped the alarm, it was that crate, when my brethren managed to move it, an alarm tripped which somehow got them killed. When you guys found me, the crate was also brought in, I never bothered with it until now, when I decide to check what was in it, I could not believe what I saw, inside the crate...... is a deactivated Zanuka."

As best he could with his limited connection, he began to coax the plants aside, making way for Arkas, or Damin to emerge.  The safety on his Lex came off with a soft *click*

"I don't see cause for alarm," Cardina replied coolly, as she pulled the vines away from Temperance and Arkas with a mental command. "It's deactivated. Do you suspect treachery where there is none? I can see why the Tenno Council would want to retrieve one intact, it would be greatly useful to study their construction and learn how best to neutralize them."

"I don't see cause for alarm," Cardina replied coolly, as she pulled the vines away from Temperance and Arkas with a mental command. "It's deactivated. Do you suspect treachery where there is none? I can see why the Tenno Council would want to retrieve one intact, it would be greatly useful to study their construction and learn how best to neutralize them."

Tatsuya calms down, "I'm sorry Lady Cardina, it's just, I lost three brothers thanks to that thing. Not to mention, the Council was willing to sacrifice me and my cell for it. The Corpus somehow knew we were coming, I just....."

Edited by Unendingblade

Ripping through the hardened flesh of the cocoon, the Ash emerged from his prison, dripping in blue liquid. He turned to face Temperance.

His eyes burned with green fire

"Hello Temperance..."

Damin grinned, showing rows of sharp teeth.

((React without shooting him please))

EDIT: ((Or at least without killing him))

Edited by Arkitect_Plexon

Tatsuya calms down, "I'm sorry Lady Cardina, it's just, I lost three brothers thanks to that thing. Not to mention, the Council was willing to sacrifice me and my cell for it. The Corpus somehow knew we were coming, I just....."

"Sit down," Cardina indicated the seat next to her. "You're a soldier. The greatest soldier the System has ever seen, a blessed Void-born Warrior-God of the ancient and supreme Orokin Empire." Her eyes narrowed at him. "For the God's sake, pull yourself together. We were made to die, violently, in WAR. Whether with our blades locked with our foes, spending our final breath spitting our last shred of defiance, or with a sniper's bullet to the back of our head, that is the fate and destiny of every Tenno! You can cry about it and waste the fury and skill you were bred with, or you can protect your brothers and sisters to fight for one more day, sending bullets and blades into every sack of slime that would oppose us."

Cardina gestured to Gaia and Mortos. "You are one of us now, an Acolyte of Chaos and Order and the balance between them. Make Gaia proud with every life you save, and sate Mortos with every soul you condemn to the Void."

Edited by SnaleKing

"That may be true, The grineer are warmongers, but the Corpus have done very horrible things to our brothers and sisters. Like that Miho girl..." His head slumped down remembering the tragic story that girl had told. "Even worse Alad V took the corpses of our fallen kin and turned them into an abomination, the war dog Zanuka. And now the Harvester models that came after it, abducting our brothers and sisters and dragging them away to a fate worse then death i'd imagine..."

"I won't forgive the Corpus, nor the Grineer. But my hatred for the Infestation is on a personal level." His voice grew angry, "That plague has taken much from me... My parents, my friends... Fellow Tenno i had known since my first days under the Lotus. I took their lives with my own two hands so they would not fall to the Infestation... i wanted them to be at peace..."

"I have heard of these Harvesters and Zanuka. I even fought in Gradivus, siding with the Grineer in an attempt to save some of our own. The Corpus are far from innocent after the way they have treated us as merchandise, selling our sleeping brothers and sisters and much more. However, starting a customer-client relationship with them and being their only customers would force some level of peace between us for a time. It would allow us time to rest and reorganize should we remove the Grineer."

"I have, Divinities, though I fear a whole hour may have been indulging myself. When I came back, Arkas was babbling about losing five minutes of his memory. I nearly brushed him aside, but it turned out he has a split personality, the result of Alad V's indoctrination." Cardina sat down next to Mortos, long since used to his Terrifying presence. "He decided it best to battle it himself, but I hope his pride doesn't cost him his sanity. Or his life, should he become a threat."

Gaia sighed softly. "No rest for the weary, it seems. However, it is good that you managed to get at least some rest. I hope that he can defeat the alternate personality implanted within him by the Defiler." It was sad, thinking of just how many lives Alad V had destroyed and how many more were left scarred. Even with his death, the pain he has caused still endured.

Mortos looked to Cardina. "Greetings, Herald Cardina. For the sake of our visitor, I hope he is able to overcome this trial or we may have to send his soul to the void so he may find peace."

"I have heard of these Harvesters and Zanuka. I even fought in Gradivus, siding with the Grineer in an attempt to save some of our own. The Corpus are far from innocent after the way they have treated us as merchandise, selling our sleeping brothers and sisters and much more. However, starting a customer-client relationship with them and being their only customers would force some level of peace between us for a time. It would allow us time to rest and reorganize should we remove the Grineer."

He rose from his chair and made for the door. "I will bid you a good evening Pyre. Do see your friend to a proper rest and try not to let him over indulge again. If you wish to continue our conversation i won't be too far." With that he left the chamber and made his way down the hall. He knew not where he was going but it didn't matter to him.

"Sit down," Cardina indicated the seat next to her. "You're a soldier. The greatest soldier the System has ever seen, a blessed Void-born Warrior-God of the ancient and supreme Orokin Empire." Her eyes narrowed at him. "For the God's sake, pull yourself together. We were made to die, violently, in WAR. Whether with our blades locked with our foes, spending our final breath spitting our last shred of defiance, or with a sniper's bullet to the back of our head, that is the fate and destiny of every Tenno! You can cry about it and waste the fury and skill you were bred with, or you can protect your brothers and sisters to fight for one more day, sending bullets and blades into every sack of slime that would oppose us."

Cardina gestured to Gaia and Mortos. "You are one of us now, an Acolyte of Chaos and Order and the balance between them. Make Gaia proud with every life you save, and sate Mortos with every soul you condemn to the Void."

Tatsuya steeled his resolve, "Thank you Lady Cardina, I needed that. I truly am blessed to have been found by the Church." his face darkened, "It still bothers me that Sun's Council would be willing to easily sacrifice a cell for a single Zanuka, not to mention the Corpus somehow knew we were coming, and that mission was top secret, only the Council and and Grand Master knew about the secondary objective." he turned to Cardina, "That is no ordinary Zanuka, and the fact the Council wanted it badly to willingly sacrifice Tenno like yesterday's trash, and I also think someone tipped the Corpus, there is no way that Alad V knew we were coming without someone telling him."

Tatsuya steeled his resolve, "Thank you Lady Cardina, I needed that. I truly am blessed to have been found by the Church." his face darkened, "It still bothers me that Sun's Council would be willing to easily sacrifice a cell for a single Zanuka, not to mention the Corpus somehow knew we were coming, and that mission was top secret, only the Council and and Grand Master knew about the secondary objective." he turned to Cardina, "That is no ordinary Zanuka, and the fact the Council wanted it badly to willingly sacrifice Tenno like yesterday's trash, and I also think someone tipped the Corpus, there is no way that Alad V knew we were coming without someone telling him."

Cardina shakes her head. "It's not just one Zanuka to mark off, Tatsuya, that's intel. Now every sniper and duelist in your former clan knows the weak points in the armor of one of our most dangerous enemies. That saves precious seconds in the time to dispatch them, making the difference between life and death for all who face them. You need to see the bigger picture, Tatsuya, and I don't mean fabricating conspiracies of your clan's leadership to take the sting from the pain of expulsion.

Still," Cardina sat back, steepling her fingers. "It is unusual that they would expel you for the failure of mission, one they knew would be extremely dangerous. However," she leaned forward again. "One should not attribute to conspiracy what can be explained by idiocy. I hardly think highly of the squabbling leaders that visited our Church, least of all the Frost. If their reason was blinded by grief, and they needed to blame someone for the loss of their friends, then I'm glad you are no longer obliged to carry out their foolish whims."

He rose from his chair and made for the door. "I will bid you a good evening Pyre. Do see your friend to a proper rest and try not to let him over indulge again. If you wish to continue our conversation i won't be too far." With that he left the chamber and made his way down the hall. He knew not where he was going but it didn't matter to him.

"I bid you a good evening." As the door closed behind Tyranis, she laid down to rest next to Shinkiro. She put an arm around him just to make sure that if he did try anything, she would likely be awakened in the process.

Mortos, who had been seated right next to Cardina, thought about the Zanuka model that Tatsuya had in the crate aboard his ship. "As the Corpus will be attacking soon and they have Harvesters at their disposal, it would be best that we get that Zanuka to the energy lab for study. There is not much time but we may yet find a way to neutralize them more efficiently if an inactive one is studied."

Gaia looked to Tatsuya as she thought about what she had heard. "That the Corpus seemed to know you were coming definitely makes it seem something was amiss." Maybe the mole hiding aboard the derelict might have had something to do with Tatsuya's last mission.

Cardina shakes her head. "It's not just one Zanuka to mark off, Tatsuya, that's intel. Now every sniper and duelist in your former clan knows the weak points in the armor of one of our most dangerous enemies. That saves precious seconds in the time to dispatch them, making the difference between life and death for all who face them. You need to see the bigger picture, Tatsuya, and I don't mean fabricating conspiracies of your clan's leadership to take the sting from the pain of expulsion.

Still," Cardina sat back, steepling her fingers. "It is unusual that they would expel you for the failure of mission, one they knew would be extremely dangerous. However," she leaned forward again. "One should not attribute to conspiracy what can be explained by idiocy. I hardly think highly of the squabbling leaders that visited our Church, least of all the Frost. If their reason was blinded by grief, and they needed to blame someone for the loss of their friends, then I'm glad you are no longer obliged to carry out their foolish whims."

Mortos, who had been seated right next to Cardina, thought about the Zanuka model that Tatsuya had in the crate aboard his ship. "As the Corpus will be attacking soon and they have Harvesters at their disposal, it would be best that we get that Zanuka to the energy lab for study. There is not much time but we may yet find a way to neutralize them more efficiently if an inactive one is studied."

Gaia looked to Tatsuya as she thought about what she had heard. "That the Corpus seemed to know you were coming definitely makes it seem something was amiss." Maybe the mole hiding aboard the derelict might have had something to do with Tatsuya's last mission.

Tatsuya nodded at Mortos, "Of all my 5-6 years of service for the Sun, never has this happened, of all the missions why this one? What could have been gained from killing 4 Tenno?" Tatsuya's eyes widened, "No, the three were just a means to an end, I was the one supposed to die......" he grits his teeth, slams his fists on the table and growls, "DESOLAS!"

Edited by Unendingblade

Ansilm had fallen asleep but was waken up by alarm of a Tenno hunter aka Zanuka somewhere "F*** please leave me alone for a moment" he mumbled while being half way awake but alarm sound went in to siren state "WHAT?!" he shouted and looked on the HUD "A Zanuka in vicinity? What's this s***?" he asked from himself quickly clicking the pad on the left side of his seat putting the seat back to straight position. "It is at the place where I was? Now this is strange. Ship's radar doesn't give any signature about Corpus ships even" he said "Well what about you just go check it out?" CB 12 asked "I am old but not stupid" Ansilm responded.

Turned his ship towards the church's docking station took his weapons to kill these hunters fast as possible calibrated the rifle of his for maximal damage. As the ship docked back he hopped off and followed the radar on his HUD found out that the hunter is on visitor's ship. "What the hell is this visitor even damn thinking?!" he gasped and took out a diary of his and pen draws the ship on it to empty open then puts them back to pocket and tries to find the owners of the ship but released more curses about the dumbness of the person who ever brought a Zanuka to this place.

Tatsuya nodded at Mortos, "Of all my 5-6 years of service for the Sun, never has this happened, of all the missions why this one? What could have been gained from killing 4 Tenno?" Tatsuya's eyes widened, "No, the three were just a means to an end, I was the one supposed to die......" he grits his teeth, slams his fists on the table and growls, "DESOLAS!"

Gaia sighed softly. "I wouldn't put it past him, based on what I have seen and heard but we can't make accusations without concrete evidence. Unless we are sure, we cannot afford to point fingers. Though I can say this. Whoever it is that wishes you harm, they will regret having made themselves and enemy of the Tenno and by extension, the church."

"Calm yourself, Tatsuya, or have my words left your head so quickly?" Cardina's glare was as cold and piercing as an icicle. "Act like the Tenno the Church needs, and the man Miho deserves. There's nothing you can do about your old clan, or that idiot Desolas. Let it go, and focus on what you can change in the future, rather than regretting the past."