The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Door Heroes

YourBusDriver

again, these are mechanics problems...  is gameplay improved by making everyone stand on top of eachother when the enemies already fall over like grass in the wind?  if i show up sword alone, and there's a nova around, you can be damn sure i don't want to be anywhere near them, because they make swordplay a frustrating exercise in impotent futility (read: boredom).  give me one freakin reason other than "i want affinity and drops"

yes, actually it is, but while we are stuck with current game mechanics as flawed as they can be, a positive team work attitude is expected since we all choose to join public coop games, if not we can just play solo, again yes this happens because game mechanics are contradictory and reward being close together but do nothing to actually make us stay together.

yes, actually it is, but while we are stuck with current game mechanics as flawed as they can be, a positive team work attitude is expected since we all choose to join public coop games, if not we can just play solo, again yes this happens because game mechanics are contradictory and reward being close together but do nothing to actually make us stay together.

Playing with real life friends is much more rewarding. Playing with strangers, and/or clan members can be cool too - you just run the risk of bad apples. 

Really this would just make me mad.

It seems more like a slap in the face to me.

"Hey remember that asswad who kept camping the spawn room? Let me rub in your face all that xp you didn't get and he did! Hahaha!"

it'd work both ways

he/she would see the xp missed because they where fighting on outside of the main tile

TBH, let them do what they want. If they want to kill, and get exp, then why is it their fault that you're not close enough to get it, or the drops? Just follow them, grab the drops, and go back to cowering by the pod. As frost, I globe the pod every 30 seconds, but for 15 of them I am nowhere near it. I go, kill, check on the pod, then kill some more. I get levels, defend the pod, and have much more fun then being the "You sit this one out" in every action movie, ever.

Sarava! This is it exactly you don't have to be a door hero to have fun but sitting like a bump on a log is going to get you no where. If things are going badly or I'm not feeling much like a ninja then I sit by the pod and make sure nothing makes it through, otherwise DE gave us plenty of acrobatics and a cool new melee system I fully intend to use.

But by all means continue to troll or cry over players not playing the way you wish, because DE will definately care ^.^ Fail your missions that will show them!

Edited by raikien

Sarava! This is it exactly you don't have to be a door hero to have fun but sitting like a bump on a log is going to get you no where. If things are going badly or I'm not feeling much like a ninja then I sit by the pod and make sure nothing makes it through, otherwise DE gave us plenty of acrobatics and a cool new melee system I fully intend to use.

But by all means continue to troll or cry over players not playing the way you wish, because DE will definately care ^.^ Fail your missions that will show them!

Its not about the way people wish is about the smartest choice, YOU and all stupid door heroes like you try to make everyone play the way you wish.

If you intend to play the way you want without taking into account what the team wants and what is indisputably the smartest choice they play by all means (as you said) alone.

How many times will you try to force your flaw logic here? it is very clear, everytime you comment you insist that all of us as individuals can choose how to play, and that you will play as you want regarless of how that upsets and sabotages the rest of the team, you clearly dont give one single fck about your fellow tenno, that being said DO NOT JOIN PUBLIC GAMES, or join them, but be aware that you ARE in fact and again indisputably the rotten apple : D.

Edited by Orbister

again, these are mechanics problems...  is gameplay improved by making everyone stand on top of eachother when the enemies already fall over like grass in the wind?  if i show up sword alone, and there's a nova around, you can be damn sure i don't want to be anywhere near them, because they make swordplay a frustrating exercise in impotent futility (read: boredom).  give me one freakin reason other than "i want affinity and drops"

I understand your statement - everyone wants to have fun, thats the point of a game after all, but please please tell me that you see the contradictions in what you just said. 

"Nova makes game boring for me when only melee, because I never get to guys" is essentially the same things as "Sword door hero makes game boring for me because I never see any guys".

Honestly, there's no total win in this situation: you can reward everybody, causing an influx of afkers, or you can punish those who stay near the objective when DH's are around (by them missing out on rewards or whatnot). Considering the game is so heavily based on cooperation, I think I would prefer them to influence afkers to be more predominant and then implement a way of dealing with that (idle timers, vote-kicks, whatever), that way the game still feels cooperative if someone wants to hole up at a choke point and keep things safe that way. I mean, it's a totally practical solution at times (although if i have to chose objective or rezzing a downed person 5 rooms away, someone's bleeding out).

YOu people and your door heroes issues. You always whine about it and the same thing gets regurgitated by everyone then the topic ends then it begins again with the same regurgitated crap. No one ever says anything new. It's always let the pod die or the same fix suggested before or some humorous story which is someone else's sob story. It's like watching reruns.

YOu people have limited imagination.

And as usual, the Devs do nothing.

Edited by SirAuron

YOu people and your door heroes issues. You always whine about it and the same thing gets regurgitated by everyone then the topic ends then it begins again with the same regurgitated crap. No one ever says anything new. It's always let the pod die or the same fix suggested before or some humorous story which is someone else's sob story. It's like watching reruns.

YOu people have limited imagination.

And as usual, the Devs do nothing.

And don't forget to mention hypocritical too.

Its not about the way people wish is about the smartest choice, YOU and all stupid door heroes like you try to make everyone play the way you wish.

If you intend to play the way you want without taking into account what the team wants and what is indisputably the smartest choice they play by all means (as you said) alone.

How many times will you try to force your flaw logic here? it is very clear, everytime you comment you insist that all of us as individuals can choose how to play, and that you will play as you want regarless of how that upsets and sabotages the rest of the team, you clearly dont give one single fck about your fellow tenno, that being said DO NOT JOIN PUBLIC GAMES, or join them, but be aware that you ARE in fact and again indisputably the rotten apple : D.

:D I love that you actually think I'm a door hero. I play alone or with my friends. I just can't vouch for you telling others how to play especially as disrespectful as you are. When I do play in silly defense missions for alerts or whatever I'm usually the only one with an eye on the pod. Doesn't matter to me so long as we pass the mission. Really though who are you to say my logic is flawed? In fact if your so smart what is your solution to the problem through the thread I and other have proposed solutions and you've disrespected them each time. You can't just blast others and expect they'll just 'learn' and cooperate. Maybe a blacklist would be a nice solution that way you don't have to play with door heroes and I won't have to play with grumpy elitists. Lmao apple huh? Well that is fine with me because your a lot worse. It's very clear each and everytime you comment that you insist you are above all others and your logic is law. How's that working for you?

Edited by raikien

I've been rolling Kiste in a way that benefits everyone recently.

I roll a full Desecrate Nekros and politely ask everyone to stay near the pod so I can Desecrate mobs better. The benefits of everyone cooperating can be clearly seen in the mission report with the number of upgrades and kill counts.

and this thread still lives....

in my C&C Generals angry mob voice:

New Deadly traps for everybody!!!!....YEA!!!!!

I don't know why it continues... perhaps DE should pin it as a Generic Door Hero Complaint and Rage Forum so as to avoid flooding General Discussion with similar posts. 

Although some good suggestions have come out of this - I think this shenanigan has dragged on long enough, and I really am powerless to stop my own creation (f*** you Mary Shelley). 

I guess as long as there is a door hero that still breathes this discussion (if you could call it that) will continue indefinitely. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

I've been rolling Kiste in a way that benefits everyone recently.

I roll a full Desecrate Nekros and politely ask everyone to stay near the pod so I can Desecrate mobs better. The benefits of everyone cooperating can be clearly seen in the mission report with the number of upgrades and kill counts.

I think you clearly have the best solution, asking politely. It definitely works, especially since a lot of door heroes doont know that they aren't arnold schwarzenegger.

Edited by Shreiko