Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Melee Weapon Idea.

Cyberhazard

Hello Warframe community and DE,

First of all I apologize, my English is not perfect, not my main language and I learned it by myself ( Thanks internet ) and even with research, I didnt found any post with the same idea of this type of weapons. If I posted this in the wrong section, please move it to the right location.

Well. I have an Idea about new melee type weapons that can fit with the Dark Sector hommage that are Proto Excalibur Skin ( Hayden Tenno ) and his Glaive. And of course, with the Warframe world.

What about introducing a type of device that change your right arm into a deadly weapon ? I mean,  a blade like arm.

For the Orokin, Corpus and Grineer models if can be a sort of heavy bracer that open and deploy around your arm and hand to take the shape of a melee weapon ( sword, axe, scythe ) for slashing damages / piercing and a sort of hammer or mace for Impact damages.

For the infested one it wil be a mutation of the whole arm with a double blade.

The weapon will not be showed up or noticable until you hit with it or press F to equip it

With the new melee 2.0 and the stances combo system, I think it would be epic.

I got this Idea when I was playing again on Dark Sector, and I admit my dream is to play the "Nemesis" from this game in Warframe, since he's a frame too.

To make you understand this whole idea,  here is some pictures of the Nemesis himself, he look a little like Nyx, but in a heavy male version and without mental powers like our lovely frame is:

288382_full.jpg
dibujouh0.png

So, what do you think about it ? Maybe it's not a clearly "NEW" idea, and maybe DE is working on a thing like it , but you,  players,  would you be glad to see it in game ? Slasing the bodies of your enemies with this kind of thing ?

Thanks for your time.

To be honest, a nem frame would be sick for the next Female (because it's not a he, but a she, Nadia somethin or another if i remember right) 

A way we could prolly introduce her would be by having her as an infected based warframe that is researched in the bio lab :O 

Her lore could be something like A lone Tenno operative has just found something very disturbing... It's the remains of the nemesis, it was found in an infested ship and has been heavily altered throughout the years. It has gone through an astonishing evolution managing to fuse with the infestation and drawing power from it. Or something like that i dunno xD But yeah it would be kind of cool to see this in warframe, i mean as a boss nemesis was okay, but if we make it an infested warframe, well the sky is the limit. That and making it an infested warframe wouldn't be to lore breaking i suppose since the Nemesis was capable of inflicting the Technocyte virus to Hayden. 

I wanna see this so you get my +1 :P  

Thanks mate ^^ I knew it was a female inside but physically, it's a male frame with a lady inside :p but yeah, a whole new frame would be sick and epic, but I guess DE will say  Nyx was already inspired by her ( for the helmet ) so they wouldn't create it. Maybe as a skin, but if it's a skin, they would create the weapon type I mentionned earlier.  For the infested Frame I would be happy to see it coming. Saryn is a poison frame, not infested and Necro a death frame.  Physically and by their powers, they are "close" to it but totaly different.  And  even if in Warframe the Technocyte is not the componnent of the Frame ( armor ) himself, it can be turned it. As the Technocyte is a virus, it will turn the frame into a bio-living-armor-of-hell. and if the look if the infested frame is not the Nemesis, it still can be a skin as Proto Excalibur. :)

I had my own fantasies about Melee 2.0's channelling system too. Channel to overload your chosen melee weapon with your frame energy. Morph it into something else (that arm blade too) that is completely devastating but takes a huge toll on your frame energy as well.

So people wouldn't make Channelling the new Melee attack but still keep it fresh and fun. 

I hope this idea was already in DE's mind before I posted it. It would be sick to see it in game, For the weapons AND the Nemesis Frame ( as a playable frame)  even if this topic dont get alot of +1, I know alot of people will enjoy this type of blades. it could even be a deep jump into infested universe, and a possibility to release more info about them, like some Orokin's stories about the experiments etc.  I just hope this idea will not fall down into the void of the oblivion.  Thanks for the support on this post, even if it's nothing compared to some players's ideas and creations. It's a transport from a DE's corrupted univers to their free one. and to be honnest, if they do it.. I'll buy it asap. Still sad to miss the Proto skin from few days.

Thanks mate ^^ I knew it was a female inside but physically, it's a male frame with a lady inside :p but yeah, a whole new frame would be sick and epic, but I guess DE will say  Nyx was already inspired by her ( for the helmet ) so they wouldn't create it. Maybe as a skin, but if it's a skin, they would create the weapon type I mentionned earlier.  For the infested Frame I would be happy to see it coming. Saryn is a poison frame, not infested and Necro a death frame.  Physically and by their powers, they are "close" to it but totaly different.  And  even if in Warframe the Technocyte is not the componnent of the Frame ( armor ) himself, it can be turned it. As the Technocyte is a virus, it will turn the frame into a bio-living-armor-of-hell. and if the look if the infested frame is not the Nemesis, it still can be a skin as Proto Excalibur. :)

this pretty much sums it up :P 

But yeah in the little lore thingy i made up at like 6am xD i said that it could be altered by the infestation or something so that could open it up to a newish look while having it still based on the old frame itself. And to fix the look issue we could just alter how the head looks drastically, but keeping the general idea of the arm blade. 

Either way, male or female, this could be a new tanky frame like rhino or valkyr but built for melee 2.0 :D 

As for skills the Ability one could be the activation of the arm blade, reactivating it would shoot the blade as a projectile

Ability 2 can be a personal shield cover that prevents you from shooting, but deflects bullets for a short time or 

Ability 2 can be like contagion on the saryn, except it charges your weapons with electricity and unlike contagion and volt shield, this one works with Damage 2.0 where you can mix elements with it, I.E if you're using a heat orthos you can make it a radiation orthos by using this skill. Kill two new game systems in one frame :D 

Ability 3 can be where the Nemisis frame lunges forward and impales your melee weapon through the enemy, if they are killed they turn into an infested ally and depending on the type of enemy it will change them accordingly.

Ability 4 you raise your blade in the air and beginning channeling electricity, this draws all the agro off your allies and turns them towards you. While you're channeling energy you take less damage (like link i suppose) and those enemies who melee you will take electric damage back, (stacks with retribution) you can choose how long you charge it by letting it charge up to like 3-5 stacks each stack taking about 3 seconds i suppose. The last stack being very very powerful due to the long charge time and for being vulnerable the whole time. Similar to Nyx absorb, but not gaining damage from being hit, unless the damage type is electric. Then you proceed to slam your blade into the ground causing blades to surge out of the ground impaling all the enemies around you with electrically charged blades.

I dunno, lol that's just my idea for abilities xD 

Edited by zebar1313

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the long silence, things IRL ,   to think  and to do.  But actually dude, I like your Idea,  of course it should be adjusted to not being 'OP' and not making other frames Useless.  but your Ideas could bring a fresh meat into the game. 

I really like the Idea of an infested frame,  a frame who didnt turned entirely into a infested ant who only thing through the Hive, But infested enough to turn enemies into infested allies.  But how to turn it so it dont look like a Nyx's ability upgrade ? weaker infested than the "real" ones ?

The "Rush => Impale" sell me dreams.

Even if Excalibur or Valkyr are "Melee oriented" frames, I feel like it's not enough Melee typed.  Melee 2.0 tend to bring the melee useless as the ranged weapons with less "no brain press E" actions.  Actually, the Real Melee frame is Stalker ( Slash Dash,  Smoke bomb , Absorb ? all for close quarter combat,  Well, Dispel is ... OP but that's the Stalker Signature)