Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You Shadows Of Vengance, We Miss You.

Ameretat

After just realizing they lost Hieracon, and with the...scandal...of the new owners, I felt like an appreciation thread was needed (and if it's been done, sorry)

We love you Shadows, and we will await your glorious return with baited breath.

Additionally, yeah, this whole 'tax thing' with the new owners...if it's true and its due to it being unchangeable, DE, after the holidays...yeah...needs fixing. But more realistically, it's greed. - you can see the issue on their topic. Follow the nodes link.

Also,  to all the clans who attack 0% rails, claiming they'll also put 0% on...why? You're just going to be bleeding resources repairing the rail...*sigh* exercise in futility. 

Finally. The original thread made by the new Hieracon owners 'explanation' for the taxes ended up being locked...why? I always thought 'political intrigue' was EXACTLY what DE wanted? I know Steve specifically said he wanted it. So  it's amusing that when things finally heat up, bam. It ends up locked. 

Edit; cleaned up a bit, removed outdated Easter message, and will forward all new readers to the end, where it's derailed slightly making this OP less relevant than before.

Edited by Ameretat

ehm, what?

Translation: Shadow of vengeance had 0% tax rails. In the last event one of the rails were overthrown and the new owners instantly slapped on a 20% tax, rather than uphold the tradition that they said they respected.

Insert outrage here.

Translation: Shadow of vengeance had 0% tax rails. In the last event one of the rails were overthrown and the new owners instantly slapped on a 20% tax, rather than uphold the tradition that they said they respected.

Insert outrage here.

but why does that clan have new owners?

Keep on attacking those 0% rails, folks.

I love watching the tears.

You missed the subtle intricacies, if you read it and heard tears. It's an ironic mockery of modern communication displayed via online mediums.

Clearly, the wit is wasted.

That's the most ironic thing I have ever read.

You missed the subtle intricacies, if you read it and heard tears. It's an ironic mockery of modern communication displayed via online mediums.

Clearly, the wit is wasted.

You sure?

Someone using obscure words to make a point, much be pretentious.

Obscure? No.

Needlessly wordy when the very same thing could have been summed up for a fraction of the word count? Definitely.

Being wordy doesn't make you deep or intelligent.

Obscure? No.

Needlessly wordy when the very same thing could have been summed up for a fraction of the word count? Definitely.

Being wordy doesn't make you deep or intelligent.

I didn't realize anyone, much less myself, made any claims to being "deep or intelligent" I just choose to make full use of the language. However, you appear to be arguing for the sake of arguing, perhaps so you can 'win' so you come across as the intelligent being you mentioned earlier?

Insert outrage here.

just maybe the new owners jumped back down to reality?

just maybe the new owners jumped back down to reality?

That wouldn't be so bad, if they were upfront and honest about it. 

The problem is, they lied to gain support, and they are now claiming it's an accident and will be fixed, which is their way of gaining support to defend, with the chance of the high taxes remaining. It's the principle of it, more so than a few less credits and resources.

I love how people started complaining at first about clans not adding taxes to the use of Solar Rails. Now there are taxes everywhere and people is starting to hate each other.

personally i think thats what makes this whole dark sector fun.

personally i think thats what makes this whole dark sector fun.

As stated in the OP, that was DE's original intention with it. It's the thing that actually CREATES longevity.

Think about it, with 0% taxes, it's just another node. Big deal. But throw in rivalry and hatred? You have a REASON to content the rails for more than just more credits and resources, you have to 'take dem sons of beeshes down' which DOES create a certain type of endgame. 

It's just sad that people are actually doing it, feels manipulative, as if we are nothing but puppets with Steve pulling the strings. Spose it was fairly predictably inevitable. 

That wouldn't be so bad, if they were upfront and honest about it. 

The problem is, they lied to gain support, and they are now claiming it's an accident and will be fixed, which is their way of gaining support to defend, with the chance of the high taxes remaining. It's the principle of it, more so than a few less credits and resources.

Well, hey, it's been proven to work...

It's a one shot wonder, it shouldn't work for them, or anyone else, for a while.

I say should, because unfortunately human stupidity never ceases to amaze me. 

Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong...

Nobody like to be trick or manipulate but it happen. That how politic works, unfortunately. Make empty promises to win. If its true, I understand why they do it, maintaining a war is expensive indeed. I like to see how they fair next time though. hehehe...

It won't. The number of players who actually read the forums is minimal in comparison to the overall number of players. People are going to get in-game, see the high taxes, and support the challengers simply because they're offering lower taxes.

That's the nature of the system, and an appeal on the forums isn't going to stop that.