Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Internal To External Storage.

ArcAngelZz

Some of us still use Androids with 512Ram, and that's also where all of our apps are saved onto.

Upon our first launch of the Nexus app, it starts to download the local cache.

Now here's the problem; it saves the cache onto our internal storage. So basically if we have 100Ram left, we'd have about 50 left upon completion.
I suggest having the cache being download onto our External SD cards.
Try

<manifest>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />

</manifest>

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/data-storage.html

I really hope you consider this. Looking forward to actually being able to use the app.

I know. But 512 Ram Androids use the 512MB as both the Ram and /root storage.

If you check your Applications manager in settings, you'd see at the bottom how much Ram is left. If you delete an app, the Ram's amount will increase.

And I do use Warframe Utility. Though I'd really like to try out the official thing.

Edited by ArcAngelZz

Some of us still use Androids with 512Ram, and that's also where all of our apps are saved onto.

Upon our first launch of the Nexus app, it starts to download the local cache.

Now here's the problem; it saves the cache onto our internal storage. So basically if we have 100Ram left, we'd have about 50 left upon completion.

I suggest having the cache being download onto our External SD cards.

Try

<manifest>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />

</manifest>

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/data-storage.html

I really hope you consider this. Looking forward to actually being able to use the app.

That won't let you move the app to the SD card - that only lets the app write data to the SD card (once it's installed) - instead, you'd need the following attribute to be added to the manifest tag:

android:installLocation="auto"

RAM is not a data storage, RAM is operating memory. It is used to process data, not keep it.

Besides, Nexus is pretty crappy app. I recommend Warframe Utility.

Thanks for using my app - any problems, just let me know :-)

And yep, you're correct about RAM

I know. But 512 Ram Androids use the 512MB as both the Ram and /root storage.

If you check your Applications manager in settings, you'd see at the bottom how much Ram is left. If you delete an app, the Ram's amount will increase.

And I do use Warframe Utility. Though I'd really like to try out the official thing.

The reason that the RAM usage is reduced is because when you close an app in Android, it doesn't actually close - the Android system hides it (caches it, to be precise) in the background, so it boots up faster next time - when you uninstall the app, the cached version of the app is removed from the RAM

And also thanks for using my app - again, any problems, just let me know :-)

I recommend app like Clean Master to clean your RAM. It has a nice widget, and in two taps can free your RAM from 90% usage to 60%.

Apps like those are absolute hell for Android developers - instead of using them, you should just let the Android system learn over time which apps need to be closed, and when - if you keep using these task-killer apps then Android never learns, and so never learns that the app needs to be closed. Also, data loss/corruption is far more likely if you use them :P

Well, I was using task manager to clear my RAM every once in a while, but I've found this app to free more space. Besides, that's the only thing that keeps my phone alive, it can freeze while playing music for example. I probably won't use any booster apps when I get any new phone, but untill then I need to do what I can.

I'll keep in mind what you said, though. Thanks for the tip.

That won't let you move the app to the SD card - that only lets the app write data to the SD card (once it's installed) - instead, you'd need the following attribute to be added to the manifest tag:

android:installLocation="auto"

I'm not trying to move the app to my SD card. I want it to write into the SD card.

The problem with it is that if I delete my cache, I'd have to redownload the app's cache.

So I find myself going in circles.

Plus, I'm not a big fan of task manager apps. I just enable ZRam and use Autostarts to save up some Ram upon booting up my device.

I'm not trying to move the app to my SD card. I want it to write into the SD card.

The problem with it is that if I delete my cache, I'd have to redownload the app's cache.

So I find myself going in circles.

Plus, I'm not a big fan of task manager apps. I just enable ZRam and use Autostarts to save up some Ram upon booting up my device.

Since I assume you are already rooted, you can workaround this for now by add a symlink (using link2sd or ln from the command line) for the app's cache directory to the sdcard instead.