Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Plague - An Infested Style Tenno

rockthatwoodx

So the other day I read that the Tenno actually have the Infested virus in them, but they are immune/resistant to it and that's what grants them the ability to use the Warframes. Also explains why Phorid seems confused why you are attacking [your own flesh].

Someone clarified for me that the Tenno keep the Technocyte virus at bay, which is what gives them powers while not mutating.

Anyways, my friend had come up with the idea of an infested warframe a while back, and today we finally crafted our idea of a very fun, viable, lore-friendly Warframe: Plague.

So the idea behind this is: What if the Tenno allowed the Technocyte to take more control?

Imagine if a Tenno was starting to be consumed by the virus (or, if my information is wrong, imagine if the Tenno was exposed to infested too long and got infected by the virus). The Tenno, however, is strong enough to control and harness the powers of the infested. The Tenno learns new powers and uses these powers to continue the defense of the Galaxy and the cleansing of Infested.

The new warframe would be specialized to let the Technocyte take a bit more control while still keeping it at bay. This would allow the Tenno to access new powers but also mutating it a bit.

So, anyways, we haven't come up with any concept art but here are the powers and stats that we have worked out.

Base Stats:

Shields:  50     (150 at lvl 30)

Health:   200    (600 at lvl 30)

Armor:    10      (10 at lvl 30)

Energy:  150    (225 at lvl 30)

Stamina: 80

Sprint Speed: 1.25 (tied with Loki)

Abilities:

-Hivemind   25

The Tenno harnesses the Infested ability of a hivemind, linking the minds of all teammates. All enemies and loot/mods within 20/25/30/35 meters of teammates will show up on each team member's map for 10/15/20/25 seconds.

-Genetic Dissolution   50

Plague breaks itself down to the molecular level (would look like a mist) and can pass through enemies for 3/5/7/9 seconds, while dealing 40/60/80/100 damage per second to all enemies within the mist's radius (3/6/9/12).

-Toxic Form   75

Plague grants itself and allies a toxic aura of 3 meters that deals 40 Toxin damage per second for 7/8/9/10 seconds, and restores health by 4/6/8/10% of damage dealt.

-Succumb   100

The Tenno gives in to his Infested tendencies and allows the virus to take full control of his body, granting a speed buff of 1.5x (making his speed 1.875) as well as a melee buff for 6/8/10/12 seconds. During this period, Plague's arm mutates into a synthetic blade and may only use melee attacks. The melee buff will be calculated as [equipped melee weapon base dmg + 120 slash dmg]. If you do not have melee equipped, then you will do the 120 slash damage. In addition, each hit done with melee during this period will have a 100% chance to proc slash/bleeding.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. I feel like these stats and powers are very well balanced and give a great new mixture of gameplay while providing some tankiness, CC and support abilities. If anyone would like to create a concept design, or offer suggestions on stat changes for this I'd be more than pleased.

Credit to El_noodles for the concept on the frame and on some abilities

Credit to Sasquatch180 for new Hivemind concept

EDIT: made some changes to energy and armor

EDIT 2: changed the way Hivemind works

EDIT 3: changed back story and functions a bit

Edited by rockthatwoodx

5 armor really do you want to get one-shotted by everything

The reasoning for 5 armor is because infested lack armor. And I figured the big health pool would counter that. I'm not exactly sure what the numbers are on armor damage resistance, I just based that number off of other frames and wanted it to be a lower number. Of course some of these can be changed.

I like this idea, +1.

However I feel the first ability should either be renamed or reworked, as that to me does not seem like a Hivemind type of ability so much as a sense enhancer,

An example I have of a Hivemind ability at work would be linking up to other Tenno, who will then be given some sort of notification of what the other Tenno see/do. 

For example, if Plague activates this ability and one of the Tenno runs ahead to scout, the other Tenno who stayed behind will be alerted of the enemies he sees. Or if one of the Tenno separated from the group starts attacking the others will be notified that he is.

I like this idea, +1.

However I feel the first ability should either be renamed or reworked, as that to me does not seem like a Hivemind type of ability so much as a sense enhancer,

An example I have of a Hivemind ability at work would be linking up to other Tenno, who will then be given some sort of notification of what the other Tenno see/do. 

For example, if Plague activates this ability and one of the Tenno runs ahead to scout, the other Tenno who stayed behind will be alerted of the enemies he sees. Or if one of the Tenno separated from the group starts attacking the others will be notified that he is.

This is great. It could work as you said with the scouting: when an ally runs ahead and sees enemies, those enemies are then pointed out on your radar, as well as loot/mods.

This is great. It could work as you said with the scouting: when an ally runs ahead and sees enemies, those enemies are then pointed out on your radar, as well as loot/mods.

Also could I make another suggestion? What if Genetic Dissolution has a chance to proc Toxin, with the proc chance, along with DoT damage, enhanced by Power mods?

Stats too OP.

First ability is Sonar without damage boost.

Second is a mobile Undertow,

Third is nice.

Fourth is weakened Hysteria.

tl;dr: learn to be original.

Hardly any shields and armor to be OP

Changed the way first power works

Second is similar but very, very different from undertow

Same with four; similar but quite different

Also could I make another suggestion? What if Genetic Dissolution has a chance to proc Toxin, with the proc chance, along with DoT damage, enhanced by Power mods?

I'm just afraid that with the already-present DoT from GD, adding a Toxin DoT would make it a bit too powerful. But maybe it could be reworked to do less damage with a chance to proc or just do Toxin dmg as the DoT.

I guess I'm just being hopeful since a couple other ideas have thousands of views

The trick is timing any bumps with either the NA or EU playtimes.  Preferably both, which means posting between 14:00 and 18:00 GMT for the most views during the day.  Advertise your thread in others threads, PM those you see have some interest or you think might, try to get artwork done for your concept. (art makes a -huge- difference.)  Also, if you can get a well known community member with a youtube channel to showcase your concept, you pretty much have it made.  It comes down to marketing, SEO, and playing the clock if you want your idea to take off.

As for your concept on it's own, two points I'd like to make.  First is the energy pool seems too large.  Secondly, There are a lot of these "infested change a tenno into -insert idea here-"  going around right now, so the timing is poor with all the other similar ideas running around.  Otherwise it seems okay.  

The trick is timing any bumps with either the NA or EU playtimes.  Preferably both, which means posting between 14:00 and 18:00 GMT for the most views during the day.  Advertise your thread in others threads, PM those you see have some interest or you think might, try to get artwork done for your concept. (art makes a -huge- difference.)  Also, if you can get a well known community member with a youtube channel to showcase your concept, you pretty much have it made.  It comes down to marketing, SEO, and playing the clock if you want your idea to take off.

As for your concept on it's own, two points I'd like to make.  First is the energy pool seems too large.  Secondly, There are a lot of these "infested change a tenno into -insert idea here-"  going around right now, so the timing is poor with all the other similar ideas running around.  Otherwise it seems okay.  

Thank you. Really. I will try to work on some concept art. I'm just bad at thinking of a design.

And I thought the energy pool might be too big, but I thought it helped balance out the low shields and armor. I'll tweak it.

Thank you. Really. I will try to work on some concept art. I'm just bad at thinking of a design.

And I thought the energy pool might be too big, but I thought it helped balance out the low shields and armor. I'll tweak it.

Yeah, i wish I could draw for concept art myself, but to no luck seeing as I can't draw anything vaguely humanoid no matter how hard I try.  Landscapes?  Sure.  Weapons / mechanical parts?  sure.  Living creatures / people?  nope.  

But yeah,