The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking & Dodging

AshenHaze

They just don't seem effective or even usefull in the least.

When I look at the new set-up for the Hyena pack, which is awesome mind you, but still intense. They're dodging, zipping, and flying across the room more than our space ninjas.

I understand the concept of fighting something stronger for challenge. But it's like our warframes are literal jokes compared to their maneuvers. Not to mention, blocking shots from a lot of different enemies is fun (especially with Reflection mod) but it still feels as if defense (except on a few frames, namely Rhino) is completely overlooked.

Anybody else thinking what I'm thinking? I feel like with current warframe mod set-ups, adding the appropirate stamina-based mods to approach this leaves a gaping hole in the overall effectiveness.

I agree. The newest Hyena Pack rehaul is the prime example of what Warframe combat could/should be like, if we were to focus on fulfilling the "Ninja" archetype.

Blocking is now a reliable damage mitigation (that is not affected by how many shield/armor/health mods you can cram into the slots), which is one of the things we needed for a long time, but still doesn't reward skill. Parrying is still near useless, especially since it's only usable on a handful of trash-mobs (that usually die from one hit of a regular swing anyways). Both of these reward progression, rely on modding to be effective. 

Reflection is pretty broken, but it's an interesting mechanic at least.

Dodging/Wallclimbing/Wallrunning would still be great features to add depth to Warframe's gameplay imo. Maneuvers that reward skill would enhance the combat experience in the long run. Still see no hint of them ever happening.

Which is why I love the Hyena Pack now. Even though people may argue that they are easy (Nova M-Prime abuse, Rhino Stomp abuse, Mag Shield Polarize abuse, stealth abuse etc). That one is just the bosses not designed with specific Tenno abilities in mind (which they should imo), but Hyena Pack sets a new standard for gameplay.

I think it might also be an issue of why people would want to do such gameplay.

Warframe, from the beginning, rewards "point and click" style gameplay where you wait around with your weapon in zoom mode for an unsuspecting enemy to just waltz between the crosshairs. If you try to do more advanced maneuvers, you get less kills than those who would not do such maneuvers.

Maps are also not inclined for the concept as well with a good majority of the tilesets being a very good corridor simulator, which further emphasizes the "point and click" gameplay that we currently have.

Also, whenever I mod my warframes for increased agility and stamina to execute such maneuvers I find myself vastly lacking in terms of overall effectiveness. Sometimes giving up warframe ability slots to make sure I'm not too fragile or my abilities aren't too weak.

Dodging should be encouraged, wallrunning and climbing should be encouraged. And in all honesty, we just need to be physically quicker and have higher stamina pools (or make sprinting free, that would help too).

Edited by AshenHaze

I agree. The newest Hyena Pack rehaul is the prime example of what Warframe combat could/should be like, if we were to focus on fulfilling the "Ninja" archetype.

Blocking is now a reliable damage mitigation (that is not affected by how many shield/armor/health mods you can cram into the slots), which is one of the things we needed for a long time, but still doesn't reward skill. Parrying is still near useless, especially since it's only usable on a handful of trash-mobs (that usually die from one hit of a regular swing anyways). Both of these reward progression, rely on modding to be effective. 

Reflection is pretty broken, but it's an interesting mechanic at least.

Dodging/Wallclimbing/Wallrunning would still be great features to add depth to Warframe's gameplay imo. Maneuvers that reward skill would enhance the combat experience in the long run. Still see no hint of them ever happening.

Which is why I love the Hyena Pack now. Even though people may argue that they are easy (Nova M-Prime abuse, Rhino Stomp abuse, Mag Shield Polarize abuse, stealth abuse etc). That one is just the bosses not designed with specific Tenno abilities in mind (which they should imo), but Hyena Pack sets a new standard for gameplay.

Are you using parry correctly? You have to channel while blocking to activate it.