Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept]-Blade,a Melee-Focus Warframe(Artwork Included )

LAME_NINJA

Here is BLADE,he is a melee-focus warframe,he can use his powers to get close to enemy in high speed,and destroy them by using his deadly close-range ability,he can also use his power to buff his melee attack,or even protect him from enemy's attacks,making him a deadly warrior in close range.over all,he is the ideal warframe of those players who enjoy the melee system in this game.(specialty after melee 2.0 came out)

here is the concept art,design and painted by me.

sp9Ev4E.jpg

(will upload more art in the future,(if this post got a lot of views & comments)include more helmets designs,details and back view.)(if this topic is over 300 views i will release a new concept art of blade )

powers of this frame

QOgUMan.jpg

1.blade strike- blade release a deadly attack by using his melee weapon,dealing 300%/350%/400%/500% damage of your melee weapon in close range,cost 20(or 25?)energy,also,it will give the enemy you hit a 100%state of you melee weapon(e.g.if your melee weapon got fire damage,this power will set your enemy on fire)it also comes with a knock down.

10007482_745167018857039_846569905348142

2.samurai charge-blade's speed largely increase(X 2?) for a short duration,also,blade's melee attack speed will increase a little bit,when using that power,that enemy that Blade run by will receive a short stun(1 sec?)this power is mainly used to get close to enemy.

3.samurai spirit -blade buff his and his teammate's melee attack,making their melee attack damage up to X2.5 ,least for 10/12/16/20 secs,cost 75 energy.

4.[coming soon]

state of this frame

[lets discuss together]

[this post is not finished,i will keep updating]

my page at DA:http://nobody00000000.deviantart.com/

Edited by LAME_NINJA

I have to say that this I rather like, aside from it clearly being a samurai when we're supposed to be ninjas... but yeah.  Overall it looks great. 

As for powers, melee buffs in damage / speed, as well as tank skills for personal defense, and melee attack powers with weapon damage added would make more sense. 

Edited by Evariskitsune

I have to say that this I rather like, aside from it clearly being a samurai when we're supposed to be ninjas... but yeah.  Overall it looks great. 

thanks for the comment,why not add some space samurai in the game if there are space ninjas in the game.besides,samurai can be ninjas too,samurai-ninjas,LOL

thanks for the comment,why not add some space samurai in the game if there are space ninjas in the game.besides,samurai can be ninjas too,samurai-ninjas,LOL

I could go into the anti-historical nature of that comment but we're going to skip that given the space-pirate-ninja and go purely on the awesomeness intended in this. 

I feel there should be some sort of "slash circle" power, a melee buff power, an aggro attracting power, and maybe a tank power.  But those are what I'd suggest for the frame.

I could go into the anti-historical nature of that comment but we're going to skip that given the space-pirate-ninja and go purely on the awesomeness intended in this. 

I feel there should be some sort of "slash circle" power, a melee buff power, an aggro attracting power, and maybe a tank power.  But those are what I'd suggest for the frame.

yeah,will add a melee buff power soon,what do you think about the [blade storm]power then

yeah,will add a melee buff power soon,what do you think about the [blade storm]power then

Sounds good, but the name doesn't match the attack. STORM is often used to describe many whereas the attack sounds like it's one movement. Besides that, Ash already has Bladestorm.

To keep with the Samurai theme, I think he should have a teleport move. He quickly assumes an Iaido stance and flashes up to his target (leaving a light trail behind him) and finishes with a quick slash that can hit multiple targets and causes a small stun window to affected mobs who survive. As a melee based frame, this gives him an opening to attack. Perhaps If a Nikana is not equipped, maybe show him using a pure energy variant to match the move style.

Edited by (PS4)DJ_Jiggles

Another power idea. For his ultimate, he stomps the ground and sends out a pulse with the same elemental FX as the element on your melee weapon and assumes an Iaido stance. Any enemy caught in the pulse is stuck in place. He then rushes forward and slices in front of him to the end of the pulse boundry, teleports to another position and repeats the attack 3 more times. To avoid taking too long, each attack is sped up.

Another power idea. For his ultimate, he stomps the ground and sends out a pulse with the same elemental FX as the element on your melee weapon and assumes an Iaido stance. He then rushes forward and slices in front of him to the end of the pulse boundry, teleports to another position and repeats the attack 3 more times. 

thats a bit OP

thats a bit OP

How so? It's not much different than Ash's Bladestorm, really. The only difference is the CC possibility. Elemental FX is only eye candy, no elemental damage outside of you melee weapons damage potential. They aren't locked in stasis for 20 years after the attack like Rhino stomp, either. Maybe knocked down for 2 seconds.

if this topic is over 300 views i will release a new concept art of blade 

Well views is always the easy bit to get, you just have to wait long enough with enough bumps.  But, I do look forward to seeing it.

(also, I was just wondering if you've seen the PM I set you yet?)

Edited by Evariskitsune

Well views is always the easy bit to get, you just have to wait long enough with enough bumps.  But, I do look forward to seeing it.

(also, I was just wondering if you've seen the PM I set you yet?)

hope that the davs will check out this topic,will they really check out topics like this?

hope that the davs will check out this topic,will they really check out topics like this?

They do from time to time, but most often it takes some large recognition and support by the community for an idea to get somewhere unless it really 'clicks' with a dev who came here.

How?

PM influential forum members should be obvious.

Peak Forum hours are from  14:00 through 20:00 GMT, so you should time bumps towards the beginning of these times.

SEO comes down to text choice and linking to your thread publicly elsewhere as much as possible.

Advertisement elsewhere comes down to linking your thread in an intelligent manner so as not to spam or annoy others, but still spread the word as much as possible. 

Take an Ash, give him Steel Charge, Bladestorm and Teleport only.

Add Rush, Marathon, Quick Rest, Flow, Streamline, Intensify, Stretch, Redirection, Fortitude and Retribution

Equip a Dragon Nikana, place mods in it for maximum DMG. Maybe even a stance with quick hits.

Go and kill. :P

Take an Ash, give him Steel Charge, Bladestorm and Teleport only.

Add Rush, Marathon, Quick Rest, Flow, Streamline, Intensify, Stretch, Redirection, Fortitude and Retribution

Equip a Dragon Nikana, place mods in it for maximum DMG. Maybe even a stance with quick hits.

Go and kill. :P

LOL

Like the idea of a frame with all its abilities focused on boosting its combat performance.

So here a few thoughts about your ideas:

Design/Name: Your design implies a durable Warframe but all your abilities are either damage or speed which, as its name, invokes the idea of more of a blademaster, neglecting armor for superior swordsmanship.

Abilities:

Blade Strike: Loki pays 50 Energy for 12 seconds of stealth which also includes 400% more melee damage. So you could go far lower with your costs. Personally i would take this ability and incorporate it into Samurai Charge.

Samurai Charge: First, 300% speed increase is way to much to control on any Frame also way to similar to Volts Speed ability. Would make it a full blown charge (i know there are already several but all of them are different in what they do), keep your stun idea along the way but make it end early and execute bladestrike if your charge hits an enemy directly. This would now be your 1st ability at 25 energy.

If you want to keep it a buff, lower the Runnspeed increase (about 25% should be enough to give a boost while staying controlable in combat, 50% at most) and give a good bonus on melee attack speed.

Samurai Spirit: Compared to Rhinos roar you could probably go with a 2.5x multiplier and at least 10-15 seconds as you only boost one weapon which in almost all cases has low range.

Idea for another ability:

Blade Soul:

You and your melee weapon become one and your melee performance goes thorugh the roof. (possible ulti)

Status and crit chances on melee get doubled and every melee attack becomes focused while energy cost for focused melee attacks becomes 0. Furthermore the range of your melee weapon gets increased and you can't be knocked down.

Duration...hmm... let's say as long as Bladestorm on Ash needs to fully execute.

Like the idea of a frame with all its abilities focused on boosting its combat performance.

So here a few thoughts about your ideas:

Design/Name: Your design implies a durable Warframe but all your abilities are either damage or speed which, as its name, invokes the idea of more of a blademaster, neglecting armor for superior swordsmanship.

Abilities:

Blade Strike: Loki pays 50 Energy for 12 seconds of stealth which also includes 400% more melee damage. So you could go far lower with your costs. Personally i would take this ability and incorporate it into Samurai Charge.

Samurai Charge: First, 300% speed increase is way to much to control on any Frame also way to similar to Volts Speed ability. Would make it a full blown charge (i know there are already several but all of them are different in what they do), keep your stun idea along the way but make it end early and execute bladestrike if your charge hits an enemy directly. This would now be your 1st ability at 25 energy.

If you want to keep it a buff, lower the Runnspeed increase (about 25% should be enough to give a boost while staying controlable in combat, 50% at most) and give a good bonus on melee attack speed.

Samurai Spirit: Compared to Rhinos roar you could probably go with a 2.5x multiplier and at least 10-15 seconds as you only boost one weapon which in almost all cases has low range.

Idea for another ability:

Blade Soul:

You and your melee weapon become one and your melee performance goes thorugh the roof. (possible ulti)

Status and crit chances on melee get doubled and every melee attack becomes focused while energy cost for focused melee attacks becomes 0. Furthermore the range of your melee weapon gets increased and you can't be knocked down.

Duration...hmm... let's say as long as Bladestorm on Ash needs to fully execute.

thank you so much for the feedback,i will change his powers now