The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Terrible Fps... Is It My Pc?

Afroman12

Operating System - Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

CPU - AMD FX-8350 24 °C

RAM - 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard - ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (CPUSocket) 51 °C

Graphics - 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (MSI) 55 °C

Monitors - S24C750 (1920x1080@60Hz) / S24C750 (1920x1080@60Hz)

Storage -232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD) 36 °C

14GB SanDisk Cruzer Fit USB Device (USB)

Optical Drives - No optical disk drives detected

Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio

These two images are more action filled

while this one is... standing still...

People may say 40 FPS is good but I could never quiet catch it when it went lower than 40. Sometimes it even goes to 5 to 10. I had to turn off Direct X 11 (lol wut...?) and 64 Bit to stay a lil higher than that. What goes on in Warframe...? I mean by the specs I have I shouldn't have a problem with this game at all.

Let's see. Logitech Camera, Steam, Comodo Firewall, Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Drivers, Google Chrome, Skype, and Warframe.

what about drivers (graphics), updates (windows 8 - which is known to have terrible application performance btw) etc?

This looks more like a bragging topic. Because hell, it's quite the setup.

Try turning off PhysX stuff, and check if you can install new drivers.

No it's not bragging because the game has serious issues here. I will go from a solid 100 to 150FPS  to almost 5 to 10 in just seconds then it will return again to the 100 to 150... and it does this constantly in flux. I could stand still and the FPS will just go on a wild rollercoaster. Stood still for almost 10 minutes and it happened more than 50 times.

All stock? Newest available drivers?

Let's see. Logitech Camera, Steam, Comodo Firewall, Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Drivers, Google Chrome, Skype, and Warframe.

Turn it all off, except Warframe, and see what happens.

No it's not bragging because the game has serious issues here. I will go from a solid 100 to 150FPS  to almost 5 to 10 in just seconds then it will return again to the 100 to 150... and it does this constantly in flux. I could stand still and the FPS will just go on a wild rollercoaster. Stood still for almost 10 minutes and it happened more than 50 times.

I have to admit that U13 brought extreme fps variation for me. I have a higher average of 130fps in the lobby which goes up and down like crazy what was not the case before our latest update

what about drivers (graphics), updates (windows 8 - which is known to have terrible application performance btw) etc?

I've tried 4 sets of Drivers and currently am trying the beta drivers (which somehow gave more performance to everything but Warframe) 337.50, 335.23, 334.89, 332.21 and they all had the same issue. As for Windows 8 I did not think that a problem as none of my other games (except for Walking Dead) have had issues... so maybe...?

As for Windows 8 I did not think that a problem as none of my other games (except for Walking Dead) have had issues... so maybe...?

you can find benchmarks comparing windows 8 to windows 7 performance anywhere on the web where most of them confirm that windows 8 runs kinda bad respecting the same machine

All stock? Newest available drivers?

Turn it all off, except Warframe, and see what happens.

I've done more than that once before. I actually did a clean install (I was really lazy and needed to clean the gunk anyways) because I had a backup of all the installers and files readied and still had this issue.

you can find benchmarks comparing windows 8 to windows 7 performance anywhere on the web where most of them confirm that windows 8 runs kinda bad respecting the same machine

Evyerwhere I go I just see Windows 8.1 is superior... I know Windows 8 had issues (should have mentioned I'm using 8.1) but I think they have been fixed in 8.1.

Evyerwhere I go I just see Windows 8.1 is superior... I know Windows 8 had issues (should have mentioned I'm using 8.1) but I think they have been fixed in 8.1.

Theres nothing wrong with your operating system... There's clearly some other problem, it would help if you told us when you started getting this problem and if you can recall if you made any major changes to your computer or settings.

Theres nothing wrong with your operating system... There's clearly some other problem, it would help if you told us when you started getting this problem and if you can recall if you made any major changes to your computer or settings.

In November when I built the system. Previous system was outdated and I built a new one. Put in Warframe saw FPS issues right from the start but wanted to play some Steam games and noticed no FPS problems in games such as Tomb Raider even with that hair graphics thing on. Played Batman Arkham Origins, Batman Arkham City, Metro Last Light (Had issues there but from what I hear that's normal because this game is lol intense). Just this one and I'm trying to figure out wtf is going on.

What's your average framerate when you change the resolution to true fullscreen 1280x720?

If fillrate/Vbandwith is the issue then you would see around double the FPS at that.

Ok with that now I know it's Warframe...

1920x1080

http://i.imgur.com/zgE3Hxf.jpg

then a dip came along to 20 25 but I was slow on the ss button... but it's at 40...

http://i.imgur.com/P9bRaUd.jpg

Ok so you would think with 1280x720 res you'd get a better FPS right...?

http://i.imgur.com/8L2VEaK.jpg

Warframe... sthap... you're spose to improve...

http://i.imgur.com/UbYSz1W.jpg

Well to get technical most games place a soft cap at around 60-65 FPS since most monitors are physically incapable of displaying more (it's the refresh rate), but that dip down to 50 is at least double the dip down to 25, eh?

Also do try partical/physx off if you haven't already, it's still a new enough tech to cause issues even in engines as new as WF.

This is happening to me too. Judging by your set up the problem isn't having an impact on just once specific group of players as my set up is not as good as yours (by far). I've put up a topic on this as well but there's still no obvious reason for this to be happening.

Well to get technical most games place a soft cap at around 60-65 FPS since most monitors are physically incapable of displaying more (it's the refresh rate), but that dip down to 50 is at least double the dip down to 25, eh?

Also do try partical/physx off if you haven't already, it's still a new enough tech to cause issues even in engines as new as WF.

Turned off Phys X and still get the same frame rate issues. Also what is more funny is that even though I turned the graphics all the way down... I get down 20 to 30 FPS and see no improvement or FPS past 100... What...? Something is defiantly broken here.

Edited by Afroman12

I have like your exact same PC build, same CPU and GPU, except I built my rig with a Gigabyte 2GB GTX 770, ASRock 970 Extreme3 mobo, along with different RAM and such, and I'm running windows 7. Same problems you're having. Really, really annoying. I hate not being able to play games with my friends because of frame rate variations this extreme, my friends are always like "Dude 30 is totally playable..." which is true, but fluctuations between 60 and 30 on a consistent basis is borderline infuriating.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

1 - Take a screenshot of the first tab in this program.

2 - Go to the second tab, and make sure that the option to keep refreshing while the game is in the background is checked.

3 - Run the game, and about 15 seconds after the game starts doing the slowdown, go take a screenshot of the second tab so we can see what all the sensor transitions are like.