Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential Problem?

blackhalo321

I've been playing warframe for roughly a week and I've got to say, it's a @(*()$ amazing game with rediculous potential... BUT it seems like it's falling a lil too far short when it comes to reaching it.

I'm just throwing this out there, I'm not sure if I'm allone in that or it's just a mission level 20~ and under issue or if it is actually a known issue; so far it seems the biggest roadblock I'm running when it comes to completely loving this game.

---------
-giving people abilities that make them work together more, especially in these level 20 or lower missions, that'd be wonderful... that'd be IMO one of the best thing the devs could do for this game.  It is what makes MMOs so popular, working with people. Everyone having a purpose or role in a fight instead of heroe'ing for kills, being part of a team, makes games engaging. It even makes the devs job allot easier, the same content lasts allot longer when it plays out differently each time players have different allies. I can't say I have any great ideas on how to pull that off at this moment though :/
---------
Missions: they are setup to be very grindy atm, I don't think there's much controversy in that, but IMO without great teamwork to keep things interesting, missions could really benefit from being more dynamic.

Combining a few of the planets/missions into repeatable chains along with making the actual modes a bit more important would do that. Like if spy was more of a 'try to crack X consoles without alerting X people' or 'crack as many consoles as you can in X minutes while staying X stealthy'. Mission chains would be a set of missions that started at one planet and lead to 1-2 more planet-missions after. Like a spy->mobile defense->defense, you gain bonuses in the MoDe based on how well you did in the Spy mission, possibly bonus allies on the DEF based on how well you did in the MoDe. That's allot more engaging than 'kill everyone you see'. It'd give above and beyond goal to always shoot for, something for people who don't feel like hero'ing down waves of mobs for hours (it'd give things like cracking as many consoles as you can, or having a timer to capture as many targets as you can, or defending as many cryo pods you can). It'd also funnel more people into a certain queue, lowering 'finding players' time.

Basing what missions you can do more on the ongoing war.  An example would be choosing a fraction to 'mercenary' to, or just having relations with factions and you could do certain missons based on relations.  Like defense if you're more friendly, assault if you're not, spy whenever, exc. exc.The point though is to break up the monotony in grinding since what you'd be doing for resources wouldn't be so 'get taxied and grind' what mission types you could do would change based on relations and who holds what zones, there even could be something like trying to push invasions/defenses to keep your places to grind resources.
-----------

Anyways, it's a great game, don't get me wrong, I'm just sayin' it seems sooo close to being utterly addictive (but not quite there).

Edited by blackhalo321

We are tenno, we side with ourselves, therefor we spy on everyone else.

Yeah, I don't know much about the lore, I was just tossing out an example.

Siding with people, I mean, they already added it in a bit  we can choose which side to fight for in some engagements so it's not a massive leap to add in something like faction relations.

When it comes to missions though... those spy missions... asl;dgk;sldgh;aldga.  Running into a fortress and killing everyone is spying.

Edited by blackhalo321