Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Are Beta Testers, Your Game Says So

Treebear2

Well, I was kind of in agreement with you, maybe I just didn't work that little speech right? I'm just saying that while reluctance to change is reasonable since it can potentially turn your builds upside down, it should be expected and therefore you shouldn't invest a gratuitous amount of real world money into something that's clearly broken OP and then act shocked and ripped off when DE balances or overhauls it. Granted DE doesn't always go about balancing these things in the best way, that's something they should work on, but as beta testers we should be more open to massive changes that can greatly improve the game in the long run, even if readjustment will take some time and resources.

Maybe I misunderstood you, but that sounds pretty relevant to what you just said.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.  "Everything in moderation," is a good motto to live by, especially when dealing with an unfinished product.

Insulting my ability to grasp a concept implies you are defensive and therefore know why your argument is flawed.

Or it implies that I cannot bring myself to think as you, because you replied with snarky quip instead of a reasonable explanation defining your point.  If you would like a meaningful back-and-forth, then perhaps something of more substance would be appropriate.

Or it implies that I cannot bring myself to think as you, because you replied with snarky quip instead of a reasonable explanation defining your point.  If you would like a meaningful back-and-forth, then perhaps something of more substance would be appropriate.

It's not that simple. I agree with your point, and even made a thread about it awhile back.

The problem I have is exactly what I said the first time: Threatening to quit if ~thing~ does or doesn't change is childish. You're manipulating the developers through fear of losing their player-base.

That's not productive - That's terrorism.

It's not that simple. I agree with your point, and even made a thread about it awhile back.

Consumers are terrorists then?

I don't really see the childishness in not supporting a product that you are not satisfactory with.

The problem I have is exactly what I said the first time: Threatening to quit if ~thing~ does or doesn't change is childish. You're manipulating the developers through fear of losing their player-base.

If you believe that terrorism encompasses announcing your dissatisfaction and cease of use with a company's product, then so be it.  At the very least, you have a much different view of what that terms means than I.

To claim that I am personally manipulating the developers is laughable.  Do you really think my opinion matters that much to them?  Even I don't think it carries THAT much weight; I am simply a drop in the bucket.  However, I do think it is noteworthy that I feel this way about the development of their game, and I also don't think it is unreasonable to assume that others feel the same way.

I really do think you are making a mountain out a molehill.

Balancing the game means improving it for everyone because ultimately it increases the variety - more interesting game.

Here is a small problem with Warframe:  you cant sell power and keep it beta at the same time. Beta means constant changes to improve the balance, but when you sell items then nerf them, you only upset the players and ruin their trust - they would not buy anything next time.

But many companies are doing this, LoL and Planetside 2 as examples of games selling power then changing the balance (Im sure there are many more)

This.