Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non Combat Sentinels

Frostosti

Hello

Until now there are many different mods available to chose from when upgrading the warframe.
However only a select few are available for the sentinel, where often the sentinel does not need any mod apart from its four basic skills. So there is also no need at all to use a potato on these pets.

So just a random thought; why is it not possible to create a sentinel that is solely based on supporting the warframe, thus a sentinel without a weapon and only support skills. This means some warframe mods should become sentinel mods (mostly ones that are not ok mods but not worth a spot in the warframe) and some new sentinel mods can be created.

Some ideas that might become a sentinel skill;

- Sentinel can revive a downed teammate, while the player stands next to it and protects the sentinel from enemies.

- pathfinding, so it will show clearly where the next objective is (arrow on the screen or something)

- increased rewards, e.g. a mod with +3% credit gain or +3% exp for the player.

- Spare Parts as we thought it would function already; thus increased item drop chance on killed enemies.

And some of the mods that could be moved from the warframe to the sentinel:

- master thief (chance to unlocked locked lockers)

- thiefs wit (see loot on the radar and mods marked in yellow)

- intruder (longer ciphering time)

- equilibrium (orbs will give more health / energy on pickup)

As for the weapon of the sentinel. Until now all sentinels have a damaging weapon. But why not give the sentinel other , supporting, items. For example a healing gun. Or a gun that increases damage, movement speed, stamina drain or something else to nearby players.

These are just some examples of what my limited brain cells could come up with. So ofcourse with your input these can be altered and extended, assuming there are people out there who (partly) like the idea.

Edited by Frostosti

Full commentary:

I have put FORMA in my sentinel along with POTATO. I don't see a reason not to. You seem to have missed the poit of sentinels competely.

Support a warframe? Use an ability of another!

-Reviving downed teammate while player protects them? Too OP and the current system works fine.

-Pathfinding? Use the darn minimap or press M(default)!

-Want increased rewards? Buy a booster!

-Who ever thought spare parts would increase basic drop chance of resources in the first place?

Master thief? Who even loots lockers nowadays with all the rushes etc.?

Thief's wit? A similar mod was released and then taken back. If you want you can learn the locations of possible loot or witness the drop of all the resources and mods.

Intruder? Useless mod, my average cipher time is below 5 seconds and I've done more than 700 hacks and only 2 failed(due to 1 DC and 2 getting killed)

Equilibrium? A) Equip on Warframe B) get auras that regain health/energy C) Get Nekros

No weapon for sentinels? Unequip the mod that makes it attack in the first place.

Healing gun? Use Trinity, Oberon, Nekros etc. or the health aura.

Increased damage, movesped and stamina? A) Nova B) Volt C)Valkyr

Is this enough negative sides?

Edited by Jeloxale

Sentinels don't have ammo(?)

Yea, but they have a weapon, and the shotgun ammo mutation mod CAN equip to their weapons. When the weapon is out, you will pick up ammo packs and turn them into the ammo mutations type. So basically Carrier + Sweeper + Shotgun Ammo mutation on a tenno with Boar Prime SHOULD give you extra ammo for boar prime since your using a very specific set up. A carrier (which grabs ammo) and its shotgun (which converts it) and it only works while you have a shotgun out missing ammo like normal.

(And yes when you use ammo mutation on your shotgun, carrier picks up any ammo and converts it. honestly it SHOULD work but it doesn't;.)

Yea, but they have a weapon, and the shotgun ammo mutation mod CAN equip to their weapons. When the weapon is out, you will pick up ammo packs and turn them into the ammo mutations type. So basically Carrier + Sweeper + Shotgun Ammo mutation on a tenno with Boar Prime SHOULD give you extra ammo for boar prime since your using a very specific set up. A carrier (which grabs ammo) and its shotgun (which converts it) and it only works while you have a shotgun out missing ammo like normal.

(And yes when you use ammo mutation on your shotgun, carrier picks up any ammo and converts it. honestly it SHOULD work but it doesn't;.)

Something like loadout Synergy? "Sentinel converts ammo pickups into actual shotgun ammo while it has Shotty Mutation equipped", so your shotgun is freed of Shotty Mutation mod?

Sounds like too much of a roundabout way to equip ShottyMute without equipping ShottyMute. 

Something like loadout Synergy? "Sentinel converts ammo pickups into actual shotgun ammo while it has Shotty Mutation equipped", so your shotgun is freed of Shotty Mutation mod?

Sounds like too much of a roundabout way to equip ShottyMute without equipping ShottyMute. 

I prefer to think of it as, a rewarding outcome for clever thinking.

You are aware that it is your choice to let a sentinel use a weapon? My Sentinel creates a bubble while i revive someone, collects drops for me, slows enemies that get too close and recharges my shields every now and then.

Oh, and he never fires a single shot.

So it is possible to create a Sentinel solely for support. At the moment there are only 7 support to choose from (which is way more than you make it sound) i think, with 4 of them being mutually exclusive.

I'm all for there to be more support mods for sentinels, but your post sounds to me like you aren't even aware of the possibilities that already exist

@OP

I like this idea but im not with you what you wrote.You need in very high lvl endgame stuff a formaed sentinel.They are so fast down and with all stuff like health,armor,shield,shield charge this guys stays a little bit longer alive and keep you alive too.I felt a huge diffrence.

Ok back to your idea.I think a only supportive sentinel would be great,maybe with a godmode ability that can activate every minute for 10 secs and only activate when under heavy fire.This ability instead of a shooting ability.

Best would be descerate on sentinel :P lol (nekros flame incoming)

Greetings

Edited by K0bra