The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call Of The Faithful [Ooc]

Sumika1204

Get in line fishworshipper.

Hmm...a super hacker, a demigoddess, at least one master assassin, and Snyder has managed to &!$$ off every single one of them.  He really is Loki.  Only more screwed.

Thing is, only one of them would be able to easily/possibly identify Snyder, and that one is trapped in a room full of Zanukas.

Well played Corpus, well played.

Get in line fishworshipper.

Hmm...a super hacker, a demigoddess, at least one master assassin, and Snyder has managed to &!$$ off every single one of them.  He really is Loki.  Only more screwed.

I've got a feeling Snyder is going to p!ss even more people before the day is out...

Ok, if everyone can put up with my information-hoarding a bit longer, please go here. http://tinyurl.com/CotFspread

Yes, it's a spreadsheet. Yes, I care that much about getting this figured out. I need everyone to put in just a best guess, erring on the short side, of when they'll be online each day. This will not be simply a re-ordering of the cycle; I'm making a new, evolved system, call it Cycle 2.0.

Stay with me a bit longer, and we'll have the best damn RP any forum has ever seen.

This turn system is going to be the death of this rp it seems to me. Pretty much every rp I've been in that implemented a turn system has died due to people getting sick of the waiting. Yes, it is orderly and it makes sure that everyone is up to speed but things are moving too slow at the moment. I'm not sure if this rp can last another two days with this system.

Then give it one.  Then we'll try something else.

Edit: Maybe Dread's idea.  The longer I think about it, the more I like it.  Maybe.  It's hard to strike a balance between excitement and courtesy.

Edited by Temperance000

Ok, if everyone can put up with my information-hoarding a bit longer, please go here. http://tinyurl.com/CotFspread

Yes, it's a spreadsheet. Yes, I care that much about getting this figured out. I need everyone to put in just a best guess, erring on the short side, of when they'll be online each day. This will not be simply a re-ordering of the cycle; I'm making a new, evolved system, call it Cycle 2.0.

Stay with me a bit longer, and we'll have the best damn RP any forum has ever seen.

Allow me to check my planner ((I don't have a planner))

This turn system is going to be the death of this rp it seems to me. Pretty much every rp I've been in that implemented a turn system has died due to people getting sick of the waiting. Yes, it is orderly and it makes sure that everyone is up to speed but things are moving too slow at the moment. I'm not sure if this rp can last another two days with this system.

Honestly it's given me more real life time...so...

137792567717.gif

"Quickly, he went back to the hall and turned the corner from which he came from. He watched as everything went to sh*t. The supposed Herald and Temperance were captured, a so-called Synder disguised himself as Temperance, and Rien was saved by a badass Nekros."

Cosmo, I don't know if you were in the Chatango earlier, but Synder is essential to the Corpus story arc and if he's found out this early, you'd ruin it entirely.  This goes for everyone trying to play "hero" right now.  I've tried really hard to get this arc to work and finally it is.

We have our arc, and it's that Cyrios will somehow get free and that's going to set more events into play.  Don't mess me up.

Edited by thelastpwnr99

Now I know this sounds like sour grapes (it is) but I am getting disheartened that the RP continuity I've helped build up is dying because of this continuity. It takes up almost all of the plot critical players in that continuity and as a result, the threads pertaining to Life in a Dead System are certainly living up to a specific part of it's name (dead). It'd be nice if a balance could be reached...

"Quickly, he went back to the hall and turned the corner from which he came from. He watched as everything went to sh*t. The supposed Herald and Temperance were captured, a so-called Synder disguised himself as Temperance, and Rien was saved by a badass Nekros."

Cosmo, I don't know if you were in the Chatango earlier, but Synder is essential to the Corpus story arc and if he's found out this early, you'd ruin it entirely.  This goes for everyone trying to play "hero" right now.  I've tried really hard to get this arc to work and finally it is.

We have our arc, and it's that Cyrios will somehow get free and that's going to set more events into play.  Don't mess me up.

I fixed it. Give me some feedback on what to change if there's something still troubling you or anyone else.

I fixed it. Give me some feedback on what to change if there's something still troubling you or anyone else.

Thank you so much, Cosmo.  I assumed everyone was in the Chatango room so I apologize for being a bit rude.  Thank you again.  I like how you saw "Temperance" leave.

If everyone can show some self-control then maybe we can go with the old system of free posting again. This new system and all the waiting caused by it is causing problems for people. Seriously, this is frustrating.

Pssst LiDS has free posting ya know

Pssst LiDS has free posting ya know

But not everyone has characters in that. Though it's at the point where maybe people can just migrate over there every now and then to control the posting here. Just something needs to be done.

Edited by Sumika1204

If everyone can show some self-control then maybe we can go with the old system of free posting again. This new system and all the waiting caused by it is causing problems for people. Seriously, this is frustrating.

We could try my idea. i just need to work out a number that doesn't allow people to blow up the RP. But i really just want things to be the way they were.

This RP should not have to sit around for hours waiting for one person to post because they can't "keep up". If you have to spend 10 minutes reading every post that was made since you last checked, and spend another 20 to reply then so be it. Or do what i do, skim the posts and read enough just to get a general understanding of whats going on. Pay more attention to your own characters. Do whatever it is you need to do!

Edited by MasterDread

"His name is Snyder; he wears a Loki Warframe, capable of matching the appearance of anyone he scans.  He scanned you, took your form," the shivering man blabbered.

"Rien, if you are able, I need your assistance.  Meet me at this waypoint.  And be on the lookout for another me.  We have a trickster in our midst."

thelastpwnr99: this is from the massive post I made on page 75.  I have edited this part, for the sake of plot.  Was it necessary to do so?

"His name is Snyder; he wears a Loki Warframe, capable of matching the appearance of anyone he scans.  He scanned you, took your form," the shivering man blabbered.

"Rien, if you are able, I need your assistance.  Meet me at this waypoint.  And be on the lookout for another me.  We have a trickster in our midst."

thelastpwnr99: this is from the massive post I made on page 75.  I have edited this part, for the sake of plot.  Was it necessary to do so?

This actually perfect.  The word is out and it's from you, which is what I needed.  Of course, remember that Cardina is still currently still knocked out I believe.  I believe this will work just fine, just don't kill Synder just yet for the sake of story advancement.  We gotta get this invasion over with.

Also, it's Synder.

Oh right, and Ark is gonna find some Corpus outside the ship, so there's that.

Edited by thelastpwnr99

So, Dread, Temp, Drake, Fish, Cosmo, Astralin and I have been talking in the chat, and we've come to a unanimous consensus.

We're doing away with systems, cycles and schedules. Instead, we're proposing this.

Before you post;

1. Ask in the chat if anyone is writing a post.

2. If not, ask the others if you've posted enough recently.

3. If you haven't, then declare, in bold, "I am writing up a post, hold up a bit."

Essentially, just clear with everyone in the chat before you post. Nothing complicated.

Starting this "system" as soon as we're ready.

Edited by SnaleKing