The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call Of The Faithful [Ooc]

Sumika1204

Done! I apologize for nothing.

A large, heavy tome landed with a thump, adding itself to the volumes that were already scattered about the garden. Crooked, twisting branches sagged with the burden of books, as if the pages carried more weight than their already significant mass would indicate. In the center of the meticulously organized clutter, a lone figure plucked another from the top of a swaying stack of books, brushing off the cover with a black sleeve before turning to the first dusty page. Her weary, white eyes scanned through the lines of fine blue script, absorbing information with a practised swiftness.

“Gods damn it,” Cardina swore as she glared at a certain baleful paragraph, then quickly flipped to the next page to ascertain her suspicions. “I have tried that before.” She soon reached the back cover of the thick book, finding several other techniques, meditations and arcane attempts that had already failed. Cardina discarded the volume in the same fashion as the rest, watching it with a detached disinterest as it tumbled haphazardly towards the distant ground, only for the flapping front cover to collide with an outstretched branch and go spinning into the blackness beneath.

Cardina reached for the next one even as its predecessor loudly impacted the unseen floor. She closed her eyes as she ran a hand over the grain of the well-worn front cover. Cadina knew she’d done this many times before, but how many, or what she’d learned from her efforts, was inevitably lost four days later. The growing size of her record of failed attempts boded ill for Cardina’s future success, as she could hardly read the entirety of the backlog before the beginning was lost to her ever-worsening amnesia. Time was against her.

The memory sat stubborn, unchanging and undesired, reminding her endlessly of the one thing she desperately tried to forget. It was only a moment, frozen like crystal in the back of her mind. His eyes gazed up at her, as tears streaked down his cheeks and wet his lips as they mouthed her name for the last time.

WHO ARE YOU?” Cardina screamed into the blackness, trying to both embrace and consume the memory as her eyes welled with tears. There was... so much emotion in that moment, such painful conflict. “Why did I love you? Why did I kill you? Why... why can’t you let me forget?”

“Miss Cardina?” A voice cut through the gloom, and her heavy sobbing ceased instantly. “It’s Rien. A visitor is here.” Cardina slipped out of the overgrowth, sliding down and through the twisting, jagged trunks to confront the speaker. He was standing in the open entrance to the garden and wore a peculiar type of armor, thin and form-fitting. The helmet had no eye-slits, but instead large, decorative horns protruded from the sides. 

“I suppose I should show them around,” Cardina set a hand on Rien’s shoulder briefly as she walked past him, her fading robes trailing behind her as she strode slowly to the hanger. When she arrived, a figure was waiting, wearing a similar type of armor to Rien. However, this one was taller, with longer, curlier horns protruding from the eyeless helmet while his hooved feet clacked the floor impatiently.

“Hello,” Cardina smiled at the newcomer. “I am Cardina, the-” she blinked a few times, then shook her head to clear her thoughts. “the... I, ah,” her brow furrowed in concentration briefly, before her features lightened again with a smile. “Would- would you like to see my garden?”

Hmm. I found Temperance's own to be more saddening.

Done! I apologize for nothing.

A large, heavy tome landed with a thump, adding itself to the volumes that were already scattered about the garden. Crooked, twisting branches sagged with the burden of books, as if the pages carried more weight than their already significant mass would indicate. In the center of the meticulously organized clutter, a lone figure plucked another from the top of a swaying stack of books, brushing off the cover with a black sleeve before turning to the first dusty page. Her weary, white eyes scanned through the lines of fine blue script, absorbing information with a practised swiftness.

“Gods damn it,” Cardina swore as she glared at a certain baleful paragraph, then quickly flipped to the next page to ascertain her suspicions. “I have tried that before.” She soon reached the back cover of the thick book, finding several other techniques, meditations and arcane attempts that had already failed. Cardina discarded the volume in the same fashion as the rest, watching it with a detached disinterest as it tumbled haphazardly towards the distant ground, only for the flapping front cover to collide with an outstretched branch and go spinning into the blackness beneath.

Cardina reached for the next one even as its predecessor loudly impacted the unseen floor. She closed her eyes as she ran a hand over the grain of the well-worn front cover. Cadina knew she’d done this many times before, but how many, or what she’d learned from her efforts, was inevitably lost four days later. The growing size of her record of failed attempts boded ill for Cardina’s future success, as she could hardly read the entirety of the backlog before the beginning was lost to her ever-worsening amnesia. Time was against her.

The memory sat stubborn, unchanging and undesired, reminding her endlessly of the one thing she desperately tried to forget. It was only a moment, frozen like crystal in the back of her mind. His eyes gazed up at her, as tears streaked down his cheeks and wet his lips as they mouthed her name for the last time.

WHO ARE YOU?” Cardina screamed into the blackness, trying to both embrace and consume the memory as her eyes welled with tears. There was... so much emotion in that moment, such painful conflict. “Why did I love you? Why did I kill you? Why... why can’t you let me forget?”

“Miss Cardina?” A voice cut through the gloom, and her heavy sobbing ceased instantly. “It’s Rien. A visitor is here.” Cardina slipped out of the overgrowth, sliding down and through the twisting, jagged trunks to confront the speaker. He was standing in the open entrance to the garden and wore a peculiar type of armor, thin and form-fitting. The helmet had no eye-slits, but instead large, decorative horns protruded from the sides. 

“I suppose I should show them around,” Cardina set a hand on Rien’s shoulder briefly as she walked past him, her fading robes trailing behind her as she strode slowly to the hanger. When she arrived, a figure was waiting, wearing a similar type of armor to Rien. However, this one was taller, with longer, curlier horns protruding from the eyeless helmet while his hooved feet clacked the floor impatiently.

“Hello,” Cardina smiled at the newcomer. “I am Cardina, the-” she blinked a few times, then shook her head to clear her thoughts. “the... I, ah,” her brow furrowed in concentration briefly, before her features lightened again with a smile. “Would- would you like to see my garden?”

Whelp, the feels, all of them. This is so good, in the worst way possible. I want this so much to be a thing, yet I would be so depressed if it was.

Darn you Snale, darn you for making me feels so hard.

Whelp, the feels, all of them. This is so good, in the worst way possible. I want this so much to be a thing, yet I would be so depressed if it was.

Darn you Snale, darn you for making me feels so hard.

Well, there isn't much more to say. She spends all her time trying to find out how to get rid of Temperance's memory, reading her recorded thoughts to see what has already failed. The more she reads, the more she has to record, and the more she records the more she has to read, as her amnesia's cutoff grows slowly closer. Soon, she's no longer able to read the whole record before her amnesia erases the beginning. Eventually, she forgets everything, her church, her past, her acolytes, her identity, until the only thing she's aware of is that one memory of killing Temperance, and the hundreds of ways she's failed to erase it.

Edited by SnaleKing

Well, there isn't much more to say. She spends all her time trying to find out how to get rid of Temperance's memory, reading her recorded thoughts to see what has already failed. The more she reads, the more she has to record, and the more she records the more she has to read, as her amnesia's cutoff grows slowly closer. Eventually, she's no longer able to read the whole record before her amnesia erases the beginning, so she has to go back and read that. Eventually, she forgets everything, her church, her past, her acolytes, her identity, until the only thing she's aware of is that one memory of killing Temperance, and the hundreds of ways she's failed to erase it.

Is this going to be what happens in the future, or is it just a spin-off you guys wanted to write?

Something to come.....

Miho found herself in a white room, she looks around to see if she can find anything, she looks behind her and spots a white door with a silver knob. She walks up to the door, reaching for the knob, she hesitates for a bit, but in the end she turns the knob. As the door opens she finds herself in a forest, walking forward she hears a laugh, a child's laugh.

Miho decides to follow the voice, running through the trees, she follows the voice of the child's laughter, running and running, she hears the voice getting louder. As she stops, she spots a little girl no more older than 5 playing with two dolls. The dolls were an Excalibur and a Mag, with the exact same colors of her and Tatsuya. She approaches the girl, and the little girl turns to look at Miho.

Miho's eyes widen, she looked exactly like her, the same facial structure when she was young, the same light brown hair. But what made her widen her eyes even more......

Were the little girl's heterochromic eyes, one colored emerald like Miho's, and the other red.

The little girl just smiles at Miho and speaks,

"Mama!"

so can I join yet, or not yet?

We've been put on hold waiting for Pwnr to reply, as the plot can't really move forward without his characters. As soon as we're done with this Corpus invasion story arc, we'd be glad to have you. For now, feel free to join us in the chat, callofthefaithful.chatango.com

For when the hordes of crew men arrive

The twins were in their element, surrounded by corpus minions Hates at the ready.

"This is going to be fun."

"Oh yes it is."

The Nova twins go nuts, stalking fan style, spinning around each other and decimating any unfortunate  corpus who happen to have gotten caught in the scythe's paths. 

"Wanna do that move?"

"H*ll yea!"

The Twins interlock their Hates and began to spin each other around, taking shifts to see who could kick the most corpus in the face. With the continued crushing of skulls the Twins stop their wumbo combo to re-orientate themselves. Aran takes out her Miter, Gandraya her Dread, shoulder to shoulder fire slicing rows of corpus in half as each projectile shreds its target in half.

Edited by Issun135

Ansilm looked as Twins removed their helmets and center of his eyes went slightly smaller "Now they dropped a hunk of bomb now..." Ansilm said...

Revel, what are you doing, Revel. STHAP

Seriously what "bomb" have the twins dropped?