Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Cronus?

CrimsonPorpoise

Question

I started playing Warframe sometime during U12, during which (as I was told by fellow tennos) the Cronus is bugged and won't drop from Vor. Lately, when taxing new players I noticed some of them using the Cronus. Went ahead and decided to attack Vor a few times, but the Cronus BP never dropped for me. My question is if I can ever get the Cronus, or I can just place it together with Barton Vandal (and other event/timed stuff) on the list of thing I'll never have a little star beside their name in the codex?

5 answers to this question

It still drops. It's automatic on the first kill (only for the people who are really killing him the first time, you can't ride a noob's coattails, I've tried.) and then it's really REALLY rare after that. Just have to grind it out if that's what you need.

IIRC, the devs didn't like that noobs were farming it and selling the BP to earn lots of creds per mission or something like that, and then it was just never revisited.

Guess I'll just wait till my first prime is fresh out of the foundry then. Don't exactly want to build a frame I don't like again for a starter sword.

I don't understand though, Vor isn't exactly easy to farm with his multi-stage boss fight (compared to Tyl Regor or Nef Anyo, their fights are really anti-climatic), and that the Seer parts can be easily sold too, perhaps for even more credits than the Cronus BP itself. I assume the system was designed before Vor's rework, and would be nice if DE revisits the drop issue again. =/

Guess I'll just wait till my first prime is fresh out of the foundry then. Don't exactly want to build a frame I don't like again for a starter sword.

I don't understand though, Vor isn't exactly easy to farm with his multi-stage boss fight (compared to Tyl Regor or Nef Anyo, their fights are really anti-climatic), and that the Seer parts can be easily sold too, perhaps for even more credits than the Cronus BP itself. I assume the system was designed before Vor's rework, and would be nice if DE revisits the drop issue again. =/

He used to be a big HP sponge. There was just a random light Grineer in bright red armor that came at you with a melee weapon. I want to say he had a Cronus, but I don't really remember.