Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Properly Nerf Trinity's Blessing?

rangeless

1+ ways to nerf blessing:

- Put a cooldown on blessing like 30 seconds so even at endgame, It would take more than "just hiding behind cover to recast blessing" to survive

- Remove blessing's invincibility after 5 or so seconds, kinda like snow globe. This option seems viable since blessing has infinite range, unlike snow globe. It should only be fair that invincibility doesn't last too long since you can stack it with duration mods. This also leads to a 3rd possible nerf

- Have Blessing unaffected by duration mods, to avoid ridiculous stacking of invincibility.

- Last but not least (people are really going to hate me for this): Blessing loses its infinite range and players will have to be within a finite range (let's say 15m at max rank 3) to gain its effects. This is probably the most realistic situation since Blessing shouldn't have infinite range to begin with. It promotes recasting without thinking and it doesn't really support team play since each player can walk in front of a huge mob with no fear, "CUZ I GOT TRINITY'S BLESSING MASTER RACE, BRO!" Setting a finite range would promote coordination and allows Trinity to make decisions based on how to time abilities properly.

These are just my thoughts. Feel free to critique and put your own suggestions down below. I don't expect all these nerfs to be implemented but I am sure DE will have to consider these options when they make the final decision. I salute to you Warframe developers and I hope you put Trinity in her rightful place, a tactical healer which relies on quick thinking to save her allies, rather than just "TRINITY'S BLESSING MASTER RACE."

Edited by rangeless

How about a simple solution, that is just making the opposite of blessing, curse.

Instead of making trinity unaffected by all enemies, she could curse all enemies in a certain range, making so that these enemies weapons cant deal any damage. For a limited range and time.

Just change it to some mechanic like you can only take a maximum of 25% of your life each second while reducing all incoming dmg by 50pts plus 50%. This scales well at all levels being extremely useful low level and still benifical but not game breaking at high levels.  something like that or....

As my similar suggestion to snow globe stated, enemy damage first needs to approach some sort of cap.  (Major game mechanic change which will trivialize other things unless they get nerf'ed as well-which is why you will never prolly see it happen but i'ma post anyway). Lets be honest, is being 1 shot by something that's for the most part unavoidable fun?  Someone falls asleep or momentary laps of judgement after tetidus hours of spamming of a single button which allows enemies to break past your defensives and you die instantly. Is that fun?

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this game and what it offers.  Mid-game experience is incredibly fun when you're not quite powerful enough to completely dominate situation and the last few bullets left in the clip make all the difference.  But late game (really high enemy levels) just seems like you either find game breaking mechanics or you die instantly. 

Anyway,

Once this reasonable enemy damage system is in place, blessing could act a lot like Oberon's heal, shield regeneration over time, and maybe a straight damage reduction all at the same time.  It would feel defensively strong and extremely beneficial at low levels but not break the game at high levels. 

As enemies approach high levels the blessing won't be as affective as it can be at lower levels but certainly noticeable and desired.  However, you can still live w/o it just not as long >.< making other Tenno frames a reasonable choice.

Change Blessing from "you take no damage" to "you don't die".

+1

Interesting.  I'd like to see how that plays out.

Stack that with players being unable to gain the healing effects of Blessing unless Blessing has not been applied for a short time and you've got a decent fix.

Retain the instant heal, reduce invincibility duration to 5 seconds not affected by duration mod, speedup casting animation to roughly equivalent to roar and give it a 25m range. The goal here is change Blessing to emergency healing power.

Change Blessing from "you take no damage" to "you don't die".

Whilst I like this idea, how would we balance it around rage? Should rage not have an effect? Although it is a specific build(one that I shamelessly run at the moment), it still provides immortality. To some extents, I fear this might end up making blessing MORE overpowered.

Edited by InritusOO