Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Weapons - Which To Supercharge

avinity8

Question

Aye.

Been playing for awhile and finally getting my catalyst stacked up. Time to invest in a sentinel weapon. I have them all but have yet to supercharge any. Sent are helpful sidekick, so I know I'm missing out on a lot of dmg by not having enough on my sent's weapon(s).

Personally I enjoy the Stinger and the Deconstructor. Any advice on which of the two to pick? 

10 answers to this question

Outside of Shade's gun and Wyrm's gun, I'd say if's up to you.

Which one is the best fit for you playstyle ?

Sweeper (Carrier) is my only supercharged sentinel Weapon but I removed Thumper (Attack mod) since Melee 2.0.

That thing is killing everything before I am in melee range.

sweeper because then you don't need 2x maxed serration, and heavy caliber.

also as a "decent player" your using carrier anyways, so no real point in using other guns on carrier who only has a 10m range.

if you mean what can I forma 5x to get the maximum pet dps, then Djinn using dethcubes gun with fired up precept.

Sweeper is almost as good tho.

Edited by Tatersail

o_O  I will try out the sweeper again. But I love the innate elemental dmg on Stinger. Alrdy doing DoT to other enemies before I get to them.  Decon' bounces around a lot depending on build. And it one shots most enemies on -25 maps. And I have no forma on it, just mods.

sweeper because then you don't need 2x maxed serration, and heavy caliber.

also as a "decent player" your using carrier anyways, so no real point in using other guns on carrier who only has a 10m range.

if you mean what can I forma 5x to get the maximum pet dps, then Djinn using dethcubes gun with fired up precept.

Sweeper is almost as good tho.

What you mean 'decent player' o_O

I prefer Wyrm and have been using him since I started playing, only played others to max. I only use Carrier for heavy farming, like during oxium event.

ATM I'musing Helios to help with scans, whenever it gets any -_-

But I don't care for Carrier really. It is just its easy mode drop pickup ppl like?

If you use Helios, then Deconstructor is definitely a force to be reckoned with. It doesn't hit exactly as hard as a point-blank Sweeper on a single target when modded, but it will hit for full damage over MUCH longer range, and each shot in its clip will reflect off any surface it finds and aim for the nearest enemy's head (so it's not uncommon at all for your Helios to fire once and nail three headshots on moderately distant enemies). Adding a Rebound mod will cause it to reflect around even more, allowing more enemies to be hit in a single shot and giving the projectile more chances to seek new targets in the event that it misses. This alone already gives it by far the greatest potential damage per shot of all Sentinel weapons; not even Stinger comes close.

Keep in mind that it's also silent and benefits from Stealth multipliers (e.g. if you blind enemies with Excalibur, Deconstructor will deal quadruple damage on all affected enemies).

If you use Helios, then Deconstructor is definitely a force to be reckoned with. It doesn't hit exactly as hard as a point-blank Sweeper on a single target when modded, but it will hit for full damage over MUCH longer range, and each shot in its clip will reflect off any surface it finds and aim for the nearest enemy's head (so it's not uncommon at all for your Helios to fire once and nail three headshots on moderately distant enemies). Adding a Rebound mod will cause it to reflect around even more, allowing more enemies to be hit in a single shot and giving the projectile more chances to seek new targets in the event that it misses. This alone already gives it by far the greatest potential damage per shot of all Sentinel weapons; not even Stinger comes close.

Keep in mind that it's also silent and benefits from Stealth multipliers (e.g. if you blind enemies with Excalibur, Deconstructor will deal quadruple damage on all affected enemies).

Thank you, very helpful.

Also, don't we get extra exp for stealth kills? If so, then this is a nice pro+.

Thank you, very helpful.

Also, don't we get extra exp for stealth kills? If so, then this is a nice pro+.

Good news and bad news on that part.

The good news is that Sentinels no longer shoot at unalerted enemies, so you don't have to worry about any of them ruining your Stealth runs.

The bad news is that Sentinels no longer shoot at unalerted enemies, so you can't just walk around with Helios and deal 4x damage on anything that you sneak past anymore. xD

I'm not sure about whether you get bonus stealth kill exp, but you get extra stealth scan exp for sure. Not much, but it's something. xD

Sweeper was powerful indeed with just 3 mods. Point Blank, Ice mod and Hells chamber. So I added a cata to it.

Deconstructor has high proc and Stinger has innate element dmg and good fire rate, imo  Not sure which of these two to supercharge next. Only gonna supercharge 2 sent weps for the time being.