Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Who Think They're Funny On Defense Map Solution

It's getting irritating when playing a Defense map and when say you're in a group of 3 killing any and all that come your way and you get up to the point where you must choose to fight or claim your reward and they all go to fight and then at the last second bail out and leave me to my death.

I think they should make it so if all players go into the fight section that when the timer is ticking down and at the 3 second mark if all players are in the fight section of the match that it should start the match and not tick down to 1 letting a player or players to bail out.

It like we get up to 20 or wave 25 and it not that hard to sit in the claim part and let me know you good and no more claim and exit. It's a party foul when you go into battle leading me to think ok kill em all style and then at the last second bail out leaving me to my demise is growing old I'm finding now.

I think they should make it so if all players go into the fight section that when the timer is ticking down and at the 3 second mark if all players are in the fight section of the match that it should start the match and not tick down to 1 letting a player or players to bail out.

Then they would just switch their choice at the 3 second mark. The only difference is that you would have 3 extra seconds to curse them, wallow in despair, or gape in surprise before the sh**storm arrived.

Maybe asking the players how many waves they can actually go would help, if only a little.

I would not be mad however I would be glad that if a player or players went to back out that it would let me know to claim and exit and not continue to fight and die. Like this for example.

I join a game and it 4 players and we get up to wave 15 and then 1 player backs out so now 3 of us. So now we like ok hopefully the game will pop someone in but it doesn't and we get up to wave 20 and we all go to continue to fight and kill em all style but then at the last second the 2 players claim and exit while letting me fight to my death how thoughtful.

With the timer set like that it would take away people who find it fun to do this to people.

If by locking at 4 rather then when the timer runs out all you are doing is moving the goal, not changing the score. Even if they bailed a second before it was too late, you'd still be screwed as you would be locked in just the same.

There is no way to really come up with a solution as locking people in is no difference then what we have now. If you continue once everyone opts in then fine but it will do nothing if they all wait until the last second before picking either option. You will still be the one hoping they continue or moving on to fight alone.

To be fair, some people might click on the continue option only to back out once they discover there is an Alert they want or need in on. They also might have real world issues that force them to change their mind. I doubt it is every person who is just out to grief you as it would be a great waste of time to spend 20 or so waves with you just so they can opt out at the last second. Well, unless you were an A****** in the mission and they thought you deserved it.

Either way, PUG's are always a crap shoot.

After every 5 waves the pop up shoots up asking to fight or claim and the timer ticks down. If all players are in the continue to fight section as the timer is ticking down it should start at the 4 or 3 second mark. This way if someone backs out before that time it would give me time with those 3 to 4 seconds to claim and exit and not be left to my death.

What I would like is for you not to have to choose to leave to collect a reward, Sometimes I'm not quite ready to leave yet but I have to if i want that reward, I think they need to add to the reward every 5 waves rather then replace it, Especially since there have been times i get a somewhat decent prize after 5 waves but it gets worse by wave 10, 15, 20 or what ever i happen to go to that particular map, However I do agree they need to lock the players decisions at the 4 or 5 second mark, Although players can still screw you over you all could be set to keep fighting and at the 4 second mark they can switch then locking the choice with them as leave and you as fight.

This could be helped by having people actually go to an Extraction point like with Survival. No question then as to what their intentions were.

Being able to keep all of the rewards is another option as we would see people stay in a fight longer rather then leaving after the first wave or two because the reward is decent and we don't want to risk losing it for a crappy reward later.

If DE doesn't want to give us all of the rewards then at least give us the option like PayDay 2 does where we can select what we want from the mission.

While the time timer is ticking down and if all players move into the continue to fight side the game should start up earlier than ticking down to 1. If all players are in the continue to fight it should start sooner like at the 4 second mark. If a player backs out at the 4 second mark it would give me enough time to back out and continue on to fight. With this system it would eliminate the problem of people doing this. I like the 4 second idea better than my 3 second mark thought.

Edited by (PS4)fostermacation

I just think that if you are Being rewarded for every 5 waves you complete you should get eace one of those rewards, So why do i have to leave at wave 5 and lose a key for a reward because where as i can go longer it would be for a less helpful reward, If we can't keep the rewards from every fifth wave we complete at least have the rewards get better as you go and not worse

how about locking the choice @ the 4 second mark.

gives everybody time to make up their minds, 

also, once everybody has chosen, stop the countdown and start / leave the mission as normal.

people would then just bail out near the 4 sec mark and you'll be lock ... it change nothing.

people would then just bail out near the 4 sec mark and you'll be lock ... it change nothing.

it gives a player 4 seconds, if not decided, to either remain or leave.

example:

2 players opt to stay in, one opts to leave, one is undecided, the 4 second mark hits.

everyone that has already chosen cannot change their minds again.

the undecided can now choose to stay with the two or leave with the one.

nobody can skunk him any longer.

how does that "not change" anything again?

edit:

not, it's not perfect, but it will *reduce* the frequency that this happens. which is all (i think) that the OP is asking for.

Edited by xethier

Actually it would only make everyone wait on undecided. I guarantee it.

I'd personaly to see two things changes:

- If everyone chose to 'Keep fighting', the choice will get instantly locked like in solo and everyone has to go for 5 more waves.

- If someone stays with undecided, the default choice should be to leave instead of fighting on.

How about collecting all the rewards in defense like in survival? Then the only thing you would lose in the worst case are credits and bonus xp.

You do not get to keep rewards in survival if you fail the mission. Only ressources will stay with you.

In general Defense missions do not offer enough for the higher risk than on survival. The only upside is that the pace is mostly in the control of the players.

the easiest solution is to lock in the changes and not allow altering it past your initial choice.

i doubt any changes are going to be made. the system works as it stands, and i only run into people like this infrequently.

mostly in dark sectors. 

much like rushers, get a good clan, or build a group in recruitment.

What happens with people who like to make no selection until the very last second? The effect is the same. You end up being forced into making a decision that would then be locked in while they can do whatever they want.

I have seen that more then the last second opt out from somebody who previously opted in.

It's getting irritating when playing a Defense map and when say you're in a group of 3 killing any and all that come your way and you get up to the point where you must choose to fight or claim your reward and they all go to fight and then at the last second bail out and leave me to my death. 

This happened to me a lot of times. I just put those kind of player on ignore list so that they dont appear anymore in my missions. 

They do this only for trolling. 

Really either of "you cannot reverse your choice once made" or "extend the timer by three seconds with each selection after the first" would correct the situation.

The latter is probably better, because sometimes the first person to click is perfectly happy to fight more waves, but if two or three of the others are bailing out, they don't plan to tackle the next five waves alone, and hop out with them.