The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon - Hallowed Ground, Totally Ineffective After Mob Level 15

SnakeWildlife

Rank16 - All mods in the game maxed out.

PROBLEM: Oberon Hallowed Ground severely underperforming.

I have tried all possible combinations of mods to min-max Oberons Hallowed Ground, and it just isnt possible to make it effective in most of the games content, not unless you burn your entire energy pool (with efficiency) on ONE enemy by spamming the power (killing your framerate in the process)

You min max the damage: It doesnt last enough time, costs too much and isnt very long so it doesnt have enough opportunity to do much of the potential damage.

You min max the range or duration: Doesnt do enough damage, ticking around 68 or less on enemies and enemies within the effective area leave and escape the strip so quickly that it isnt capable of doing its job.

You min max the efficiency and try to spam it: It ends up slowing everybodies framerates to rubble, and still doesnt do much damage or last too long.

SOLUTION:

Multiple options:

Option A: Have the strip slow enemies, to allow it more opportunity to be effective.

Option B: Increase base damage output;

Option C: Increase base range; if the power it to be weak at least let it reach further, its too short to apply enough to enemies.

IMO it should just have a very high fire proc chance, so enemies that walk into it and get proc'd scream and try to beat out the flames, then get burned to death.

Or maybe flames should be reserved for Smite? I'm one of those "I still wish Oberon was a Paladin" guys.

Edited by kaboomonme

In another thread I was suggesting that Hallowed Ground would cleanse allies who stand on it of status effects. On HG? Congrats, you're protected from Bleed, Puncture, Toxin, etc. Already burning or bleeding? Run across the HG and you're cured!

Even with that it doesn't address the lack of CC it's supposed to offer. A high Radiation proc chance would not be amiss, perhaps one that increases in likelihood depending on the number of HG on the ground, like it's Damage? It wants a date buff too.