Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions - Acrobatics, Pvp?

BlackBearStyle

I noticed that your able to run on walls and stuff like Ninja Gaiden, and I suggest that the maps accommodate more acrobatics for Sneaking around and stuff, it was vague when I dreamed about it, couldnt remember most of what i wanted to say but i'll come back to talk about that.

Now about PVP, i was thinking that thier could be Races, ( Getting to point A to B, Relay Races, etc) and maybe 4v4 or 5v5 maps. I Know that this game is centered on PVE and i'm Fine with that, but at the same time i'd like to test my skills against other players when I feel confident in them. Also I was thinking of having a new faction so PVP could be an option, the new faction would be Tenno who somehow defected away from them due to the infestation and are just running rampant in isolated parts of the solar system. They would have the same Wframe abilities and when it comes time to switch teams Defected Tenno would have the same Wframe that your tenno has, but subtle changes in their stance and the way their armor looks. I'll write down more things as they come to me but hopefully this sparks some insterest into making a pvp mode.

I like the racing idea most for PvP. At the moment DE doesn't seem to be looking for or planning to make any ideas for straight up PvP as stated here:

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

https://forums.warfr...8-warframe-faq/

Racing against "ghosts" of other Tenno seems like a great "meta" form of PvP that they might be looking for.

Edited by AXCrusnik

@omnissah19:

Having PVP in this game Won't Force you to even bother with it, its just for those who would like to test themselves against other people.

@AXCrusnik

I could see why they would focus more on the pve 1st. The game would get stale really fast if they didn't but i feel being able to do acrobatics and some fancier melee comboes would make it really enjoyable.

Melee comboes would be pretty cool, you'd only need 2-3 comboes for each weapon, and you get them every Ten levels of ranking up your melee weapon. Would give a sense of uniqueness if this could be accomplished

@omnissah19:

Having PVP in this game Won't Force you to even bother with it, its just for those who would like to test themselves against other people.

@AXCrusnik

I could see why they would focus more on the pve 1st. The game would get stale really fast if they didn't but i feel being able to do acrobatics and some fancier melee comboes would make it really enjoyable.

Melee comboes would be pretty cool, you'd only need 2-3 comboes for each weapon, and you get them every Ten levels of ranking up your melee weapon. Would give a sense of uniqueness if this could be accomplished

I'd love it if this game had more combos. I've brought it up a couple times here I'm sure. I feel like we're set on acrobatics though. We have vertical and horizontal wall running, sliding, flip jumps, rolls, and there's some way to mantle that I haven't figured out yet. I'd say a tutorial/sure fire way to mantle would be the only other acrobatic thing worth adding, and only because its already partially there.

Just wanted to say awesome name :P

Thanks lol Edited by AXCrusnik

I hate to relate it to another game, but I think having an "Arena" system in the same sense that World of Warcraft did it would be great.

It doesn't force you into it, and you can always pick it up with a few friends, rewards would be worth a little less than doing a mission, so it becomes a pass time, not a way to farm credits and stuff like that, but still remains appealing. Sort of making it a mini-game in other words.

As for races, I think it's brilliant.

Inb4 threadlock, admins don't whant pvp threads, there is an official unofficial pvp thread in the off topic forum.

More places to take advantage of wall running would be cool, allot of the time random art assets like storage lockers and stuff get in the way.