Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Average Player Skill Level?!

avinity8

Judging by my experience with rank 16 players not knowing how to fight Kril, pretty low.

From there, I can say that I ran my first 70 points solo as Loki.

When I saw that the Neptune node was on nightmare, I figured I'd switch to pubs, just to hurry things along.
First mission: No shields, whatever I'm Invisible 90% of the time. Three Rhinos come in, one rank 8, one rank 10, one rank 6. They all start firing Somas, running and gunning. Had to wait for them at the double panel door. Door opens, all three Stomp in unison, I kill the first warden, leap onto the second, and then the kill switch goes on. Then they all go in different directions, all of which are not the prison cells. I crack em open, go in side, and get the captive out. The three Rhinos? One is down, one is rushing to the exit, and the third is spamming stomp next to the downed guy.

The next four public matches were all iterations of that first match. I ended up failing three of those five matches.

just solo it , people dont understand what stealth is , they wanna go in guns blazing and destroy everything that moves , i havnt failed this mission once , loki + narrowminded + continuity + invisibility , and a good melee weapon is all you need  , and well a primary on your way to extraction

What's going on here. It seems that the average player, no matter which mastery rank 13+ or 15,seem to be noobs.

This new Rescue 2.0 thing is so easy and simple yet people are failing it.... Just had two straight fails after 5 successes.

And this is exactly what we need in Warframe, imo. A reason to co-operate in this co-operative game.

There may be consensus in most mission types (kill every thing), but there's no co-operation needed to accomplish it, just powerful enough weaponary.

This has to change to make the game more challenging and interesting.

Eh, took me a while to realize that "Oh hey, stealth only matters once you reach that door, because you can easily reset the alarms from there"

You don't even need a stealth frame to beat the wardens, here's what I do (I play as Nyx):

1.Walk up, avoid stabbing the first one. 

2. Follow, using pillars to avoid LOS

3. Once they are both walking in the same direction (happens fairly quickly and regularly), go up and stealth kill both of them. (for clarity, these are the wardens just in front of the cells

4. Run to cells and hack them open.

5. Neutralize the enemy inside (I usually mind control and melee for cool/immersion factor)

6. Go inside, get the door shut

7. Find prisoner. Get credit for stealth rescue

8. When you get back out after handing him a gun, the remaining two wardens are outside the door, either waiting/leaving/coming up to it. Since I'm Nyx, I mind control one, quickly kill the other, then blast my "ally" away while I have the chance. Get credit for warden kill

9.Run like hell to extraction

9 points per run. Though I feel like I'm doing something weird/wrong/missing out on something from what everyone else has been saying.

So uh. Yeah. I'd like to point out that silencer mods are a thing. And are only around 5 mod points at max rank. And as long as you can 3-shot a Warden with the silenced weapon from far enough away to where they don't have line of sight you should be able to get the full bonuses on your own. Just gotta remember to reset the alarms.

your trying to pin this on rushers, but in reality the players you're encountering are just bad players.

besides, you shouldn't even try this with a pug, thats just bad judgement.

this event kind of miffs me in a way.

i breezed through it with my 30 second invisibility loki, but what are people that dont own a stealth frame going to do?

No, I wasn't singling out rushers.

Also, this event is [almost] like the Cicero Event, whereas if want a better shot at soloing, for a perfect score, you need a specific frame. I had strict Nat back then so could only solo. No frame worked/helped til I went with Frost and and even then I had to mod him a certain way.

This event isn't that bad, even going for perfect score solo. You just need to take your time, etc. But loki/Ash do help.

You should go play WoT than come back and let us know how bad the players are here.

Tried it late last year for about 2hours and gladly uninstalled it.

Play with your clanmates and avoid the pubbie scourge.

Read the thread, I mention I left them due to most of them being the people I'm speaking of in this thread.

And this is exactly what we need in Warframe, imo. A reason to co-operate in this co-operative game.

There may be consensus in most mission types (kill every thing), but there's no co-operation needed to accomplish it, just powerful enough weaponary.

This has to change to make the game more challenging and interesting.

^ Otherwise these 'kids' will gladly jump ship when the next flavor of the month game comes out. Lack of lore (for immersion) helps hurt the game as well.

Typically my team kills the first warden, I switch teleport the second warden, and the third warden sounds the alarm. The third one is just too far away.

I wanted to keep my strategy to myself so that I could limit others getting Cosmic spectres to possibly be used against me down the road, Lmao But I'll share.

I have 30 sec invisibility Loki. When we get the Hostage rm I tell every to stay back so I solo.

- I go straight to the hack console

- Don't bother with the Wardens! Even if one is right in front of you for an easy kill, just ignore him!

- Once inside, the guard inside, I may or may not kill him, most time I ignore him too. Just go straight to freeing the hostage

- BOOM, easy points. Now you can go for the Wardens. I signal rest of team to come and kill all wardens.

Head to extract = perfect run.

People want to bother with the wardens, just ignore them and head for the hostage,once the hostage is free doesn't matter if alarms go off, you already got the bonus pts for getting the hostage without setting off alarms. Because one the kill count down starts you missed out on those pts,therefore missing out on a perfect run.

^That's my PUG tactic. Ofc you can talk on ts/vent/etc with fnds/clannies?

Just have a Loki (hopefully good duration on invis) let him go straight to hostage THEN deal with Wardens. It's utterly an easy mission to get max points.

^ This worked for me 7-9 straight times till next run someone didn't listen when i said to stay back and decided to be a hero and ruin things. 

edit: Oh yea, Corpus tilesets are better too. Grineer tiles have those elect traps. That just kills Loki while hacking,even with a decipher to speed things up  >_>

Edited by avinity8

Solo Loki on Neptun.

Run past wardens being invisible,

free hostage,

Kill wardens

End mission

Profit

Can't even imagine doing this mission with randoms.

I can't either, rofl.

I was able to get these missions done by myself even as Hydroid. 

Then once I had all my rewards I tried doing it with pubs, FAILED.   Lol

Skill has little place in this game. Who wants to aim up headshot after headshot when you can fire a Rocket and kill everything in the area. Who wants to rely on mobility and cover when you can be invulnerable for the entire mission.Who wants to play a frame that takes practice when you can run something that presses 4 every time it enters a room before moving on to the next one.

Ultimately, it comes down to players taking the easy path too often and not picking up the skills they need to play well.

It's their own damn fault they are terrible.

Skill has little place in this game. Who wants to aim up headshot after headshot when you can fire a Rocket and kill everything in the area. Who wants to rely on mobility and cover when you can be invulnerable for the entire mission.Who wants to play a frame that takes practice when you can run something that presses 4 every time it enters a room before moving on to the next one.

Ultimately, it comes down to players taking the easy path too often and not picking up the skills they need to play well.

Its sad, I mean I take the easy/fun path sometimes but people do have to realize that it is a crutch and if relied on it can really make you dead weight when said crutch gets nerfed [aka Trinity's blessing builds, when it gets its turn against the nerf bat]

Not even Sunday yet and you're preaching  =D

I stick to my Vauban and Birdie and now Hydroid. But I often play Birdie more though. Vauban for safety since I can't rely on PUBs so I know I can have CC to support me.

Despite them 'saying' that some of them play the game, I don't believe the 'right' DE/DEVs actually casually play the game. As in the ones who make the big decisions. 

They take months and rely on the forums feedback 'too' much to make obvious, way over due changes to the game.  That's just my take.